Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Greyghost
What you mean is gold wasn't seen as an investment until after '71...

Phil
Right. It was just money. Its purchasing power fluctuated a little, as today, but on average held its value over long stretches of time, unlike the US Dollar, which is today worth about one penny vs it's 1933 value.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by JBabcock
Lots of folks here have kind of missed the point. Maybe on purpose, maybe because they don’t understand. Either way, it’s fine. Gold and Silver have always been considered REAL money. Always.

About Preppers, Preppers prepare for what may happen, hoping it doesn’t. I don’t consider myself a Prepper per se, thought if someone decides to break into my house in the middle of the night, I’m prepared to blow his fool head off. If the power goes out next week, and it’s out for a week or 2, we will be fine.

It really doesn’t take much to set a little aside now and then. Next thing you know, you’re prepared. For how long? I don’t know. I hope for not very long. But, who knows. Just as an aside, anyone see Slow Joe get led off stage by his wife? So comforting.

So you have your beans, you have your ammo, but what do you have that you’d consider as REAL Money? Those paper things in your wallet? Ok. Cool.

I use them everyday. I want to buy something, I pull out this piece of fancy toilet paper and pay for it. And then I walk out.

But just what if? What if that toilet paper suddenly isn’t worth anything, except wiping your butt with? Think it can’t happen? Study history friends. It’s happened EVERY SINGLE TIME. When for us? I don’t know. Do you? No you don’t either.

So, Gold & Silver, it’s ALWAYS been considered real money. You don’t have to own any. Your choice. Most don’t.

I think I watched or read somewhere that if you have in your possession, 2000 oz of Silver, your in the top 1% of those who have it. Roughly $50,000 in Silver. Goes up, goes down.

It ain’t an investment. It’s insurance. Same with Gold.

If it’s real money, why not will nobody accept it?

What you say sounds nice in theory, but it only has value if all accept and agree that it does and agree how much.

Outside of industrial demand, I can’t eat it. I can’t built with it. I can’t make it grow crops.

If it is money, which it isn’t at this time here, it is only a store of value.

If you aren’t using your assets to grow wealth, you’re losing wealth.

Hahahahaha.... brother Babcock he isn't worth the bandwidth.... denser than a box of rocks.... I would love to know what he invest in, if he even has enough extra money for that... hahahhahaha

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of folks here have kind of missed the point. Maybe on purpose, maybe because they don’t understand. Either way, it’s fine. Gold and Silver have always been considered REAL money. Always.

About Preppers, Preppers prepare for what may happen, hoping it doesn’t. I don’t consider myself a Prepper per se, thought if someone decides to break into my house in the middle of the night, I’m prepared to blow his fool head off. If the power goes out next week, and it’s out for a week or 2, we will be fine.

It really doesn’t take much to set a little aside now and then. Next thing you know, you’re prepared. For how long? I don’t know. I hope for not very long. But, who knows. Just as an aside, anyone see Slow Joe get led off stage by his wife? So comforting.

So you have your beans, you have your ammo, but what do you have that you’d consider as REAL Money? Those paper things in your wallet? Ok. Cool.

I use them everyday. I want to buy something, I pull out this piece of fancy toilet paper and pay for it. And then I walk out.

But just what if? What if that toilet paper suddenly isn’t worth anything, except wiping your butt with? Think it can’t happen? Study history friends. It’s happened EVERY SINGLE TIME. When for us? I don’t know. Do you? No you don’t either.

So, Gold & Silver, it’s ALWAYS been considered real money. You don’t have to own any. Your choice. Most don’t.

I think I watched or read somewhere that if you have in your possession, 2000 oz of Silver, your in the top 1% of those who have it. Roughly $50,000 in Silver. Goes up, goes down.

What you say sounds nice in theory, but it only has value if all accept and agree that it does and agree how much.

Outside of industrial demand, I can’t eat it. I can’t built with it. I can’t make it grow crops.

And the wonderful thing about this country we live in, your entitled to your opinion , as I am mine. If you feel strongly about yours, I applaud you. I think differently than you. If you’re in my neighborhood, and you have no beans, I will likely have a can or 2 for you. But, it will cost you 1 pre-1965 US quarter.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Value of an ounce of gold in 1900 was $18.96. Value of that $18.96 in 1971 would have been worth $100.22. But the value of an ounce of gold in 1973 was only $36. Gold didn't even keep up with inflation.

Phil

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Value of an ounce of gold in 1900 was $18.96. Value of that $18.96 in 1971 would have been worth $100.22. But the value of an ounce of gold in 1973 was only $36. Gold didn't even keep up with inflation.

Phil
Over the long haul it does, and then some.

PS You do realize that inflation is something that's done knowingly to our currency, right? It's not like the weather. It's literal theft, but because it's a mystery to most how it works, very few understand it as such. Which is convenient for the thieves.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Phil

PS You do realize that inflation is something that's done knowingly to our currency, right? It's not like the weather. It's literal theft, but because it's a mystery to most how it works, very few understand it as such. Which is convenient for the thieves.
Per Milton Freedman , inflation is a man made event, done by the government.... ask yourself why?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by irfubar
Grammar nazi alert.... last bastion of a loser.....

So sorry you can't afford to buy PM's

You know nothing of my finances, but you’re dribbling nonsense. You questioned my intelligence because I disagree with you, but you’re unable to demonstrate understanding of language or history.

You told us you would rather spend your money on things you enjoy and bring perceived value to you, that would strongly indicate you don't have money left over for anything else.
I made the point many can do both... including me.... and clue me in on the history of fiat money... lol

You’re misquoting me again.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
jesus, Google it. Anything going through a Bank, Auction House, or Dealer Above $600 per year total will require a 1099 or 1099k... that will include PayPal, Ebay, and any of the like.

Phil
You will have to show me where it says that. According to Apmex, the number is 10 grand....I don't think you are correct or we are talking about two different things

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

And the wonderful thing about this country we live in, your entitled to your opinion , as I am mine. If you feel strongly about yours, I applaud you. I think differently than you. If you’re in my neighborhood, and you have no beans, I will likely have a can or 2 for you. But, it will cost you 1 pre-1965 US quarter.

If you’re in my neck of the woods, and you’re in need, I’d give it to you.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Phil

Per Milton Freedman , inflation is a man made event, done by the government.... ask yourself why?

Government inflates their way out of debt and they collect more revenue. The also appease low-wage earners happy they got a “raise” too ignorant to know their purchasing power remains stagnant.

Last edited by drop_point; 01/07/24.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Phil
Of course not, they don't make it anymore, and it takes a lot of effort to find what's still hidden.

All it takes to inflate the currency is a vote of politicians who need to buy votes.

Which is why some people can recognize why gold is more valuable than fiat.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Phil

Government inflated their way out of debt and they collect more revenue. The also appease low-wage earners happy they got a “raise” too ignorant to know their purchasing power remains stagnant.
When did the govt inflate its way out of debt? Last I heard the govt was over 30,000,000,000,000 in debt.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Went to the IRS site, so it looks as if at the end of Nov 2023, they delayed the new law's implementation a year. It should take effect in 2025 now. But in 2024 the limit will be $5,000. so, there is a little reprieve.

Phil

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’d give it to you too. But I’d put you to work. Sanitation, look outs, gardening, prolly some baby’s need tending to. Lots to do. No free riders. And do you have some skills besides gaming? Carpentry? Welding? Reloading? Anything besides gaming?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dassa

Phil

Government inflated their way out of debt and they collect more revenue. The also appease low-wage earners happy they got a “raise” too ignorant to know their purchasing power remains stagnant.
When did the govt inflate its way out of debt? Last I heard the govt was over 30,000,000,000,000 in debt.

Government only has to make interest on the debt. Not pay the debt. Borrow $1000 today, but devalue that $1000, make interest with your new inflated dollar. Increase revenue because you’ve increased tax base through inflation. You and I cannot get away with they, but that’s how the bastard central planners running the country look at it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Makes a feller think I’d say. Of course, most figure 7-11 will be there …..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’d give it to you too. But I’d put you to work. Sanitation, look outs, gardening, prolly some baby’s need tending to. Lots to do. No free riders. And do you have some skills besides gaming? Carpentry? Welding? Reloading? Anything besides gaming?

I never have gamed. I have, however, talked about occupation and skills on this site in the past. Talking about skills and being productive; that’s my whole point! Money has to enable you to grow wealth, be it through tools or investing. Junk silver just doesn’t play a role in my plans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I never have gamed. I have, however, talked about occupation and skills on this site in the past. Talking about skills and being productive; that’s my whole point! Money has to enable you to grow wealth, be it through tools or investing. Junk silver just doesn’t play a role in my plans.

Just as I thought, you don't have wealth.... a hint, if the devaluation of money via inflation keeps up you will never have wealth.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Me, I'd invest in gold mining stocks.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Just as I thought, you don't have wealth.... a hint, if the devaluation of money via inflation keeps up you will never have wealth.

Again, you’re making an ass out of yourself by making assumptions.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.