Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Like democrats on their way to Canada when Trump won in 2016, so are the loudest NRA whiners that denounced their membership because of WL.

Now that he’s gone, it will be interesting to see just how many of those whiners rejoin the NRA to give it the emphasis and power they need to fight all this anti-gun legislation…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Like democrats on their way to Canada when Trump won in 2016, so are the loudest NRA whiners that denounced their membership because of WL.

Now that he’s gone, it will be interesting to see just how many of those whiners rejoin the NRA to give it the emphasis and power they need to fight all this anti-gun legislation…

While I understand what you’re saying, the truth is, that is really the ONLY power that members HAVE. WLP could only be kicked out by the BOARD, and you couldn’t get ON the Board unless the BOARD nominated you. It was completely closed off to any REAL dissent.

A member couldn’t just run for a Board seat on their own, or nominate someone else. Other than whining and withholding money, members had no real “say” in what was going on. You only get to vote for who THEY say you can vote for.

I say this as a Benefactor Life Member, who hasn’t donated any money in 5 plus years.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

Yep ^^^^^^^

Guys on this forum and most others have stated that they would not give another penny to the NRA until LaPierre was gone. Well he is going to be gone so let's see who is going to man up and who is going to continue to whine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
10 years too late...

The NRA will never see another penny from me.

At this point not sure if the NRA will ever recover.

Didn't I read a couple of years back that the NRA Museum is falling in on itself?? Needs a multi-million $$ renovation???

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wayne and the BOD ruined a once great organization. https://www.citizensforethics.org/r...enue-in-freefall-as-member-dues-plummet/

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It was the WLP fiasco that motivated me to join the GOA.
I won't rule out rejoining the NRA sometime, but I'm gonna wait and see what develops from this.
I'd feel like a hypocrite not to, since I said I would rejoin once Wayne was gone.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by JeffyD
I won't rule out rejoining the NRA sometime, but I'm gonna wait and see what develops from this.
I'd feel like a hypocrite not to, since I said I would rejoin once Wayne was gone.

Well, I think most folks’ were implying they’d rejoin IF the BOARD grew a set of balls, and FIRED WLP. It’s good to know he’s leaving, but remains to be seen if the Board will be changing its’ stripes, or revamping how their selection/nomination/election process goes, and what power they “cede” to the CEO…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"According to the NRA release, Andrew Arulanandam, head of general operations for the association, will serve as interim CEO and executive vice president of the organization."

Never heard of him. But, I let my NRA membership lapse a long time ago.

Last edited by gonehuntin; 01/05/24.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VaHunter

Yep ^^^^^^^

Guys on this forum and most others have stated that they would not give another penny to the NRA until LaPierre was gone. Well he is going to be gone so let's see who is going to man up and who is going to continue to whine.

Not another cent to the NRA ever !
"Shall not be Infringed" ! Was never their mission statement.
Started with great intentions, turned into money scamming dog and pony show.

GOA and VCDL, until they lose my trust and confidence.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Let's give him a 21 gun salute for finally doing the right thing- - - - -with a blindfold and live ammo!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by JeffyD

Well, I think most folks’ were implying they’d rejoin IF the BOARD grew a set of balls, and FIRED WLP. It’s good to know he’s leaving, but remains to be seen if the Board will be changing its’ stripes, or revamping how their selection/nomination/election process goes, and what power they “cede” to the CEO…

There’s some more juxtaposition to further more foot dragging and whining about why someone can’t join the NRA. Join GOA and NSSF and keep the voice subdued for second amendment protection, while you neglect the real recognized organization, weaker due to fractured support of gun rights…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

I hear ya.

But, the NRA must prove to the rank and file, it’s now a different beast, not the SOS, just with new actors.

IMO, that’s gonna be a tough assignment.

I find it really sad that leftist have to do our housecleaning for us.

NRA needs a board with decision making power, not just a shadow board. Power to hire and fire like most boards. Until then, I doubt we’ll see the reform we desire.

Unfortunate. And I’m an Endowment member. I still get flyers asking me to join. That stuff costs money. That’s pizz poor management and just one example of how we got here. Maybe if they bought a computer, they’d know who their members are.

We’ll see how it goes. An old dude once told me, a pessimist is an optimist with experience. I’d love to be an optimist. But, my NRA experience has gotten in the way.

Let’s hope and pray for a new dawn at HQ. We’re due, actually over due.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let us wait and see the benefits package and if there is going to continue to be legal fees paid for his personal defense.

I've got a bit of a beef with them over an inheritance they received from a cousin and the NRA refusal to pay a penny of the probate and executor expense despite my cousin's written request that any beneficiary pay their share. The Dallas Theological Seminary did the same.

I got a nice letter from NRA President Cotton the other day offering to help me write my will so it could not be contested. I'll believe the NRA has been cleansed when Wayne doesn't get any more money or support and his lackeys on the board are gone. Latisha James is a piece of dirt but Wayne and his crew gave her the opening to attack.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I have heard that the NRA has already sold the Museum and the NRA gun collection ! WLP could also have a golden parachute.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Hastings
Let us wait and see the benefits package and if there is going to continue to be legal fees paid for his personal defense.

I've got a bit of a beef with them over an inheritance they received from a cousin and the NRA refusal to pay a penny of the probate and executor expense despite my cousin's written request that any beneficiary pay their share. The Dallas Theological Seminary did the same.

I got a nice letter from NRA President Cotton the other day offering to help me write my will so it could not be contested. I'll believe the NRA has been cleansed when Wayne doesn't get any more money or support and his lackeys on the board are gone. Latisha James is a piece of dirt but Wayne and his crew gave her the opening to attack.
Yeah, buzzards gotta eat. But they go after what’s already dead. Latisha just pecking and jumping back, like a vulture working over some road kill.

Is the NRA just a carcass or is there still life there?

Like the old Wendy’s commercial, “Show me the beef”….

I’d like to see a twitch or something indicating life.

DF

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by goalie
A decade too late to save the NRA from itself. I'm a life member that hasn't given another penny in years.

And the GOP
Had a great time throwing them off my property. Told them they were no different than the Ds.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Lansend
About time.
This. The guy enriched himself and lived extravagantly on our membership fees and donations.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've said for years not 1 dime till wlp is gone. Now it's not one penny till all those BOD's are gone they facilitated WLP's philandering and out right theft of members dues. They all need to go..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Is there a road back for the NRA, or has too much damage been done and for too long?

DF

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I wouldn't be surprised to see him hired by Bloomburg or the million mom's.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, Anaconda, 450yukon, 10 invisible), 1,044 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,379
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.