Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
IIRC, the last time I updated my DL, there was a extra fee involved if getting the “real” id, and getting my birth certificate would have been a hassle, so i passed…
Sooo today I figured it would be a good time to start getting everything together and get it done.
First thing was getting a checklist of documents required by the dmv…first up was the birth certificate…so I go to the county web site for vital statistics and start entering my info…$32 for a copy plus a $12 processing fee. I was a little miffed but figured wtf… until I read the disclaimer that my copy wouldn’t be mailed until I could prove who I was…
Don’t they already know?
I’m a registered voter…have been for over 50 years
I have a current DL…I used to have the TWIC card when I was driving commercial and haven’t had a moving violation since 1974
I’ve been called for jury duty 4 times at my current address… the list could go on, but why??? Especially when we’re allowing undocumented people into the country by the millions…wtf???🤬😡

The more I think about it the madder I get 🤬🤬🤬

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bastards

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just more government overreach.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep. If you’re a fuggin wetback at the Border, Lying Hiden Biden will issue you a U.S. Passport, a Valid ID, a free phone, and a EBT Card so they can fly you to anywhere in America and dump you out in some unsuspecting US City in the Middle of the night.

Even though you have NO ID or Documentation WHATSOEVER. 😡

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/07/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was going tuna fishing out of San Diego and there was a chance we would cross the Mexican border fishing in Mexican waters. They said I had to get a passport to be legal and also to buy a Mexican fishing license.

So to get a passport I went to the post office and they wouldn't accept my paperwork because I needed two forms of ID, my drivers license and my official copy of birth certificate. I couldn't find my birth certificate and my license had expired about a month before. So they said get both and come back.

So I went to the AZ Dept of Motor Vehicles office but they would not update my license because it expired and now they needed my official stamped birth certificate. So I contacted the AZ dept of vital. statistics and filled out their form to get one, it also had to be notarized.

So I went to a bank notary to get it notarized. They wouldn't notarize it because my AZ drivers had expired.

So here I am in Catch 22, like the fckeeng Twilight Zone. I can't get license, birth certificate, or passport without two valid forms of ID and I have none.

Finally remembered an old friend was a notary in my small town so I went to her, she notarized my paperwork only because she knew me personally. If not for her I don't know what I would have done....have to get reborn I guess.

So there I was, an American born citizen and couldn't get a drivers license, couldn't get a birth certificate, couldn't get a passport, couldn't get across any US border, and because of that I couldn't buy a Mexican fishing license.

I should have just snuck across the Mexican border, crossed back illegally, got caught by the border patrol, and Biden would have made me a citizen.

Last edited by AZmark; 01/07/24.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Par for the coarse in Kali. Wife and I have to get ours' "realed" . We'll have twice the fun.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You only need to prove who you are if you're legal.
Think about THAT, for a minute!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Don't drive. It's the second and the only other choice.

Medics bury their mistakes..
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I got lucky when I got my "real" ID. All my paperwork that they requested wasn't "good enough." hen I remembered I had my mini passport to go into Mexico or Canada in my wallet. If I'd shown that in the first place, I would not have needed any of all the crap they wanted. I still don't why I stuck it in my wallet that morning because I hadn't even decided to go to DMV in the first place. Just a spur of the moment thing. So if you have a mini or full passport, bring that along as well.Just might make the difference in the long run.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
You only need to prove who you are if you're legal.
Think about THAT, for a minute!

PREZACTLY!!! 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CDL since 91, Hazmat, along with the Homeland security background check and finger printing...since that started.

And if I want Real ID i'm treated like they have no idea who i am.
Still gotta jump through the same hurdles, pay the same fees.

Funny as hell needing DL and birth certificate to prove ID.

38 years ago I had to show a birth certificate to get a famn driver's license.
Now the photo drivers license isn't enough, gotta have the birth certificate.

#$^*()?^$#%!!!! Government!!!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by brinky72
Just more government overreach.
......and the insatiable thirst for MONEY and CONTROL!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got mine 4 years ago. No big deal.
I presented my passport and birth certificate. Easy-peasy

Makes travel more expedited

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Got mine 4 years ago. No big deal.
I presented my passport and birth certificate. Easy-peasy

Makes travel more expedited
About the same time I got mine - and like you said, it was a piece of cake... Took about ten minutes, tops.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AZmark
I was going tuna fishing out of San Diego and there was a chance we would cross the Mexican border fishing in Mexican waters. They said I had to get a passport to be legal and also to buy a Mexican fishing license.

So to get a passport I went to the post office and they wouldn't accept my paperwork because I needed two forms of ID, my drivers license and my official copy of birth certificate. I couldn't find my birth certificate and my license had expired about a month before. So they said get both and come back.

So I went to the AZ Dept of Motor Vehicles office but they would not update my license because it expired and now they needed my official stamped birth certificate. So I contacted the AZ dept of vital. statistics and filled out their form to get one, it also had to be notarized.

So I went to a bank notary to get it notarized. They wouldn't notarize it because my AZ drivers had expired.

So here I am in Catch 22, like the fckeeng Twilight Zone. I can't get license, birth certificate, or passport without two valid forms of ID and I have none.

Finally remembered an old friend was a notary in my small town so I went to her, she notarized my paperwork only because she knew me personally. If not for her I don't know what I would have done....have to get reborn I guess.

So there I was, an American born citizen and couldn't get a drivers license, couldn't get a birth certificate, couldn't get a passport, couldn't get across any US border, and because of that I couldn't buy a Mexican fishing license.

I should have just snuck across the Mexican border, crossed back illegally, got caught by the border patrol, and Biden would have made me a citizen.
Its nuts isn't it. What they allow illegals to have and do and to issue.

OTOH why people don't have current form of ID, passport, and birth certificate along with any sort of education papers is beyond me. We were taught that and the SS card were important, keep current, etc... we listened and have never had an issue.

I've got enough licenses for trades that I know WAY better than to let anything ever expire.

Evidently not everyone in the world works like this.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
the folks that bitch and moan about the Real ID are the same folks that are bitching and moaning about undocumented aliens.

In Florida, the document check list asks for three categories. Primary ID, a list of 9 things. Pick one. Your choice. Second is your SSN. Pick one from 5 choices of proof. Third requires you to verify your address. They list 6 choices. Bring two.

It's just not that intrusive or difficult.

Sam......

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
IIRC, the last time I updated my DL, there was a extra fee involved if getting the “real” id, and getting my birth certificate would have been a hassle, so i passed…
Sooo today I figured it would be a good time to start getting everything together and get it done.
First thing was getting a checklist of documents required by the dmv…first up was the birth certificate…so I go to the county web site for vital statistics and start entering my info…$32 for a copy plus a $12 processing fee. I was a little miffed but figured wtf… until I read the disclaimer that my copy wouldn’t be mailed until I could prove who I was…
Don’t they already know?
I’m a registered voter…have been for over 50 years
I have a current DL…I used to have the TWIC card when I was driving commercial and haven’t had a moving violation since 1974
I’ve been called for jury duty 4 times at my current address… the list could go on, but why??? Especially when we’re allowing undocumented people into the country by the millions…wtf???🤬😡

The more I think about it the madder I get 🤬🤬🤬

Complains about Illegals using other people birth certificated to steal their identity. Also complains about proving is identity to prevent his identity from being stolen.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AZmark

I'll bet they'd know exactly who you are if you didn't pay your taxes.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's almost like they are trying to force you to 'prove' who you actually are just to get a 'Real ID'.

Who the hell do they think they are anyway?

This is America goddammit!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Most don't qualify as wetback accirding to the Oxford dictionary. . They are from South America, Africa and the ME.

wet·back
nounDEROGATORY•INFORMAL
a Mexican living in the US, especially without official authorization

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.