Print Thread
Hop To
C
Cecil56 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Does anyone have one for yourself or loved ones? I'm to the point that I would feel better having one.
About 6 months or so ago I fell and could not even crawl or get up. Thankfully I was on the phone with
a friend and she called my Daughter. I have zero knowledge on them. Will also ask my Daughter, who is a RN.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Do some research. I purchased one for my mother when her health became problematic. She used it several times and worked well. The most marketed one is Life Alert but we went with Medical Guardian. It was a better rated company. Do not forget to get a lockbox for your door so the EMTs do not need to break through the door or window. It has code that will let them open the box to get the key. Price was resonable back in 2018. She passed about a year later. It was definitely a good peace-of-mind for me and my brothers who did not live local.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
MainStreet Messenger :

ashington.dc.networkofcare.org/veterans/assistive/detail.aspx?id=13486&cid=67&cn=Communication&org=

I've worked with this system in the past and was a Regional Manager for the Manufacturer. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions I can answer for you. There are other services similar on the market. This one was distributed in Canada especially for most of rural homes there, via electric co-ops, rural phone services etc. It is a fairly simple system, but has long range and is relatively very robust.

All of these systems require a monitoring service, and are distributed by the monitoring services.
They are just the same types as systems in an Assisted Living Facilities, much the same as monitoring security systems for your home. These systems are just orientated more for Health Care Monitoring, vs Home Security systems that protect your home against break in, who contact Law Enforcement vs Ambulance and Medical Services.

The Main Street Messenger can be programmed to contact up to 6 phone numbers, to include neighbors and family members along with EMS services. They work on a land line phone system. They well continually contact each [phone number for up to 4 minutes ( however the customer wants it programmed), and will go on a continual loop until someone answers on the other end. If it contacts a family member or neighbor, it still can continue in a loop until answered by EMS, or a designated Monitoring Contact Point, who will then call EMS, and then let the end user know there is an ambulance on the way.

There is Life Alert, and then many hospital systems utilize Life Line ( a different company monitored via a local regional health care facility).

As far as quality of product used, Main Street Messenger system was the highest quality on the market. Many others used real cheap components. If it was my mom, or dad, I'd worry about the lack of quality equipment. Cheap equipment would concern me as it has a higher frequency of failure, and you don't want that when your loved one really needs it to work.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We just fire the shotgun off the portch 3 times

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Life alert, Lifeline, There are a few different ones out there. Do some research. Some have an Operator that will talk to you some just call 911, or a responsible.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord

I gave mamma a garage door opener on a chain.

Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Cecil56
Does anyone have one for yourself or loved ones? I'm to the point that I would feel better having one.
About 6 months or so ago I fell and could not even crawl or get up. Thankfully I was on the phone with
a friend and she called my Daughter. I have zero knowledge on them. Will also ask my Daughter, who is a RN.
Got one for my wife a few months ago, after I tried to call her for a few hours and she never answered... I was in the chopper and couldn't leave. Called my son who drove over quick and found her on the floor. She'd been there for about 8 hours and couldn't get to her phone..

Needless to say, after she got home from the hospital I got her a med-alert pendant with 'fall' capability..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by slumlord

I gave mamma a garage door opener on a chain.
Invisible Leash might work better.

C
Cecil56 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Cecil56
Got one for my wife a few months ago, after I tried to call her for a few hours and she never answered... I was in the chopper and couldn't leave. Called my son who drove over quick and found her on the floor. She'd been there for about 8 hours and couldn't get to her phone..

Needless to say, after she got home from the hospital I got her a med-alert pendant with 'fall' capability..
She called my Daughter, who was out of town at the time. Got here the next morning. I was still laying on the floor and had pissed myself. Daughter got me cleaned up and called 911 for a hospital trip. How humiliating. Thank God Daughter is a RN and has seen that [bleep] before. Would probably be dead if not talking with my friend when it happened.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neighbor lady has one and butt dials it about every 6 months or so. Police, fire, and an ambulance light up the neighborhood looking for her address and we tell them where to go. Few homes carry readily visible numbers. She usually comes out to see what all the excitement is about.

1Minute
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My Wife's aunt, and uncle had them.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (01Foreman400, 17Hunter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,602
Posts18,473,624
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.