Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I went to college and grad school in Louisiana and lived and worked there for several years. North and south Louisiana.

I was a Captain in the Army ARNG and taught at the state military academy for a few years. Never really considered Louisiana "spooky" but I guess there are places that would scare some down there. I used to run on Highway 61 between Reserve and La Place in the dark and never thought twice about it.

Last edited by EIB0879; 01/06/24.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was born in the middle bedroom of a house my grandparents built in 1930 which is 300' from me as I type this. My family has been on this piece of real estate since 1832. I started an aviation business in this community in 1969; the hangar I'm looking at right now is 350 yards away. Everything that I accomplished in my endeavor to care for and provide for my family is a direct result of the type of individuals that came into my business over a period of 40 years. God fearing folks that believed in Jesus Christ they were...and are today and I thank them from the bottom of this old country boys heart! In my opinion....the best people in this world today! The type of individuals that you'd want in a foxhole with you on a bad day! My hats off to all of them!! GOD SPEED!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I had some delicious food while there…..

The Tabasco plant was kinda neat…..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Garlic Tabasco is my absolute favorite blend of
Tabasco and in the top five of favorites.

IC B2

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
They eat crawdads down there I've heard.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Them Tigahs of Red Stick have pure hate for us on the 2nd saturday of November Roll Tide! But the good people of LA are the most friendly kind caring folk you'll run into. Stay out of the big cities carry an extra mag or 6. You'll be alright.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
The Louisiana Hayride?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is that where them duck dynasty boys are from?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by slumlord

I looked for them but no luck…..

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Also didn’t see a gator but ate some.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The Louisiana Hayride?

Some great entertainers got their start there! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by slumlord

North Louisiana! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Been there a couple times and got to see a decent amount of the southern half of the state. Like most rural areas in this country whether north, south, east or west most of the people I’ve met were great folks. We enjoyed our time there a lot and I wouldn’t hesitate to go back. I will say that based on the weather and geography that I’ve never felt further from home, that’s not an insult to Louisiana in any way. I’m a son of the PNW which means that I’m part Frosty the Snowman and I start melting at 75*…..it was 102* with 90* humidity in July……but it wasn’t a dry heat. 😂
The, food in my opinion, is wonderful and the amount of pride that goes into cooking is definitely evident. I don’t think we have the generational pride in cooking like other parts of the country have, like the South. Up here we have a lot of different ethnicities represented in food and the blending of complimentary regional food dishes in “Fusion” but I appreciate the old tried and true.

Good people, good food and good fun, what’s not to like about rural Louisiana?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My dog's from Looziana actually but I've never been there I'd like to some day.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Drove to Baton Rouge and back one day and seen a few people dancing a jig along the road

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 16penny
Drove to Baton Rouge and back one day and seen a few people dancing a jig along the road

We drove into New Orleans one day to visit the WWII museum and as soon as I got off the freeway and onto a city street I was forced to hit my brakes and swerve because 2 female jigs were involved in mutual combat…..’fro pulling and unintelligible verbalizations were being grunted but I didn’t stick around to find out the root of their issue, no translator was available anyway. 😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I worked in Baton Rouge one summer, and was responsible for a business on Avery Island 2000-2012. So I traveled to La several times a year. Great people, great food, but I’m not sure I’d like living there.

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Originally Posted by 007FJ
I’m working at Belle Rose right now, staying in Gonzales. Great people to work with and the food is pretty great.

In spite of not having enough distance from the Spandex Guru...I like it in Zydeco land.

Tomorrow morning is Zydeco music blended into real country on Gumbo 94.9 out of Houma.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

live audio stream (click the link to listen): https://ice42.securenetsystems.net/WGUO

Bob F. [Linked Image from crater-outdoors.net]

Bobby Richard tomorrow morning popping a top

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
A native Mississippian but I have lived in Southern Louisiana for a long time. Our people are great, give you anything and help you out if you need it. Louisianans are a proud people with a great culture and joy of life.
Now the politicians here are a bunch of dumbasses.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (808outdoors, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,398 guests, and 800 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,496
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.