Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by Valsdad
And then there was that dang Mrs. Doubtfire movie.

To a lesser degree yes.

You’re from CA. You think you’re based. You’re all in on leftist ideology without realizing it. How’s that 10 day waiting period to buy a gun on the CA approved firearm purchase list working for you?
A: you know nothing about where I'm from. Presently living in Cali, yes. But, where have I lived and worked for large portions of my adult life? As a child I had no control where I was birthed or resided, neither does any other human I know of.

B: you have only supposition to guide you as to what ideology I'm "all in on". Just an FYI, I'm kind of a free thinker and make every attempt to base my thinking and decisions on what I see as evidence, not because someone else told me what to think or do. A little libertarian leaning in my politics but smart enough to vote R whether or not I like the candidate, if for no other reason than to offset a D vote and because they tend to show some support for the 2A.

C: did you mean to say I'm biased? I'm not sure about what you mean when you say I think I'm "based" . Is that Michigan speak? Could you clarify perhaps?

D:The 10 day waiting period, and all the other multitude of ineffective firearm laws have never worked for their supposed purposes. In Cali or any other State or Commonwealth I've run across. By the way, how's Gretchen and her minions working out for you folks? Y'all have some new stuff to deal with soon, if not already.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...igan-laws-that-will-take-effect-in-2024/

Here’s what’s taking effect:

Firearm storage laws: People in Michigan will now be required to keep a firearm stored or left unattended on a premises unloaded and locked, either with a locking device or stored in a locked container, if it is “reasonably known that a minor is or is likely to be present on the premises.” There are a range of penalties for violating this requirement. (Bills: Senate Bill 79, Senate Bill 80)
Gun safety devices: The costs of gun safety devices will be lowered in an effort to allow easier access to materials needed to safely store firearms. (Bills: Senate Bill 81, Senate Bill 82)
Background checks: Background checks related to firearm purchases will now expand to all firearm purchases, from handguns to long guns. Previously, universal background checks were only required when purchasing a handgun in Michigan. (Bills: House Bill 4138, House Bill 4142)
Red flag laws: Several bills were passed in Michigan to establish extreme risk protection order laws, also known as red flag laws. Red flag laws are designed to help prevent a person in distress or crisis from using a firearm to inflict damage on themself or others. The laws don’t seek to take firearms away from gun owners who aren’t dangerous or in distress. Click here to learn more about how red flag laws work. (Bills: Senate Bill 83, House Bill 4146, House Bill 4147, House Bill 4148, House Bill 4145 (was not approved))
Domestic violence regulations: In November, Gov. Whitmer signed legislation that prohibits individuals convicted of a misdemeanor related to domestic violence from possessing firearms for at least an eight-year-period. Existing Michigan law only prohibited those convicted of felony domestic violence from possessing firearms. (Bills: Senate Bill 471, Senate Bill 528, House Bill 4945)

Point A: I was giving you credit for having been born CA rather than choosing to move to CA.

B: A libertarian that never misses a chance to bash Trump but blindly votes Republican.

C: You don’t understand the definition…

D: Gretchen is a POS but if we can say anything about her it’s that at least she isn’t Newsom and that we don’t have a fraction of the laws that you have.

No doubt that there are good honest and aware Constitutionalist in CA. It’s just that you are not one of them.

And how did you determine I am not an "aware Constitutionalist".

please, present evidence.

The Donald, who I sometime bash, like I tend to do to all politicians, did a pretty good job overall. I do not blindly vote R. My eyes have been wide open for decades that any other vote would lead to consequences I could not tolerate being a part of. Based has multiple definitions. Gretchen isn't Gavin for sure, just wait until she is his running mate or a member of his Cabinet should he be elected. Or perhaps he will run as her VP.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One time I invited a rather geeky black guy (think Urkel) from school to go with us one night. Wyatt was incredibly smart and had been a "brain" ever since we were in grade school. In high school he started to loosen up a bit and I invited him to go to Rocky Horror one night without telling him what to expect. He had no clue and just thought it was a horror movie. I told the other three guys to hide their "ammunition" until we got in the theater. As we found our seats Wyatt noticed the growing crowd was getting wild and started asking questions. I said "Just wait". When the movie started and festivities got going he just sat there with a stunned look on his face. Eventually, he grabbed one of my squirt bottles and a handful of rice and joined in. By the end of the night he was "all in" and having the time of his life. Afterwards,he said "Can we come next week? I'll bring my own ammo!' That was about 38 years ago and I still laugh when I think about it. I saw Wyatt about 10 years ago for the first time since we graduated. He is some sort of chemical engineer making big bucks. We talked about that night and as we parted he said, "Don't forget me if Rocky Horror comes back to town!"

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I went and saw it in college. Best part was all the sexy college girls dressed up like the movie.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 11,599 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,241
Posts18,544,264
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.