Print Thread
Hop To
D
Daveman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
After looking for a long time at new 44 Magnums, and at the suggestion of a couple of longstanding members of the "Fire, I went with the Colt Anaconda with the 6-inch barrel. I really like the revolver, with one excpetion - the trigger pull is far too heavy. It's 5.75 puinds single action, which makes accurate shooting quite challenging.

I've read a great deal about how Heffron Precison can work magic on Anaconda triggers. But, the difficulty of shipping it there and back through an FFL, plus the significant cost of doing so, is pushing me away from this option.

Question: my local gunsmith says he can lighten the triger significantly, though he has not worked on a new Anaconda. Plus, his price for trigger jobs is quite fair. Has anyone had a local gunsmtih work on an Anaconda trigger, and, if so, how did the result turn out? I simply do not know if the Anaconda's trigger is substantially different from, or more difficult to work on, than other revolvers, I'd like to avoid the hassle and high costs of shipping it to Iowa and back through my FFL guy unless it is absolutely necessary. Thoughts on whether I need to go through Heffron?

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Daveman ,

This is an impossible question to answer , not knowing your gunsmith or his work.

I have a camo Anaconda... that is why I clicked on your thread.

My gunsmith has done some trigger work for me. Not on my old Anaconda.

Best,

Chuck

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It's my understanding Heffron uses jigs to hold the parts while he does his "magic". The old saying, "You pay your money and take your chances", comes to mind. I used a felt wheel on my Dremel tool to polish some of the lock work in my new Python. It helped some but I think the work Heffron does with the main spring would make mine right. Dave

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My guess is Heffron is running about 18-24 months behind at the moment. He recently worked on my Anaconda and Python and both now have superb triggers. I waited 6 months for my name to come up once I paid a deposit to get on his “list”. Then had my FFL mail off the revolvers in March 23. Finally got them back around the beginning of December 23.
Only you can decide if that amount of time is acceptable to you.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
D
Daveman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Wow, 18 to 24 months is a good deal longer than I'm willing to wait. I think I'll give my local 'smith a call.

Thanks for that info.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I dont know the quality of your gunsmiths work but I've made jigs for many revolver trigger and sear surfaces like S&W, colt, and even taurus. I've also used angle blocks as guides for unusual or one off guns that come in. Just polishing the mating surfaces alone will give a marked improvement in trigger function.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 56 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.