Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
...<snip>...

I got the email this AM that my package was delivered to my home at 5:20 this morning, but of course it's not out there. I guess it will arrive in a day or two.

Do any of you get these weird, misleading, emails from Midway?

With USPS, UPS, and FedEx, I always track the package with the carrier's computer system using the supplied tracking number / ID. Those systems can also have problems but at least this eliminates one link in the tracking chain (the carrier's system communicating with Midway's system).

I do this for just about anything I order online with various vendors.

Just a suggestion. Cheers! Bob F.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've tried doing "bidness" with Potterfield several times. I always end up with the 💩 dirty end of the stick.

Same with Cheaper Than Dirt! I live 90 miles from Fort Worth. It's cheaper for me to drive to Ftw than pay CTD's "shipping"....
and I'll get it much sooner!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If the delivery company is FedEx it doesn’t matter who you buy from. They can f*#k up a one car funeral.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
what is an API

What is an API?

API stands for Application Programming Interface.

APIs are mechanisms that enable two software components to communicate with each other using a set of definitions and protocols. For example, the weather bureau’s software system contains daily weather data. The weather app on your phone “talks” to this system via APIs and shows you daily weather updates on your phone.

https://aws.amazon.com/what-is/api/

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BFaucett
what is an API

What is an API?

API stands for Application Programming Interface.

APIs are mechanisms that enable two software components to communicate with each other using a set of definitions and protocols. For example, the weather bureau’s software system contains daily weather data. The weather app on your phone “talks” to this system via APIs and shows you daily weather updates on your phone.

https://aws.amazon.com/what-is/api/

I have a really nice looking certification paper
certificate doo-dad with a big API on it, but
it came from the American Petroleum Institute

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a small package pending with them as we speak. I used that stupid Mail Innovations thing. I know it's slow, but GD. I'm now 2 weeks into it and its still with UPS. It took 5 days to get from one UPS location to another. Midway's estimated delivery date is more than 3 weeks after I ordered. So according to them, I've still got more than a week to go.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Midway can jump in the lake if they are waiting on an order from me.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
what is an API

Essentially a tool or a connection/pipeline that allows 2 dissimilar software systems to talk.

UPS scans a barcode on the package. It produces data in a specific way/form etc. The API connection "sees" that data, converts it to a consumable bit of information for Midway's software and updates their system.

Literally it can be "Line 1 of your address is the Name - make that equal to line 2 in our system because line 1 is the email address" type of thing.

Me

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
One of my last order from Midway I used the cheaper shipping. Mistake. Went something like warehouse - Columbia, MO - STL - KC - STL - Columbia MO - Memphis - STL - hometown - delivery. If I ship it UPS ground it's usually at the front door the next day. However, I find myself ordering less and less from Midway.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
File a claim .

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Did you put on your plate carrier to go see if your box was there after your notification?

I am MAGA.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
It's not Midway it's UPS, Fedex or USPS. I had a magnesium Makita circular saw delivered last night (Sunday) at 8:30 so it was on my front porch all night. It was due last Friday by 10:00 pm but I got an email from UPS about 9:00 pm that the shipment was delayed (no tracking info) and the new delivery date was Wednesday the 3rd. They used to ring your doorbell but don't anymore. If I have something expensive being delivered I try to be home when it's shows up.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Did you put on your plate carrier to go see if your box was there after your notification?
LOL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I like Midway too, but my beef with them is the one strip of tape on a three foot long box with heavy boxes of bullets, small lightweight gun parts etc. the barely tapped box seam never makes it intact and there is 80 percent chance something is missing. They used to be good about this until the last time I called in with several things missing a wide open gaps in the box. The women on the phone laughed and blew me off. Thanks Larry you got my money and I didn’t get the product.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I have had instances where a package shows delivered but has actually been given to the USPS for final delivery.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was not that long ago that I felt like tracking was always reliable and I knew when stuff would arrive even though USPS often misrouted things and some packages got temporarily misplaced...but even those eventually reached their destinations. These days it looks to me like all the tracking sucks. Incoming stuff still gets here and outgoing stuff still ends up where it's supposed to, but tracking just isn't accurate about half the time anymore.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by scottf270
I have had instances where a package shows delivered but has actually been given to the USPS for final delivery.
That could be it, as well.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'm more concerned that the don't offer free shipping at all anymore. Or the fact I bought a couple boxes of 87gr Vmax for 29 dollars in December, last week they were almost 50. Today they are "listed" at 41.17... on sale at 36.
I used to just log on and order from midway when I needed something. Now it seems Graf, or Midsouth, or about anywhere else is cheaper, including Cabelas

Last edited by LJBass; 01/08/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LJBass
I'm more concerned that the don't offer free shipping at all anymore. Or the fact I bought a couple boxes of 87gr Vmax for 29 dollars in December, last week they were almost 50. Today they are "listed" at 41.17... on sale at 36.
I used to just log on and order from midway when I needed something. Now it seems Graf, or Midsouth, or about anywhere else is cheaper.

They did free shipping last week.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'm speaking of sending me an email that my package has been delivered. Each time I get that notice, I run out the front door looking for it, and sometimes it's not there. I then go back to the email to see if I misunderstood it, and sure enough, the email is timed at the wee hours of the morning, i.e., between midnight and six AM. Well, that doesn't make sense. No one makes home deliveries at those hours.
Don't order from Amazon do ya?

Have had 2 or 3 packages delivered between 2 and 4 AM

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/08/24.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 204guy, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,298
Posts18,487,062
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.