Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
L
Lee_R Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I just saw Wayne is gone effective 1/31/24.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A decade too late to save the NRA from itself. I'm a life member that hasn't given another penny in years.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
YeeHaw, got to find out about rest of officers before I give a penny again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
About time.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'm sure he will have to watch his budget now.....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Did he go out tarred and feathered on a rail? if not, they were too nice.

Old70

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is always danger of corruption and abuse of privileges by staying on too long in any office just like the politicians.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No doubt….
Originally Posted by las
I'm sure he will have to watch his budget now.....

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Not with all that he skimmed off the top in the bank....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trial starts next week.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2024/01/05/nra-trial-wayne-lapierre-new-york-guns/7381704258137/

Jan. 5 (UPI) -- Executives of the National Rifle Association are going to trial in New York, nearly four years after state Attorney General Letitia James filed suit accusing the group of corrupt activities by using NRA funds to pay for expensive trips and other lavish items.

Opening arguments in the trial, which is expected to last six weeks, are scheduled for Monday after jury selection began this week.

Filed in 2020, the suit accuses NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre, who has led the organization for over 30 years, of using the NRA as a "personal piggy bank."

The state's complaint cites "dozens of examples where the four individual defendants failed to fulfill their fiduciary duty to the NRA and used millions upon millions from NRA reserves for personal use, including trips for them and their families to the Bahamas, private jets, expensive meals, and other private travel."

James seeks the ouster of LaPierre and the three other executives -- Wilson Phillips, John Frazer and Joshua Powell -- as part of the case against the NRA.

In January 2021, the NRA attempted to file for bankruptcy, but a federal judge in Texas dismissed the request four months later.

Repeated attempts to throw out New York's legal charges ultimately failed. The NRA claimed the charges against them were politically motivated by James, a Democrat, and her office.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
He finally bled them dry of all their cash..

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sheet, I got to about the 5th rank of life member before I gave up.

Now it's GOA.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” Tolkien
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Guess he was on the Epstein list.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hopefully it can be resurrected. My standard response to their dialing for dollars calls for years has been “you won’t see another dime from me until you change leadership and refocus on the wishes of members”.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shirely you jest. I thought he could walk on water. Now they need to go through about 75% of the board.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/05/24.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd bet that his Golden Goose continues to pass him eggs as "pension".

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
It took a democrat’s deep concern over how the NRA was managed to get him out of office.

Maybe she can run the NRA. Or run for President….

For those who savvy sarcasm, I did read an article in some liberal rag (forget which), that questioned the wisdom of interrupting the NRA while it did itself in. This was a couple years back. Apparently, the NRA board were the last guys in the room to get the joke….or they got it from the get go depending on how you want to paint it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The question is how much will he take with him as severance, and more importantly how much does he get yearly from now on? And lets not forget his wife being compensated. And now who pays his ongoing legal bills for his malfeasance and misfeasance? Those questions are important. He was really good at putting his hooks into the money.

I would almost bet there are contracts where he will continue to be paid and the NRA will pick up the legal bills.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
His leaving was a big condition for me ever supporting them again

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Sorry Rocky, I was posting my reply and didn't see yours which said what I did in fewer words.

Last edited by Hastings; 01/05/24. Reason: added word

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
As long as the NRA was paying him a salary I refused to renew my membership. I may, just may, give them another chance now. But I will still be giving to GOA since I think they really care about the gun owners and not the donation $$$.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Squidge
Trial starts next week.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2024/01/05/nra-trial-wayne-lapierre-new-york-guns/7381704258137/

Jan. 5 (UPI) -- Executives of the National Rifle Association are going to trial in New York, nearly four years after state Attorney General Letitia James filed suit accusing the group of corrupt activities by using NRA funds to pay for expensive trips and other lavish items.

Opening arguments in the trial, which is expected to last six weeks, are scheduled for Monday after jury selection began this week.

Filed in 2020, the suit accuses NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre, who has led the organization for over 30 years, of using the NRA as a "personal piggy bank."

The state's complaint cites "dozens of examples where the four individual defendants failed to fulfill their fiduciary duty to the NRA and used millions upon millions from NRA reserves for personal use, including trips for them and their families to the Bahamas, private jets, expensive meals, and other private travel."

James seeks the ouster of LaPierre and the three other executives -- Wilson Phillips, John Frazer and Joshua Powell -- as part of the case against the NRA.

In January 2021, the NRA attempted to file for bankruptcy, but a federal judge in Texas dismissed the request four months later.

Repeated attempts to throw out New York's legal charges ultimately failed. The NRA claimed the charges against them were politically motivated by James, a Democrat, and her office.

Looks like the NRA knows what the verdict will be already. whistle

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NY AG screwed the NRA and drove a wedge between membership and leadership exactly as they intended. I doubt that the NRA was misusing funds anymore than the typical feed the children, save the whale ect; organizations do. If anything the NRA was probably less corrupt than most. It’s the same AG that’s trying to destroy Trump.

Having said all of that. The NRA has been tone deaf to membership for years and probably still will be if it isn’t completely restructured into a grassroots ground up organization. I’m a lifetime NRA member that used to wear an NRA logo hoodie with pride. I’m embarrassed of it today and haven’t given them money in year. I donate to GOA. I’d love to see the NRA rise up from the ashes but I have my doubts that it will happen.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wayne Killed the NRA not the NY AG, he left way too late. It would take some real leadership to fix the mess the NR is in now.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
The NY AG screwed the NRA and drove a wedge between membership and leadership exactly as they intended. I doubt that the NRA was misusing funds anymore than the typical feed the children, save the whale ect; organizations do. If anything the NRA was probably less corrupt than most. It’s the same AG that’s trying to destroy Trump.

Having said all of that. The NRA has been tone deaf to membership for years and probably still will be if it isn’t completely restructured into a grassroots ground up organization. I’m a lifetime NRA member that used to wear an NRA logo hoodie with pride. I’m embarrassed of it today and haven’t given them money in year. I donate to GOA. I’d love to see the NRA rise up from the ashes but I have my doubts that it will happen.
Almost all non-profits misuse money and the directors get wealthy. Tunnels to Towers, Teen Challenge, all the foreign medical missions, THE RED CROSS, NRA, all the cancer organizations, even the Salvation Army, you name it. Someone there is sucking up money.

Try to find out how the founder of Tunnels to Towers Frank Siller became a millionaire. You can't, he won't say.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Well...he owns it right?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Wayne Killed the NRA not the NY AG, he left way too late. It would take some real leadership to fix the mess the NR is in now.

I agree.

Wayne should have left a long time ago. He also skimmed off the top, and focused the NRA towards the gun industry and the gun industry big dollars over the grassroots members and cheapened the NRA name.

I really doubt that the NRA was doing anything more illegitimate than nearly every other non profit out there though. The NY AG chose to go after NRA for political purposes the same way she chose to go after Trump for political purposes. She isn’t going after Planned Parenthood, or BLM but I’d bet that they and most other nonprofits are every bit as bad or worse than the NRA in terms of membership dollars.

She didn’t file charges on the NRA out of a concern for membership dollars being misspent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was at a Washington Arms Collectors gun show ~25 years ago when Wayne walked by followed by his bodyguard.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

This.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I really doubt that the NRA was doing anything more illegitimate than nearly every other non profit out there though. The NY AG chose to go after NRA for political purposes the same way she’s chose to go after Trump for political reasons.
If you decide to tangle with the evil that is in power you better keep your nose clean. They will fight back and do not have any scruples when it comes down to what they will use to ruin you. Trump is an example. I can personally testify to the tactics and lies they will use.

That said, I am positive Wayne LaPierre is guilty.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings

Almost all non-profits misuse money and the directors get wealthy. Tunnels to Towers, Teen Challenge, all the foreign medical missions, THE RED CROSS, NRA, all the cancer organizations, even the Salvation Army, you name it. Someone there is sucking up money.

Try to find out how the founder of Tunnels to Towers Frank Siller became a millionaire. You can't, he won't say.
Exactly.

I donate to other pro gun organizations that are more inline with my beliefs and better spend the dollars they receive but the NRA charges were a political hit job to destroy the biggest pro gun organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter

+1 LL76.

The NY AG screwed the NRA and drove a wedge between membership and leadership exactly as they intended

This method IS exactly how Democrats divide and defeat any entity they wish to destroy. The Democrats have had the NRA in their sights for decades due to the influence the NRA provided for Republican political candidates.

Once the Democrats placed a negro woman in power as the NY AG that was the time to begin the campaign to destroy the NRA.

GOA
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Only took about 10 years longer than it should have.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
NRA supported every anti gun law that was passed starting with banning machine guns in the 1930's

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
One wonders if it also has anything to do with the Epstein list?

Either way it's about damn time.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 01/05/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
His leaving was a big condition for me ever supporting them again

Mine too.

But I wonder just how effective they can be, now that they have been run into the ground, and taken for all the money they can be?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They lost me forever. GOA for me from now on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's still a no account bastard where ever he winds up.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mrmeener
NRA supported every anti gun law that was passed starting with banning machine guns in the 1930's
No doubt that the NRA took a bend but don’t break pragmatic view towards the 2A over a fundamentalist stance on the 2A. I’ve never agreed with that.

They also were a roadblock to some gun control that would have passed or been more severe without the NRA. Probably more importantly to the left the NRA was responsible for getting Republicans even if RINO Republicans elected over Democrats. Hence the political hit job.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lawyer being a lawyer.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lemming: The real question is why did it take a Democrat - Letisha- to get the scumbag's nose out of the feeding trough? LaPierre's abuse of the jet and his exorbitant suit allowance has been disclosed for a long time. Why did he have a jet and clothing allowance in the first place? The Board of Directors were completely derelict in their oversight responsibilities for a very long time. Until that is fixed expect more of the same.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good riddance!

I don’t blame for the last decade, plus.

If you have a big roast in the fridge and it spoils,
after awhile you can’t blame the rotten meat for the stink.

By then, it’s your fault for not taking out the trash!

No different than the famous scandal with a nearby college football coach butt reaming kids.
He was a POS.
After the first report, it wasn’t about him anymore.
It was about those who knew/knew better and left it
keep happening.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is good news. I was an annual member for many years and became a life member in 1987, Wayne tripped my alarms as he didn't seem like a true believer to me. Then there is that he never left his position. In the corporate world, you don't leave officers in place forever, things get stale, cronyism festers. Turn over is good.

While James wanted to destroy the NRA, Wayne made it possible and his defense bled the organization dry.

I've been sending monthly donations to the Second Amendment Foundation and Firearms Policy for the last few years as I will not fund Waynes defense.

I hope they shrink the board of directors and put in term limits for top officers.

From what I've read in the pro gun sources, Wayne needs to go to prison.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
FWLP and the NRA!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bobmn
Lemming: The real question is why did it take a Democrat - Letita- to get the scumbag's nose out of the feeding trough? LaPierre's abuse of the jet and his exorbitant suit allowance has been disclosed for a long time. Why did he have a jet and clothing allowance in the first place? The Board of Directors were completely derelict in their oversight responsibilities for a very long time. Until that is fixed expect more of the same.

Thats my point. That it didn’t take a Democrat to uncover some super secret scandal. The NRA was doing the same thing that nearly every nonprofit does. She selectively targeted the NRA because she doesn’t like the NRA’s politics, the industry that it represents, the people that it represents, or the politicians that it helps elect.

As I mentioned I donate to GOA because they better represent my views. I’m more than happy to see that Wayne is about to be gone. If Wayne had any self respect or the best interest of the NRA at heart he’d have resigned years ago.

That doesn’t change the fact that the selective prosecution of the NRA was a political hit job to demoralize the right and limit right leaning political contributions. Two things can be true at once.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Lee_R
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I just saw Wayne is gone effective 1/31/24.

I am glad to hear it. Unlike many others, I have continued to contribute a little bit. I would hate to see the once great organization perish if it can be avoided. I am not sure that is still possible though.

For the last several years most of my support goes to a local group OFF and GOA. I see them as far more owner friendly and proactive than the NRA though its grass roots bunch has been pretty active in Oregon.

The opposition has used the NRA to weaken our overall efforts. Perhaps we can see some gains as a result of his departure.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When they fire 75 board members they can think about 'what now'?

Even birds know not to land downwind!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Golden parachute come to mind.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by strosfann
Hopefully it can be resurrected. My standard response to their dialing for dollars calls for years has been “you won’t see another dime from me until you change leadership and refocus on the wishes of members”.

Precisely my answer to them for years.

NRA Patron
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I think Wayne & his BOOTLICKERS managed things in such a way that the Board had little say, or maybe they were too weak & just glad to be there !! Wayne was a member of my gun club years ago, BEFORE ! WAS A MEMBER !! He was a legislative assistant for a state delegate, VIC THOMAS. Vic was a Democrat, but strong gun rights supporter. My Club requires Members to be an NRA Member, but i think I had nearly enough support to get that overturned, however now that won't be an issue, FOR AWHILE !!

"not too grumpy"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's a good start.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
10 years too late...

The NRA will never see another penny from me.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
By the way, I think OLE WAYNE has his contract set up to pay him for life !!!!!!! A fine fellow......................................

"not too grumpy"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Guess he was on the Epstein list.
Yikes!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
10 years too late...

At this point not sure if the NRA will ever recover.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by oldwoody2
By the way, I think OLE WAYNE has his contract set up to pay him for life !!!!!!! A fine fellow......................................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nra-chief-wayne-lapierre-says-193151981.html

This article mentions the possibility of a $17 million “golden parachute”. OTOH, if he is convicted of siphoning off funds from the company, I would THINK there’d be little possibility of that happening. Probably some language about “in good standing at time of resignation”, that allows him to collect money that he wouldn’t otherwise be able to, if he were to resign in another 3-6 months.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I believe the whole board needs to go. They were the partners of Wayne and assisted him in all the poor dealings. I will not go back to being a member ever again. GOA for me for now on. The NRA used to fight for gun owner rights and then just let everything go through. .FUUck the NRA

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The way I see it, the Democrats always had this big mean NRA to pick on. Now that the NRA has been largely neutralized, a gazillion other non-profits have sprung up. It'll be like fighting a hydra.

I always liked when some liberal numb-nuts would go on to me about how bad the NRA was. I'd let them prattle on until they really buried themselves and then quietly announce I was a life member.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
10 years too late...

Unless the existing board is voted out, I doubt it will. Any board that could allow WLP to run the organization into the ground this long shouldn't be in power. The whole lot needs to be flushed.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by goalie
A decade too late to save the NRA from itself. I'm a life member that hasn't given another penny in years.

Yep.

Shame!

He RESIGNED. Shoulda left in an orange jump suit.

Conservatives have surrendered institutions. With friends like him who needs enemies??

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Like democrats on their way to Canada when Trump won in 2016, so are the loudest NRA whiners that denounced their membership because of WL.

Now that he’s gone, it will be interesting to see just how many of those whiners rejoin the NRA to give it the emphasis and power they need to fight all this anti-gun legislation…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Like democrats on their way to Canada when Trump won in 2016, so are the loudest NRA whiners that denounced their membership because of WL.

Now that he’s gone, it will be interesting to see just how many of those whiners rejoin the NRA to give it the emphasis and power they need to fight all this anti-gun legislation…

While I understand what you’re saying, the truth is, that is really the ONLY power that members HAVE. WLP could only be kicked out by the BOARD, and you couldn’t get ON the Board unless the BOARD nominated you. It was completely closed off to any REAL dissent.

A member couldn’t just run for a Board seat on their own, or nominate someone else. Other than whining and withholding money, members had no real “say” in what was going on. You only get to vote for who THEY say you can vote for.

I say this as a Benefactor Life Member, who hasn’t donated any money in 5 plus years.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V

Yep ^^^^^^^

Guys on this forum and most others have stated that they would not give another penny to the NRA until LaPierre was gone. Well he is going to be gone so let's see who is going to man up and who is going to continue to whine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
10 years too late...

Didn't I read a couple of years back that the NRA Museum is falling in on itself?? Needs a multi-million $$ renovation???

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wayne and the BOD ruined a once great organization. https://www.citizensforethics.org/r...enue-in-freefall-as-member-dues-plummet/

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It was the WLP fiasco that motivated me to join the GOA.
I won't rule out rejoining the NRA sometime, but I'm gonna wait and see what develops from this.
I'd feel like a hypocrite not to, since I said I would rejoin once Wayne was gone.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by JeffyD
I won't rule out rejoining the NRA sometime, but I'm gonna wait and see what develops from this.
I'd feel like a hypocrite not to, since I said I would rejoin once Wayne was gone.

Well, I think most folks’ were implying they’d rejoin IF the BOARD grew a set of balls, and FIRED WLP. It’s good to know he’s leaving, but remains to be seen if the Board will be changing its’ stripes, or revamping how their selection/nomination/election process goes, and what power they “cede” to the CEO…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"According to the NRA release, Andrew Arulanandam, head of general operations for the association, will serve as interim CEO and executive vice president of the organization."

Never heard of him. But, I let my NRA membership lapse a long time ago.

Last edited by gonehuntin; 01/05/24.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VaHunter

Yep ^^^^^^^

Guys on this forum and most others have stated that they would not give another penny to the NRA until LaPierre was gone. Well he is going to be gone so let's see who is going to man up and who is going to continue to whine.

Not another cent to the NRA ever !
"Shall not be Infringed" ! Was never their mission statement.
Started with great intentions, turned into money scamming dog and pony show.

GOA and VCDL, until they lose my trust and confidence.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Let's give him a 21 gun salute for finally doing the right thing- - - - -with a blindfold and live ammo!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by JeffyD

Well, I think most folks’ were implying they’d rejoin IF the BOARD grew a set of balls, and FIRED WLP. It’s good to know he’s leaving, but remains to be seen if the Board will be changing its’ stripes, or revamping how their selection/nomination/election process goes, and what power they “cede” to the CEO…

There’s some more juxtaposition to further more foot dragging and whining about why someone can’t join the NRA. Join GOA and NSSF and keep the voice subdued for second amendment protection, while you neglect the real recognized organization, weaker due to fractured support of gun rights…

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

I hear ya.

But, the NRA must prove to the rank and file, it’s now a different beast, not the SOS, just with new actors.

IMO, that’s gonna be a tough assignment.

I find it really sad that leftist have to do our housecleaning for us.

NRA needs a board with decision making power, not just a shadow board. Power to hire and fire like most boards. Until then, I doubt we’ll see the reform we desire.

Unfortunate. And I’m an Endowment member. I still get flyers asking me to join. That stuff costs money. That’s pizz poor management and just one example of how we got here. Maybe if they bought a computer, they’d know who their members are.

We’ll see how it goes. An old dude once told me, a pessimist is an optimist with experience. I’d love to be an optimist. But, my NRA experience has gotten in the way.

Let’s hope and pray for a new dawn at HQ. We’re due, actually over due.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Let us wait and see the benefits package and if there is going to continue to be legal fees paid for his personal defense.

I've got a bit of a beef with them over an inheritance they received from a cousin and the NRA refusal to pay a penny of the probate and executor expense despite my cousin's written request that any beneficiary pay their share. The Dallas Theological Seminary did the same.

I got a nice letter from NRA President Cotton the other day offering to help me write my will so it could not be contested. I'll believe the NRA has been cleansed when Wayne doesn't get any more money or support and his lackeys on the board are gone. Latisha James is a piece of dirt but Wayne and his crew gave her the opening to attack.

I have heard that the NRA has already sold the Museum and the NRA gun collection ! WLP could also have a golden parachute.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Let us wait and see the benefits package and if there is going to continue to be legal fees paid for his personal defense.

I've got a bit of a beef with them over an inheritance they received from a cousin and the NRA refusal to pay a penny of the probate and executor expense despite my cousin's written request that any beneficiary pay their share. The Dallas Theological Seminary did the same.

I got a nice letter from NRA President Cotton the other day offering to help me write my will so it could not be contested. I'll believe the NRA has been cleansed when Wayne doesn't get any more money or support and his lackeys on the board are gone. Latisha James is a piece of dirt but Wayne and his crew gave her the opening to attack.
Yeah, buzzards gotta eat. But they go after what’s already dead. Latisha just pecking and jumping back, like a vulture working over some road kill.

Is the NRA just a carcass or is there still life there?

Like the old Wendy’s commercial, “Show me the beef”….

I’d like to see a twitch or something indicating life.

DF

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

And the GOP
Had a great time throwing them off my property. Told them they were no different than the Ds.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Lansend
About time.
This. The guy enriched himself and lived extravagantly on our membership fees and donations.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've said for years not 1 dime till wlp is gone. Now it's not one penny till all those BOD's are gone they facilitated WLP's philandering and out right theft of members dues. They all need to go..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Is there a road back for the NRA, or has too much damage been done and for too long?

DF

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I wouldn't be surprised to see him hired by Bloomburg or the million mom's.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The NRA claimed the charges against them were politically motivated by James, a Democrat, and her office.

Well of course it's a political hit job. One would have to be a complete idiot to think James brought on this lawsuit because of her concern for the well being of the NRA and its members.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As long as the people the Board is supposed to oversee get to choose their lackeys to sit on the Board there will be no reason to take the NRA seriously.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Not true, dingaling.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm an Endowment Member, who hasn't given a single penny in years.
I'll contribute to the NRA again. Until I see more of what happens - it will be limited. I believe the politicians still consider the NRA to be the gorilla in the room.
We NEED to see a house-cleaning of the BOD, but I have NO idea of each individual director's stance/allegiance.
Anyone have a list to peruse?

I will continue to contribute to GOA, however.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Yeah, buzzards gotta eat. But they go after what’s already dead. Latisha just pecking and jumping back, like a vulture working over some road kill.

Is the NRA just a carcass or is there still life there?

Like the old Wendy’s commercial, “Show me the beef”….

I’d like to see a twitch or something indicating life.

DF

Seriously, the NRA is alive and well despite all the negativity that so many people want to keep parroting. This is the governor of the state of Montana and the NRA representative that came while he signed a bill here locally in Belgrade at rifle manufacturing company to protect businesses, that manufacture rifles, and sell firearms from the predators that are trying to shut down guns and gun ownership. I spoke with the NRA rep. He and many like him are active in the field, working hard to protect those rights and the second amendment. It’s time to recognize the NRA does work and is working, Wayne LaPierre is gone, get over it and move forward…

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bobmn
Lemming: The real question is why did it take a Democrat - Letisha- to get the scumbag's nose out of the feeding trough? LaPierre's abuse of the jet and his exorbitant suit allowance has been disclosed for a long time. Why did he have a jet and clothing allowance in the first place? The Board of Directors were completely derelict in their oversight responsibilities for a very long time. Until that is fixed expect more of the same.
it wasn't just that. What they would do is get kick backs from vendors. hire a "marketing" firm, then said marketing firm pays a kickback to wayne. this happened with pretty much all the vendors they used. think 10% for the big guy. pretty simple money laundering and grifting operation. Then appoint or let the NRA BOD share in the spoils and viola its the grift that keeps on giving. that is why they could never get rid of wayne. The people voting on that crooked too!!

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 01/05/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s some more juxtaposition to further more foot dragging and whining about why someone can’t join the NRA. Join GOA and NSSF and keep the voice subdued for second amendment protection, while you neglect the real recognized organization, weaker due to fractured support of gun rights…

The NRA took people like you for granted. They knew that patriotic 2A loving members would feel a sense of duty to remain with them since they were our strongest voice. If they halfway gave a piss about the members that they are supposed to serve, they would have schidt canned WLP a long time ago. They fugged up.

GOA is doing a great job.

https://www.gunowners.org/recent-victories-all-gun-rights-supporters-should-celebrate/

https://www.gunowners.org/na10222020/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/17/pro-gun-owners-america-goa-nra

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Shrap, hope you’re right. I want to believe that.

But most of us need so see the beef, don’t have a lot of faith in platitudes.

The NRA has for sure been the gorilla in the room for decades. And we still need that gorilla. Just hope he’s not been neutered.

DF

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Think how much more time he will now have to go elephant hunting

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Well...he owns it right?

Yep and whatever else is in his contract.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
By golly, now the NRA will be turned around and ship-shape in no time!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is there a road back for the NRA, or has too much damage been done and for too long?

DF

IMO the damage is done and there is no road back.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As an endowment member, I sure hope they are able to clean up their act and get back on track. There's a lot of damage control work needed and it would be nice to see the organization rebuilt into something that we would gladly support.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by plumbum
Reckon he will go if he has to pay? I'm waiting to see what his exit package is and if they can get the board down to a reasonable number of members. It is important to know how much and if we will be paying Wayne in retirement and the biggie is his ongoing legal defense.

I understand how they sold the idea of this huge board that a member had to be recruited and vetted for. They claimed it was a safeguard against a hostile takeover by anti-gunners. Sounds good but boy howdy did they ever use that for looting the treasury with impunity. The attempt by Oliver North to force Wayne out was done I'm sure so that Ollie could latch onto that tit himself. He was in on the stealing himself.

It is enough to make one sick to think what they were doing with hard earned money generously given by a lot of folks that needed the money but fell for the appeal of "we are fighting for your 2nd amendment rights".

T
T

My actions as well. Chris

"Because in the wind he is still alive!"
"Success comes before work only in the dictionary!"
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
HOT DAMN WOOPIEE NOW GIT RID OF HIS HANDPICKED BOARD OF DIRECTORS

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
HOT DAMN WOOPIEE NOW GIT RID OF HIS HANDPICKED BOARD OF DIRECTORS

^^^This!!!^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

This.

Wayne LaPierre is NOT the problem with the NRA.

The very last straw for me was several years ago with the NRA's infamous official statement about the Texas Open Carry movement..... and then I began to look back and see how the NRA had their hand in writing so many gun control "laws". Fyuk the NRA.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I've said for years not 1 dime till wlp is gone. Now it's not one penny till all those BOD's are gone they facilitated WLP's philandering and out right theft of members dues. They all need to go..mb

Moving the goal posts. LOL!

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Reckon he will go if he has to pay? I'm waiting to see what his exit package is and if they can get the board down to a reasonable number of members. It is important to know how much and if we will be paying Wayne in retirement and the biggie is his ongoing legal defense.

I understand how they sold the idea of this huge board that a member had to be recruited and vetted for. They claimed it was a safeguard against a hostile takeover by anti-gunners. Sounds good but boy howdy did they ever use that for looting the treasury with impunity. The attempt by Oliver North to force Wayne out was done I'm sure so that Ollie could latch onto that tit himself. He was in on the stealing himself.

It is enough to make one sick to think what they were doing with hard earned money generously given by a lot of folks that needed the money but fell for the appeal of "we are fighting for your 2nd amendment rights".

I'm guessing you have not seen the video....

Last edited by plumbum; 01/05/24.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but he's leaving with a 17 Million Dollar golden parachute, arranged by him well in advance of his departure, all funded by member donations and dues.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's a piece of schit. He's always been a piece of schit.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but he's leaving with a 17 Million Dollar golden parachute, arranged by him well in advance of his departure, all funded by member donations and dues.

And?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If we can force the NRA into bankruptcy any debt owed to Wayne LaPierre very well might be done away with. Then one of the other organizations can move up to take the NRA's former position as the premier gun owners rights outfit.

And Wayne won't get paid.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

And?
15 minutes passed. He is probably thinking about body builders now , Brother.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ABOUT TIME!

I was a member for a few years, way back when in the early 90's. I stopped after I was enlightened by some people in the know about the inner workings of the NRA. Support stopped immediately. I have not seen anything in the past 30 years to change my mind about giving the NRA any of my money.

It is not so hard to send an email to South Dakota's lone Congressman and two Senators letting them know what I think about any pending legislation.

Arcus Venator
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm glad to see him gone. I'm a Life Member but haven't given them much in recent years. Most of my donations go to Second Amendment Foundation and GOA which seem to be more on top of the key issues.

Still, the NRA has a lot of influence in Congress, so I hope they start to get the organization back on a better track.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ive been refusing the Midway Roundup....and telling them that...because of LaPierre

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Yes, I had seen that before now. Two things I would have trouble calling hunting are Elephants and Bison. Just as well shoot a tame Hereford steer as a bison on one of those bison ranches.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

DF

I'm with you guys...nobody knows how deep the rot is...burn it down, auction the assets. I'd like to see a coalition of GOA and 2 A Foundation...unity is power when your number one mission is buying politicians.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke

DF

I'm with you guys...nobody knows how deep the rot is...burn it down, auction the assets. I'd like to see a coalition of GOA and 2 A Foundation...unity is power when your number one mission is buying politicians.

If possible I’d like to see the NRA name sold off in bankruptcy similar to how Remington and other brands have done. Let a new organization buy the rights to the brand and whatever infrastructure is left and rebuild from the ground up. There’s still some value in the name and brand recognition to the general public but as currently structured the NRA is dead.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You guys are nuts.

Maybe you would be happy if Sally Struthers was running it?

Maybe someday UNICEF will get into the gun lobby business.......

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Many have mentioned the board being at fault. Remember when Oliver North made an attempt to do something about the problems that were ongoing? If I remember he wanted LaPierre to resign then but the board came to the rescue and it was North that left. The board is as much at fault it seems. Wish we had the effective organization it once was. Joined in 1979 and am a Life Member.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Many have mentioned the board being at fault. Remember when Oliver North made an attempt to do something about the problems that were ongoing? If I remember he wanted LaPierre to resign then but the board came to the rescue and it was North that left. The board is as much at fault it seems. Wish we had the effective organization it once was. Joined in 1979 and am a Life Member.
Oliver North was not the good guy in this.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hope that others that helped him do his damage are going out the door as well.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Oliver North was not the good guy in this.
Don’t remember what all Ollie was up to. But seems I recall Pete Brownell couldn’t get back to Montezuma Iowa fast enough. He bailed. So something spooked him. We never got the skinny on what was going down.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So few here understand the way stopping anti gun legislation actually works.

WLP really damaged the NRA but the NRA still brought NYSRPA to SCOTUS.

A huge win.

The cases in Cali are NRA through CRPA.

What most don't know is that the NSSF has radically stepped up their lobbying and been really effective.

The Colorado AW ban was stopped by NSSF.

The NRA is still effective in spite of WLP. His leaving will hopefully make the NRA better.

That said quite a few other 2A organizations are doing good work, but the NRA is still making good things happen.

Get involved. Get informed.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Count me among the many life members who stopped donating to the NRA when I became aware of Wayne's shenanigans. I then started donating to other 2nd amendment supporting organizations that seemed more in line with my philosophy.

I'd also like to see a thorough house cleaning done of those who permitted / supported his actions.

I'm not in favor of burning it down so billionaires can buy it and use it to promote gun control.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You guys are nuts.

Maybe you would be happy if Sally Struthers was running it?

Maybe someday UNICEF will get into the gun lobby business.......

I know that’s right.

Coz they damn sure suck at running an impound and storage lot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
NRA has compromised our rights straight into the sewer and the board has supported and defended wlp. Hope they liked the taste of his dick.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 86thecat
NRA has compromised our righrs right into the sewer and the board has supported and defended wlp. Hope they liked the taste of his dick.

The NRA was very involved in forcing your Governor enact a FIND act type excutive order.

South Dakota has a lot of major Banks headquartered there. Kristi tried to skate. NSSF and NRA pinned her down.

The NRA was a part of making her do the right thing.

WLP was a cancer but the NRA still did some very good things.

Throwing the baby out with WLPs bath water is not the smart play.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
NRA has played both sides of the game for decades and done as much harm as good. They are great at claiming victory for other groups work tho.
https://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm

Last edited by 86thecat; 01/05/24.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Once you destroy the trust that’s been placed in you or the organization you represent you will have an uphill battle ever regaining it. There were a lot of us that were NRA members because they were about the only “game in town” that had any success in the preservation of our 2A rights. GOA and the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) have filled the vacuum left by the NRA while they focus on their internal problems and they’ve done a fantastic job.

The NRA was falling out of favor with staunch 2A supporters since well before WLP was found out to be a self-serving dumbfuck. It’s no secret that “we” were getting sick and tired of the NRA and their willingness to “compromise” away our INALIENABLE right to keep and bear arms! The NRA was a luke-warm supporter of our 2A at best.

For ANYONE to frame this issue as WE OWE THE NRA OUR LOYALTY….well here’s my NRA loyalty, 🖕🖕. 😂

The NRA OWES US …. We don’t owe them sh.it!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 22250rem
As an endowment member, I sure hope they are able to clean up their act and get back on track. There's a lot of damage control work needed and it would be nice to see the organization rebuilt into something that we would gladly support.

I'm with this. Not to long after LaPierre took over I left the NRA. Don't have one good thing to say about him!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I remember when I first heard about him. There was an NRA section being run by the Editor of Rifle and Handloader Magazine I liked really well and LaPierre got him gone. No idea why, shoot can't even remember his name. But I do remember thinking what an azz LaPierre was at that time and dropped the NRA because of it. Haven't liked a thing LaPierre has ever done since! He always appeared to me to be a sleeze ball. The Editor from Handloader I recall back them, seemed quite a guy. I recall writing several letter's to him back then and getting back what I thought were very honest letters. Seems to me I heard he died a long time ago! Really liked him! Hope someone here remembers his name!

Last edited by DonFischer; 01/05/24.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Second Amendment Foundation is who files lawsuits and sues those who violate out 2A rights.

https://saf.org/red-flag-law/

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/05/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
the NRA needs to throw out everybody that is connected to LaPierre. then maybe i will give them some money. maybe.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Neal knox?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
They oughta get burns to replace him. He's a great salesman, and knows how to appeal to people's better nature.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
For ANYONE to frame this issue as WE OWE THE NRA OUR LOYALTY….well here’s my NRA loyalty, 🖕🖕. 😂

The NRA OWES US …. We don’t owe them sh.it!

My thoughts exactly. They took our loyalty for granted, and they did it for far too long. They owe all of their members an apology and a deep house cleaning.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Neal knox?
I read a couple of his books back in the 1980s on gun control. Unless it was someone with a similar sounding name.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I guess we need to add the NRA to Leupold on the Campfire for poor recognition of what it is capable of…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess we need to add the NRA to Leupold on the Campfire for poor recognition of what it is capable of…

Ironically enough, there are quite a few parallels between the brands.

Both were at one time very well trusted, respected and effective. Not the only game in town, but the biggest by far.

Both rested on their laurels and took their customers for granted.

Both ignored their customer's pleas to improve. To the point that they had a condescending attitude toward their customers.

Both have lost substantial market share, influence, respect and the trust of their customers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wayne was a part of a clique that considered Knox to be too much of a hardliner. They gradually became the paper tiger of today. I've wondered what role,if any, Wayne played in the attempt to move the headquarters out of DC. Maybe he'll write a tell all memoir.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

^this

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

According to Wiki he’s 74 years old, no mention of kids. WTF is he gonna do with 17 million dollars, put it in his casket?

A guy who has done as much to damage the 2A as anyone 😡

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good riddance to WLP the arrogant thieving p rick !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Should have happened 10 years ago! It's a good start but it won't matter if the next in line is similar to Wayne. A lot of the board needs to go too.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Jeff Knox, son of Neal Knox has written some good historical information about the NRA. They ousted Neal I think in 1977 and put Charlton Heston in his place. like many huge corporate enterprises there is infighting for control and laPierre took advantage of his position to build a coalition but he managed to run the great organization into the ground. Power and money corrupt just about everything and the NRA is no exception.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by 86thecat
NRA has compromised our righrs right into the sewer and the board has supported and defended wlp. Hope they liked the taste of his dick.

The NRA was very involved in forcing your Governor enact a FIND act type excutive order.

South Dakota has a lot of major Banks headquartered there. Kristi tried to skate. NSSF and NRA pinned her down.

The NRA was a part of making her do the right thing.

WLP was a cancer but the NRA still did some very good things.

Throwing the baby out with WLPs bath water is not the smart play.

The Bolsheviks played this one beautifully. They are driving a wedge between gun owners and the most powerful 2a lobby in the US.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.ammoland.com/2024/01/wayne-lapierre-resigning-national-rifle-association-now-what/

Ammoland Inc. Posted on January 5, 2024 by Jeff Knox

With LaPierre’s announced retirement, speculation is leaning toward a possible settlement agreement with NY AG. While that might be someone’s hope, it seems highly unlikely that either the NY AG or the judge would go for a settlement at this stage.

The AG’s office expressed surprise over the move but said they intend to continue pursuing the case as before and that LaPierre’s announced resignation would not impact their prosecution.

AG James hates the NRA as much as she hates Donald Trump and wants to see both buried. Her staff has put together a very solid case that’s cost a lot of time and money. It’s hard to imagine her letting the NRA off the hook at this point. The judge in the case has expressed concern for the NRA members. I don’t think he would allow any settlement that didn’t include substantial reorganization of the Association, including removal of a number of officers and executives and hopefully a total revamp of the NRA Board.

The Board remained in executive Session for several hours after LaPierre’s resignation announcement, presumably being briefed on the Association’s legal strategy going forward and probably being lectured about the importance of staying the course, remaining unified, and keeping Bill Brewer – the $2 million per month attorney that’s been running the show for the past five years – in control of legal strategy.

LaPierre’s resignation has been in the works for at least a month, as that’s when LaPierre fired Joe DeBergalis as Executive Director of General Operations and replaced him with Andrew Arulanandam. That move makes it clear that Arulanandam was hand-picked by LaPierre and Brewer to take over as EVP and CEO, which is a very good reason for NRA members to be very skeptical about him.

It’s also important to note that LaPierre remains in office for now. He could have stepped down effective immediately but instead chose to retain control until the end of the month, which includes most, if not all, of the jury phase of the trial in the NY suit.

The official NRA press release announcing LaPierre’s intention to resign included the announcement that he will be replaced by Andrew Arulanandam.

That’s not the way this is supposed to work. According to the NRA Bylaws, the Executive Director of NRA General Operations is supposed to step up in the case of a vacancy in the office of EVP, but that’s only if the vacancy occurs unexpectedly between Board meetings. It is the responsibility of the NRA Board, not the EVP, to select a replacement for a departing EVP. The press release makes it clear that LaPierre fully expected the Board to rubber-stamp his choice, which they probably did, again demonstrating the ineffectiveness of the 76-member Board.

Where things go from here is anyone’s guess. The trial is scheduled to start on Monday, January 8th, 2024. The NY AG has a rock-solid case. The Manhattan jury is unlikely to be at all sympathetic to the NRA or its “leaders.” The judge appears to be pretty fed-up with Brewer’s round-robin motions and delaying tactics and frustrated with the lack of clear representation for rank-and-file NRA members.

Taking all of that into account, I think it’s likely that the AG’s office will continue to pursue the case diligently, and the jury will “convict” on every complaint and point the AG brings. The judge will insist on a major overhaul of the Association, hopefully including removing all of the officers, if not dissolution of the entire Board, and clawing back LaPierre’s golden parachute. I think all of this will happen regardless of what the NRA does or tries to do. That’s just my best guess, though.

For now, it’s on to New York and the trial.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm a life member but haven't given them a dime in many years. This is a good first step to regaining trust, but the board has to go as well.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
The following is from the trace - a Bloomberg funded anti rights group so take it for what it's worth...

Dear Reader,

It was 2017, and Wayne LaPierre and the National Rifle Association appeared invincible. After spending over $30 million — more than any other outside group — to help secure Donald Trump’s surprise presidential victory, LaPierre, the organization’s longtime chief executive, enjoyed direct access to the White House. But that wasn’t the whole story. Out of view, LaPierre and other NRA insiders were using the organization’s funds to enrich themselves via a web of transactions designed to avoid scrutiny. Their self-dealing was a well-kept secret — until Trace senior writer Mike Spies started digging.

It would take Mike another two years of dogged reporting and scrupulous fact-checking to complete his investigation, which in turn sparked the legal case against LaPierre and the NRA that the State of New York is set to bring to trial on January 8. Whatever happens in the courtroom, the NRA is already a shell of its former self, hemorrhaging members while racking up attorneys’ fees, and its CEO has lost his once-inexorable grip on power. On Friday, the NRA announced that LaPierre is stepping down.

https://www.thetrace.org/2019/04/nra-financial-misconduct-ackerman-mcqueen/?utm_source=The+Trace+mailing+list&utm_campaign=1cc893f0ca-trace_nratrial1_jan_06_2024&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-1cc893f0ca-%5BLIST_EMAIL_ID%5D

Last edited by Rangersedge; 01/06/24.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Same here, NRA required membership if the club was to hold sanctioned matches. No choice was allowed. Was thinking about giving up my membership this year after some 25 years, and another 5 just to get it.

Phil

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Last edited by BOBBALEE; 01/06/24.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it hasn't occurred to anyone until now, if the bloated board isn't replaced with something resembling a truly representative body for the rank and file members, then is Lapierre really gone? As in Biden, WLP can easily pull strings behind the curtain with all this hand picked appointees on this ridiculous board he has set up. If the court doesn't dissolve this board and demand some sort of representative board who answer to the dues paying members, this trial will be a failure and the NRA will be doomed. If they can return to the representative organization with their objectives intact as before this greedy bunch of grifters took over they may have an opportunity to survive and return to being the power they were at one time. In the long run, this lawsuit may be a good thing for the organization as a whole if WLP is duly punished and his legacy of a controlling board entity is dissolved. He should also be liable for huge fines payable to the organization for his disrespect and misuse of funds over the many years, but that may be a pipe dream as any fines the court would decree would be payable to the government and the general membership would need to file a separate case to recover funds that were used for WLP's and the board's lavish lifestyle....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Rangersedge
The following is from the trace - a Bloomberg funded anti rights group so take it for what it's worth...

Dear Reader,

It was 2017, and Wayne LaPierre and the National Rifle Association appeared invincible. After spending over $30 million — more than any other outside group — to help secure Donald Trump’s surprise presidential victory, LaPierre, the organization’s longtime chief executive, enjoyed direct access to the White House. But that wasn’t the whole story. Out of view, LaPierre and other NRA insiders were using the organization’s funds to enrich themselves via a web of transactions designed to avoid scrutiny. Their self-dealing was a well-kept secret — until Trace senior writer Mike Spies started digging.

It would take Mike another two years of dogged reporting and scrupulous fact-checking to complete his investigation, which in turn sparked the legal case against LaPierre and the NRA that the State of New York is set to bring to trial on January 8. Whatever happens in the courtroom, the NRA is already a shell of its former self, hemorrhaging members while racking up attorneys’ fees, and its CEO has lost his once-inexorable grip on power. On Friday, the NRA announced that LaPierre is stepping down.

https://www.thetrace.org/2019/04/nra-financial-misconduct-ackerman-mcqueen/?utm_source=The+Trace+mailing+list&utm_campaign=1cc893f0ca-trace_nratrial1_jan_06_2024&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-1cc893f0ca-%5BLIST_EMAIL_ID%5D

30 million dollars the NRA spent on Donald Trumps 2016 presidential run. For comparison the GOAs total revenue for that year was 2.25 million. The NRA needs an overhaul no doubt. Should they go down, these other 2a groups don't have the financial muscle to fight off anti 2nd A groups. With a 2 million revenue stream, Michael Bloomberg can bankrupt the GOA with his pocket money.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
About time.

Crooked SOB.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85
The Bolsheviks played this one beautifully. They are driving a wedge between gun owners and the most powerful 2a lobby in the US.
Lapierre gave them the hammer and provided the wedge.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
wayne like those on the fake right are grifters who believe in nothing but money and power like limbaugh hannity levin prager shapiro etc

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
wayne like those on the fake right are grifters who believe in nothing but money and power like limbaugh hannity levin prager shapiro etc

Then there is you, without money, power or brains…

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Pat85
Lapierre gave them the hammer and provided the wedge.

It's all good. Letitia James will make sure the NRA will never misuse our donations again. lol

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Who was that dude from California that was a big time crony of Wayne Lapierre? He was a man of bad reputation and even worse behavior. Had some spousal abuse stuff going on. I Can't remember his name. Wayne's big supporter Todd Rathner from Arizona jumped ship a while back.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No more Pepé Le Pew !!! Yahoo !!!

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
"30 million dollars the NRA spent on Donald Trumps 2016 presidential run. For comparison the GOAs total revenue for that year was 2.25 million. The NRA needs an overhaul no doubt. Should they go down, these other 2a groups don't have the financial muscle to fight off anti 2nd A groups. With a 2 million revenue stream, Michael Bloomberg can bankrupt the GOA with his pocket money"

Exactly! Where would we be with SCOTUS right now if the NRA hadn't spent $30 on Trump and Hillary appointed liberal antigun SCOTUS justices? We need the NRA; but we need it ran well with the sole purpose of furthering the second amendment rights by education, training, coalition building, lobbying, and etc. Instead of blasting it, we should now be focused on how to build it into the organization we want it to be.

Last edited by Rangersedge; 01/06/24.
My thoughts exactly.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

You gave the Schitbag way to much credit.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And by profession and education, La Pierre was originally a school teacher from Roanoke VA.

Only a matter of time... Good Bye Second Amendment.

and why did they have to give him $17 million, to sweep his azz out the back door?

Shouldn't have cost the NRA a red cent to put him out to pasture...

Maybe they should have just paid Dick Cheney to take him out on a bird hunt for the weekend.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by BFaucett
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Ha!

Now, if that doesn't sum it up, don't know what does.

Thanks for sharing.

With your permission, I'm gonna copy that to my photos and spread it around.

DF

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
WLP was a grifter who distracted you in order to rob you. The David Copperfield of 2A.

I left the organization 10 years ago and vowed NO MORE $$ until Wayne is gone. Knowing more now than I did 10 years ago, no more $$ wasted on NRA. GOA!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2 little 2 late unfortunately.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
2 little 2 late unfortunately.
My concern as well.

Those who let it go this far, are indirectly just as guilty.

I wish those who bailed, who left the board, would have spilled the beans. They knew a lot more than they said.

What kinda “gris gris” did WLP have on those guys and gals.

Makes one wonder what was really going on under the radar.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Looks like the PH just about painted an “X” on that dying elephant and our fearless leader missed it three times at what looks like 30 feet. They even made him take seated shots and someone else had to finish the poor beast.

Yeah.

DF

What was Tony Makris involvement financially with the NRA other than the outdoor TV show? Supposedly either the NRA or WLP owes him a bunch of money,

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 340fan
What was Tony Makris involvement financially with the NRA other than the outdoor TV show? Supposedly either the NRA or WLP owes him a bunch of money,
Hope lots of that otherwise hidden info will trickle out.

Drain the swamp applies here as well as the Fed Govt.

DF

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
He found a good racket for 30 years. 3 squares a day and bubba may be in his future. Don’t drop the soap in the shower Wayne.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by abbydog
He found a good racket for 30 years. 3 squares a day and bubba may be in his future. Don’t drop the soap in the shower Wayne.
He had both feet in the trough.

Pigs get fed, hogs get butchered.

Hope WLP gets to be close buds with big Bubba in the big house.

He rode that (our) horse in the ground. And I still want to know how and why that was allowed to go on so long. WLP didn’t do all this in a vacuum. We need more info and more consequences. Those coconspirators need to join Wayne where he’s going.

DF

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am a Life member of the NRA since high school. I went to my first annual meeting last year in Indianapolis. I registered to vote at the annual meeting. I have submitted my written ballot for Directors for many years.

Of over 3,000,000 members, only about 100 bothered to get credentialed to vote at the annual meeting from what I observed. Of the approximately 100 who voted, about 15-20 opposed the policies advocated by President Cotton who is a crony of La Pierre. I was one of that group.

Whenever one of our small group opposed to the proposed NRA policies attempted to speak about the issues, we were shouted down or not recognized by the chair (Pres).

As a result only what the board and Wayne wanted were given the light of day.

This is the result of apathy on the part of members (me included) who failed to get involved when the problems surfaced years ago.

Kudos to Neal Knox and his son Jeff who have been trying to call attention to the problems within the NRA for years with little success due to the stranglehold Wayne and his cronies had on the organization.

Shame on you if you were a member and did nothing to fix the problem when it surfaced years ago. I am guilty and only realized it within the last few years. This organization could still be a great asset but needs members to get involved rather than sit on the sidelines and complain after the fact.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Ha!

Now, if that doesn't sum it up, don't know what does.

Thanks for sharing.

With your permission, I'm gonna copy that to my photos and spread it around.

DF

You're welcome! Have at it! [Linked Image from cloudynights.com]

Frankly, IMHO, the NRA has thought of its members as being a bunch of rubes to be fleeced for a long time.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Has anyone ever noticed that LaPierre can be tranlated as "The Peter"? (Although "la" is used with a feminine word.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by rflshtr
I am a Life member of the NRA since high school. I went to my first annual meeting last year in Indianapolis. I registered to vote at the annual meeting. I have submitted my written ballot for Directors for many years.

Of over 3,000,000 members, only about 100 bothered to get credentialed to vote at the annual meeting from what I observed. Of the approximately 100 who voted, about 15-20 opposed the policies advocated by President Cotton who is a crony of La Pierre. I was one of that group.

Whenever one of our small group opposed to the proposed NRA policies attempted to speak about the issues, we were shouted down or not recognized by the chair (Pres).

This is the result of apathy on the part of members (me included) who failed to get involved when the problems surfaced years ago.

Kudos to Neal Knox and his son Jeff who have been trying to call attention to the problems within the NRA for years with little success due to the stranglehold Wayne and his cronies had on the organization.

Shame on you if you were a member and did nothing to fix the problem when it surfaced years ago. I am guilty and only realized it within the last few years. This organization could still be a great asset but needs members to get involved rather than sit on the sidelines and complain after the fact.
Wouldn’t there need to be a total restructure of the organization, replacing top down board governance with a bottom up scenario?

Looks to me as long as the bureaucracy rules and controls the board, why have a board. Window dressing? The good guys got out. Cronies stayed. But if someone blew the whistle, it got shut down. Sounds sorta like out current Fed govt.

I’m not sure what the answer is. We need a powerful 2A force, not sure the NRA is still in that category.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This points to the heart of the issue. The organization has become about the BOD and WLP, with the will of the membership not given consideration. It has been made very clear over the past 4-5 years that the members do not approve of the job WLP has been doing.

Buttfugk the NRA.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

This points to the heart of the issue. The organization has become about the BOD and WLP, with the will of the membership not given consideration. It has been made very clear over the past 4-5 years that the members do not approve of the job WLP has been doing.

Buttfugk the NRA.
How was the rank and file to do anything with the choke hold the BOD and WLP had on the purse strings and the publications?

Maybe all this had to happen to clean house. Latisha with all her angst and vile may actually be doing us a favor. Previous efforts by members have been largely ignored, swept under the rug. Don't think they can ignore what's coming down the pike. Latisha's sorta big to sweep under the rug. She'd leave a good sized lump.....!

Hope there's a house left when the dust settles.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Buttfugk the NRA.
How was the rank and file to do anything with the choke hold the BOD and WLP had on the purse strings and the publications?

Maybe all this had to happen to clean house. Latisha with all her angst and vile may actually be doing us a favor. Previous efforts by members have been largely ignored, swept under the rug. Don't think they can ignore what's coming down the pike. Latisha's sorta big to sweep under the rug. She'd leave a good sized lump.....!

DF

I would imagine that the NRA heard directly from members thousands of times that they were done until WLP was gone. They heard it from me 3 different times. I have heard from others who have communicated the same thing. Beyond that, if they had cared to take the pulse of their members, they would have known that. If they had cared to question why they were losing membership and GOA was gaining, they would have known that.

The bottom line is they thought they were too big and too important to have to listen to their members. They FAFOd. Fugk 'em.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Buttfugk the NRA.

DF

I would imagine that the NRA heard directly from members thousands of times that they were done until WLP was gone. They heard it from me 3 different times. I have heard from others who have communicated the same thing. Beyond that, if they had cared to take the pulse of their members, they would have known that. If they had cared to question why they were losing membership and GOA was gaining, they would have known that.

The bottom line is they thought they were too big and too important to have to listen to their members. They FAFOd. Fugk 'em.
How many fund raising calls to guys like us, were answered with a "Call me when WLP is history". I know they had to have heard that hundreds, thousands of times. When the money starts drying up, that gets their attention.

But, seems they kept the wagons circling until Latisha went after them. They failed to file for bankruptcy in TX, had to face the NY music.

Can't say I feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for the 2A rank and file who have been supporting them all these years. Lot of us shut off the money spigot some years back. I hear and see that a lot.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WLP and his crony's really never gave a chit about the rank and file. That is perfectly clear in hindsight. This became their personal piggy bank and playground for lifestyles of the rich and shameless. I am a die hard patriot and was a long time NRA fan and member until the STEALING came to light and that really bothered me. I will not support the NRA until it is revamped top to bottom and HOPEFULLY WLP AND HIS CHIT TARDS GO TO THE GREYBAR RESORT.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Wayne was not the problem. The NRA Board (Directors) is the problem.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,763
Posts18,515,282
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.