Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
War Admiral is just another election year troll getting paid by the dnc to spread bs and lies..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
War Admiral, are you compensated for your post?

How many other posters are?

For the record, I’m not and never have been.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Rock63
War Admiral, are you compensated for your post?

How many other posters are?

For the record, I’m not and never have been.

Yes. You caught me. I get paid millions of dollars for my posts. Even more when I post about my Winchester rifles and fishing. And when I post about my Howa rifles I get paid in cash.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Way admire is at 177 posts.
The same caliber as his home defense single shot.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
War Admiral is just another election year troll getting paid by the dnc to spread bs and lies..mb

They think we are fooled when they tell us they'd love to see a conservative elected---just as long as it isn't Trump (who isn't really an ideologue in the first place). Nasty-assed lying POSs.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Thanks for admitting it even if you tried to make a joke of it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WarAdmiral
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by kwg020
Trump is going to hate prison. But not as much as he'll hate being bankrupted by Letisha James in New York. He's going to hate that more.
The only way Donald Trump will be in prison is if the 2024 election is stolen. Again. I'm pretty sure Smith will be out of a job on Donald's or Ron's first day in office.

War Admiral, what is your opinion of E Pluribus Unum ?? Common translation "of many, one". Just checking, who's side are you on ?

kwg

I've leaned many latin phrases in law school 30 years ago, thanks. I'm on the side of any republican that can beat Biden in a general election. Trump can't. He has never been higher than 46% of the vote and he barely won in 2016 and lost with it in 2020. He will get no more than 43% of the vote in 2024 and that will result in a landslide loss. I'm tired of losing elections because of Trump. He lost the WH, the House and the Senate under his watch and he's about to lose the House again in 2024.

I've been a registered republican for the last 39 years and I'll always be one. But those in the Trump cult aren't doing us any good. He will be convicted of the crimes he was charged with, and a judge in New York has already ordered his companies to be dissolved - he'll lose that appeal for sure. Nothing I've said is incorrect. To deny this means you have drank too much of the orange cool-aide.

If you think an unbiased court will allow Trump's companies to be dissolved as a result of civil courts's finding of fraud, in a case in which nobody was defrauded of anything, I don't want whatever drugs you are taking.

Let me guess, you think that Trump's first impeachment was warranted?

I wish I had leaned latin phrases. I didn't go to law school, so I only learned Latin phrases.

You think the NY Appellate Division is going to overturn the NY trial court? And then perhaps the NY Court of Appeals after that? LOLOLOLO. I want some of what you're smoking, genius. Oh, and what is a civil "courts's"? Never heard that before.

My bad, I had no idea that the trial was a criminal trial. I thought is was handled as a civil matter.

Counselor, is injury an element of NY's fraud law, and who specifically was injured and how by Trump's fraud?

Watch this everyone. This is where these discussion always get interesting.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Trump is going to hate prison. But not as much as he'll hate being bankrupted by Letisha James in New York. He's going to hate that more.
The only way Donald Trump will be in prison is if the 2024 election is stolen. Again. I'm pretty sure Smith will be out of a job on Donald's or Ron's first day in office.

War Admiral, what is your opinion of E Pluribus Unum ?? Common translation "of many, one". Just checking, who's side are you on ?

kwg

I've leaned many latin phrases in law school 30 years ago, thanks. I'm on the side of any republican that can beat Biden in a general election. Trump can't. He has never been higher than 46% of the vote and he barely won in 2016 and lost with it in 2020. He will get no more than 43% of the vote in 2024 and that will result in a landslide loss. I'm tired of losing elections because of Trump. He lost the WH, the House and the Senate under his watch and he's about to lose the House again in 2024.

I've been a registered republican for the last 39 years and I'll always be one. But those in the Trump cult aren't doing us any good. He will be convicted of the crimes he was charged with, and a judge in New York has already ordered his companies to be dissolved - he'll lose that appeal for sure. Nothing I've said is incorrect. To deny this means you have drank too much of the orange cool-aide.

If you think an unbiased court will allow Trump's companies to be dissolved as a result of civil courts's finding of fraud, in a case in which nobody was defrauded of anything, I don't want whatever drugs you are taking.

I wish I had leaned latin phrases. I didn't go to law school, so I only learned Latin phrases.

You think the NY Appellate Division is going to overturn the NY trial court? And then perhaps the NY Court of Appeals after that? LOLOLOLO. I want some of what you're smoking, genius. Oh, and what is a civil "courts's"? Never heard that before.

My bad, I had no idea that the trial was a criminal trial. I thought is was handled as a civil matter.

Counselor, is injury an element of NY's fraud law, and who specifically was injured and how by Trump's fraud?

Yes. The court found that the lenders and insurance companies were damaged by Trump's frauds. Trump received better interest rates and insurance premiums than he was entitled to as a direct result of his lies - in other words he defrauded them. They lost out on several hundred million dollars in interest payments and premiums that they were entitled to based on the actual risk, not the perceived risk based on Trump's fraudulent submissions. Had Trump submitted accurate information to them they would have either denied coverage or denied the loan, or charged an appropriate interest rate, whatever the case may be.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

kwg

Yes. The court found that the lenders and insurance companies were damaged by Trump's frauds. Trump received better interest rates and insurance premiums than he was entitled to as a direct result of his lies - in other words he defrauded them. They lost out on several hundred million dollars in interest payments and premiums that they were entitled to based on the actual risk, not the perceived risk based on Trump's fraudulent submissions. Had Trump submitted accurate information to them they would have either denied coverage or denied the loan, or charged an appropriate interest rate, whatever the case may be.

Man it would seem that the lenders would have either a moral or legal duty to exercise due diligence when so much money is at stake. Have any of the investors and or stock holders sued the financial institutions for dereliction of their fiduciary responsibilities?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Cluggins

kwg

Man it would seem that the lenders would have either a moral or legal duty to exercise due diligence when so much money is at stake. Have any of the investors and or stock holders sued the financial institutions for dereliction of their fiduciary responsibilities?

Under NY law the fraud is committed at the time of the submission of false information. It doesn't matter that the recipient didn't catch the wrongdoer. It doesn't matter if the lender decided to do nothing about it upon learning of it after the fact. What matters is that the party committing the fraud does not get to keep what is known as "ill-gotten gains". The NY AG has shown at trial that Trump received $370 million worth of gains he wasn't entitled to. He received this benefit under false pretenses. You can argue against this all you like. This is the law.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That is fascinating. Trump owes them money that they would have made if they had verified the information as they should have. It's Trump's fault they were lazy.

Is there actual and perceived risk or simply probabilities? Are the interest rates offered based on objective standards or did the lenders have some discretionary latitude?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Horseshit. It's all totalitarian police state persecution and you know it.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Under NY law the fraud is committed at the time of the submission of false information. It doesn't matter that the recipient didn't catch the wrongdoer. It doesn't matter if the lender decided to do nothing about it upon learning of it after the fact. What matters is that the party committing the fraud does not get to keep what is known as "ill-gotten gains". The NY AG has shown at trial that Trump received $370 million worth of gains he wasn't entitled to. He received this benefit under false pretenses. You can argue against this all you like. This is the law.

Is the following true or untrue of New York law:

New York’s statute of limitations for civil fraud is the greater of:

six years starting from when the fraud is actually committed, or
two years from the time when the fraud was actually discovered or when it could have been discovered with plaintiff’s reasonable diligence.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

That is fascinating. Trump owes them money that they would have made if they had verified the information as they should have. It's Trump's fault they were lazy.

Is there actual and perceived risk or simply probabilities? Are the interest rates offered based on objective standards or did the lenders have some discretionary latitude?

You're confusing restitution with disgorgement. The law calls for disgorgement. He can't keep the benefits he only received as a result of his fraud. You can argue all you want that the banks weren't harmed. But Trump benefited in ways he wasn't entitled to had he submitted true information. I'll leave it at that. Argue with the courts in NY.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Cluggins

Is the following true or untrue of New York law:

New York’s statute of limitations for civil fraud is the greater of:

six years starting from when the fraud is actually committed, or
two years from the time when the fraud was actually discovered or when it could have been discovered with plaintiff’s reasonable diligence.

Trump's loans called for him to submit yearly financial statements for as long as the loans remained outstanding. So every year he submitted the same false information that he submitted originally. So every year he reset the statute of limitations as every year he committed the same fraud. You can't use more fraud to cover up old fraud.

Trump appealed this very issue and the appellate court threw him out on his ass.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You're confusing restitution with disgorgement. The law calls for disgorgement. He can't keep the benefits he only received as a result of his fraud. You can argue all you want that the banks weren't harmed. But Trump benefited in ways he wasn't entitled to had he submitted true information. I'll leave it at that. Argue with the courts in NY.

Lets drill down to some basic facts.

Trump went so far as to inform the lender that they should NOT rely on his estimates and valuations.

The rates that lending institutions and insurers charge in such deals are discretionary. They are not absolutely and completely objective based.

The lenders chose to rely on Trump's information and offered the rate of their choosing.

Trump re-payed all of his debt on time and in accordance with the agreement.

The lenders eventually learned of the inaccuracies and chose not to pursue restitution. There's a reason for this.

At best NY's statute of limitations for fraud is six years. The inaccurate information was provided much longer ago than that.

Letitia James ran on a platform of getting Trump for anything she could. She would have hit him criminally if she thought there was any way in hell that she would prevail. She went civil because the standard substantially lower standard. It's worth noting that prosecutors in Manhatten declined to file charges. There's a reason for that.

This will be appealed, and when it hits an impartial venue, justice will prevail.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

Lets drill down to some basic facts.

Trump went so far as to inform the lender that they should NOT rely on his estimates and valuations.

The rates that lending institutions and insurers charge in such deals are discretionary. They are not absolutely and completely objective based.

The lenders chose to rely on Trump's information and offered the rate of their choosing.

Trump re-payed all of his debt on time and in accordance with the agreement.

The lenders eventually learned of the inaccuracies and chose not to pursue restitution. There's a reason for this.

At best NY's statute of limitations for fraud is six years. The inaccurate information was provided much longer ago than that.

Letitia James ran on a platform of getting Trump for anything she could. She would have hit him criminally if she thought there was any way in hell that she would prevail. She went civil because the standard substantially lower standard. It's worth noting that prosecutors in Manhatten declined to file charges. There's a reason for that.

This will be appealed, and when it hits an impartial venue, justice will prevail.

It will be appealed. You've got that right.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here's another thing that doesn't help NY's case. The court chose to use an $18 valuation on Mar-A Lago. Of all of the valuations out there, they chose the lowest one. Just the fact that valuations are all over the place helps make Trump's case. It will be hard in any real court of law to hold him accountable for an inaccurate estimation when professional appraisers walk away with widely divergent valuations. Engeron certainly chose an inaccurate one.

As hellbent as James is on hammering Trump, she would have gone criminal if she thought she could get away with it. From a tactical standpoint she was smart to avoid having the facts measured against the criminal standard where there would have been a real trial with a jury.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 01/05/24. Reason: I can't type worth a piss.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
FWIW War Admiral, I do appreciate your willingness to have a focused fact-based discussion. It was a pleasant surprise. Too often discussions between people with different beliefs turn into personal attacks.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
FWIW War Admiral, I do appreciate your willingness to have a focused fact-based discussion. It was a pleasant surprise. Too often discussions between people with different beliefs turn into personal attacks.

Thank you. You and I have many of the same beliefs.

Keep your eyes open for the next several months. If Trump is good at anything he's good at generating epic legal confrontations. Just today the Supreme Court elected to take up the Colorado election disqualification case. Oral arguments will be heard on February 8th and it won't be long after that before they affirm the ruling or overrule it. If they affirm it, well, hang on tight.

Last edited by WarAdmiral; 01/05/24.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (257man, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,690
Posts18,534,494
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.