Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Originally Posted by LSU fan
My biggest concern is kids can’t “possess” them until 18. So there is some risk if you’re not hunting together.

The age for anyone to legally posses one is 21 as per my trust attorney.
Not according to this: https://americansuppressorassociation.com/education/

Some states may have more restrictions in the state statute. Like how machine guns are legal in MN, but only if they are C&R.
True, but crittr used the term anyone and that's not the case for everyone. And I'd be surprised if it's the case in his state.

My bad, my son had to be 21 before I could add him on to my trust.

HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, crittr. Is that something in Utah trust law, not necessarily specific to the suppressor?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Per my NFA dealer kids can be added as a beneficiary at any age but can’t be added as a trustee until 18 (or hell, maybe it was 21?). If your beneficiary is a minor, a trustee would keep possession until they were old enough.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LSU fan
Per my NFA dealer kids can be added as a beneficiary at any age but can’t be added as a trustee until 18 (or hell, maybe it was 21?). If your beneficiary is a minor, a trustee would keep possession until they were old enough.
That's how mine was done. Beneficiary as a minor and now a co-trustee.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If you want to see the future, look north to Canada. Unless you are the legally registered owner of a firearm, you CANNOT shoot it. I can take my shotguns to Canada for tournaments, but it's illegal for somebody to "try it out" even with me standing adjacent to them.

Ditto for purchasing ammo - you cannot buy a caliber/gauge unless your card indicates same ownership. Must be registered to buy ammo? Yes in Kanada. Yes in Kommifornia (and other places).

Kanada law coming to Amerika soon.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, crittr. Is that something in Utah trust law, not necessarily specific to the suppressor?

It was a suppressor specific trust that was done. Not sure if it is Utah specific or not, might have to give my attorney a call to find out.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Just a couple of thoughts after reading some of this...

1. "grey area" is just a place you don't want to be these days if you are wise.

2. follow the "money"

3. phone cameras and recorders have turned most "social" situations risky legal "minefields"

4. [bleep] always runs downhill to the name on the "dotted line"/deepest pockets (see #1!)

5. consider the "[bleep] show" we live in as we speak... certain things, at least, are definitely unraveling

Suppressors certainly look interesting for certain applications but not worth the risk, cost, and "dance" with the legal system for me. Ear plugs and muffs have worked just fine when utilized.

This is still America I think, so for now anyway, to each his own.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by lundtroller

This is still America Amerika I think, so for now anyway, to each his own.

Fixed it

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by mathman
The fact that we have to jump through these hoops at all is bullshit.

I agree. It is total bull schidt. One of my buddies is a SWAT member. He lets me shoot his suppressed rifles all the time. He actually requests that I do testing with them, to prove their accuracy. However, he is there with me. Is that legal, or not? I do agree, we live in America where we used to have freedoms. It's just stupid where it's going, especially with this current administration.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kappa8
If you want to see the future, look north to Canada. Unless you are the legally registered owner of a firearm, you CANNOT shoot it. I can take my shotguns to Canada for tournaments, but it's illegal for somebody to "try it out" even with me standing adjacent to them.

Ditto for purchasing ammo - you cannot buy a caliber/gauge unless your card indicates same ownership. Must be registered to buy ammo? Yes in Kanada. Yes in Kommifornia (and other places).

Fu ck that!!! FJB. I'm assuming you are not voting trump?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

BSA, was only reporting observations. This thread about suppressor laws demonstrates how eerily close we are to Kanadian dictats. Nowhere did I indicate those were my preferences.

FJB indeed! Only a fool would vote for Brandon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Mr. Passive Aggressive - how in the gawd's creation did you interpret this gentleman to be a lefty?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lundtroller

1. "grey area" is just a place you don't want to be these days if you are wise.

2. follow the "money"

3. phone cameras and recorders have turned most "social" situations risky legal "minefields"

4. [bleep] always runs downhill to the name on the "dotted line"/deepest pockets (see #1!)

5. consider the "[bleep] show" we live in as we speak... certain things, at least, are definitely unraveling

Suppressors certainly look interesting for certain applications but not worth the risk, cost, and "dance" with the legal system for me. Ear plugs and muffs have worked just fine when utilized.

This is still America I think, so for now anyway, to each his own.

I'm already on "the list" (so are you) --- may as well have the toys to go with.

Me

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
^^^^He is not blowing smoke on that. All I’ll say.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I brought this up to FWP ranger /CO in Montana and he said if Let anyone use my can that can better be within arms reach of me the entire time it’s NOT actually in my hands and being used by others.

Informal discussion in the sage that day, for what it’s worth.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

No suppressors "aloud" (allowed), for sure & Yes, Kanada law is [bleep], but .......................

As long as I have a Possession & acquisition license, I can buy any commercially available ammunition or components, commercially available.

It's not limited to any firearms I own.

Without our defunct long gun registry, they have no idea (supposedly), of what we own / possess.

Only 5 of our firearms, were purchased, prior to the scrapping of the long gun registry.

We do not own, any restricted or prohibited firearms, which are still recorded, via your special access license.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When they decide to do confiscation or line up the box cars - they will not discriminate based on "type" of firearm they believe you own. All they'll know is you own A firearm and are a threat to them.

Me

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

No suppressors "aloud" (allowed), for sure & Yes, Kanada law is [bleep], but .......................

As long as I have a Possession & acquisition license, I can buy any commercially available ammunition or components, commercially available.

It's not limited to any firearms I own.

Thanks for clarifying 99s. Back in the day (2010-13) I called ahead to my buddy and asked him to buy some .22 ammo, and was told he can't because he only has shotguns registered. When I drove to border & submitted my form 5589 for shotguns (which Constable said would function as my ammo purchase authority), Canadian Tire worker wouldn't let me buy .22 or 7RM ammo, only shotshells. Perhaps things have changed since 2013. Or maybe it's just a visitor thing.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Teal
When they decide to do confiscation or line up the box cars - they will not discriminate based on "type" of firearm they believe you own. All they'll know is you own A firearm and are a threat to them.

No need to own firearms. Taking a stroll thru the Capitol is enough to scare them shocked

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (29aholic, 308xray, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 300_savage, 30 invisible), 1,814 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,186
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.