Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by JBabcock
I’d give it to you too. But I’d put you to work. Sanitation, look outs, gardening, prolly some baby’s need tending to. Lots to do. No free riders. And do you have some skills besides gaming? Carpentry? Welding? Reloading? Anything besides gaming?

I never have gamed. I have, however, talked about occupation and skills on this site in the past. Talking about skills and being productive; that’s my whole point! Money has to enable you to grow wealth, be it through tools or investing. Junk silver just doesn’t play a role in my plans.

Just as I thought, you don't have wealth.... a hint, if the devaluation of money via inflation keeps up you will never have wealth.

Again, you’re making an ass out of yourself by making assumptions.

Just going by your own words....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’d give it to you too. But I’d put you to work. Sanitation, look outs, gardening, prolly some baby’s need tending to. Lots to do. No free riders. And do you have some skills besides gaming? Carpentry? Welding? Reloading? Anything besides gaming?

I never have gamed. I have, however, talked about occupation and skills on this site in the past. Talking about skills and being productive; that’s my whole point! Money has to enable you to grow wealth, be it through tools or investing. Junk silver just doesn’t play a role in my plans.

Just as I thought, you don't have wealth.... a hint, if the devaluation of money via inflation keeps up you will never have wealth.

Again, you’re making an ass out of yourself by making assumptions.

Just going by your own words....

Your reading comprehension isn’t very good, is it?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have a good rest of your Sunday, despite your hateful attitude.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fellers, keep it civil. Some of us are older and have seen the game the Govt has been playing on us for awhile. When I was in my 30’s, 40’s, I was starting to see it. Now it’s as clear as a bell. Give some grace.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
A few questions to check if there's a place for precious metals:

Do you think the US dollar will be the first fiat currency to never fail?

When (If) it fails, do you have enough supplies to get you through the rest of your life?

As society starts to restabilize after the collapse, will people stay on a barter system indefinitely?

When people try to move off a barter system, will they be more likely to use something that historically has been seen as valuable, or will they look for another fiat currency?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fellers, keep it civil. Some of us are older and have seen the game the Govt has been playing on us for awhile. When I was in my 30’s, 40’s, I was starting to see it. Now it’s as clear as a bell. Give some grace.

Ok , I will try to be nice.... one last time for drop tine.... PM's are not to build wealth, they are to preserve wealth... plain and simple as I can muster.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those are the million dollar questions. Every Fiat currency has failed. Ours will to, if you believe history. I do. Barter systems only last as long as it takes to put in place a localized government. But, how honest is that? And whose benefit are they looking for? Maybe your the King of that Government. You thinking about me and mine?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Here's another gold evaluation for you... just for the fun of it.

Gold at $37 an ounce in 1973 was worth $1,645.95 in 2010 a 4,346% increase (not including the cost to produce it).

My wages of $10.15 an hour in 1973 would have to be $49.85 and hour, a 400% in 2010 the last year I worked, which is also really close just to have the same purchasing power.

Two things happened. The cost of mining gold went sky-high, and with the new super electronics the value of gold went up because of newfound uses.

And there was a whole hell of a lot of corporate greed in there too.

The idea that gold has got some magical value to it is just pure BS. Should all these newfound uses for gold evaporate, so will the value. As with the value of using gold for dental work, before gold they used lead, until it was found to be poisonous. Just as the price of gold hasn't fluctuated much in the last 15 years even though the cost to produce it has increased dramatically.

Phil

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Gold, diamonds neither are eatable, or will keep one warm.
Having said that, I enjoy giving my Wife both.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
The greatest error folks make when discussing the value of precious metals is to value them in terms of fiat currency.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
There is no precious metals to it, or a precious valuation. Just as you wouldn't put cash in your mattress and leave it for 30 years. Same with gold, when it ceases to produce an increase in value or purchasing power its worthless, or at least worth less than worth keeping.

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
There is no precious metals to it, or a precious valuation. Just as you wouldn't put cash in your mattress and leave it for 30 years. Same with gold, when it ceases to produce an increase in value or purchasing power its worthless, or at least worth less than worth keeping.

Phil
More epic ignorance.... but coming from a liberal it's to be expected

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I could see the value in having a stash of gold that you could bury in a secret location to come recover if you survived the depopulation. The depopulation event will be so chaotic that it will be survival mode and not much trade will be happening. Once society begins to rebuild and some semblance of law and order is restored, precious metals will have value.

We are a nation of sociopaths, and if you expect any type of barter system during the chaos, you will end up dead. Best plan would be bury some stuff and get away from people.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
I could see the value in having a stash of gold that you could bury in a secret location to come recover if you survived the depopulation. The depopulation event will be so chaotic that it will be survival mode and not much trade will be happening. Once society begins to rebuild and some semblance of law and order is restored, precious metals will have value.

We are a nation of sociopaths, and if you expect any type of barter system during the chaos, you will end up dead. Best plan would be bury some stuff and get away from people.
Calvin,
Good to see you are paying attention. Ten years ago you sounded like drop-tine..... smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calvin

That’s the plan of most Preppers. Or kill them as they come to to take your chit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just saying….

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I once knew a Latter-day Saints family that was into all that crap. Stored away a good portion of their income into dry food stuffs and canned goods, as well as camping gear. blankets and tools. Garage full of it. Within 5 years it was all junk and worthless. And a lot of money down the drain. Plan ahead and prepare for emergencies, but going overboard isn't the answer. People watch too much TV and listen to the wrong people.

Phil

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The big banks are buying huge quantities of gold.

They know what's up.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sure they do...

Phil

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dassa
A few questions to check if there's a place for precious metals:

Do you think the US dollar will be the first fiat currency to never fail?

When (If) it fails, do you have enough supplies to get you through the rest of your life?

As society starts to restabilize after the collapse, will people stay on a barter system indefinitely?

When people try to move off a barter system, will they be more likely to use something that historically has been seen as valuable, or will they look for another fiat currency?
Pretty good book that hypothetically covers all this is "Patriots" by James Wesley Rawles

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 16penny, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,934 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,491
Posts18,490,373
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.