-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Carpet is never the right answer, no matter the room.

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Why the glue down and not floating?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ask Martha Stewart. smile

It's a man cave for crying out loud. <shakes head>

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
good job there mr Moore.

question for the 'fire members:

now that I'm old, I've started to wonder why ALL outlets aren't above desktop/countertop height? Tradition?
So toddlers can reach them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
good job there mr Moore.

now that I'm old, I've started to wonder why ALL outlets aren't above desktop/countertop height? Tradition?

Sure made me learn my lesson.
I was probably about that same age

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shinbone
My basement reloading room has a concrete floor. I did an epoxy floor coating, and find it to be perfect: looks good, zero maintenance, super easy clean up/finding lost items. About a month after I completed the epoxy coating, the basement flooded due to a heavy thunderstorm. The water vacuumed right up with a wet/dry shop vac, and within an hour the floor was bone dry with no ill affects. Based on my experience with this floor, I would always epoxy coat a basement floor, and then optionally add throw rugs or rubber mats if I wanted something more foot friendly than hard concrete.

Doing some wintertime dog training, which shows the epoxy floor:

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

I wish I had done the epoxy coating when I built my reloading room. With all the benches in there and cabinets, I hate to go back and do it now.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by EMoore
Man, you guys are ruining my envisioned final product....I do appreciate all the opinions tho!
Its a place to load ammo. Therefore our room is concrete floor. And nothing more. With a throw rug so to speak in one area. I don't let just anyone in. Its hidden by a concealed door. Its not for show. Its for me working and thats enough for me. I'd rather spend the money on more loading stuff or another gun than to try to be fancy. Basement I might be tempted to have a dehumidifier in too, but these days basements are way better than they used to be. And are usually conditioned space too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
E
EMoore Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
Why the glue down and not floating?

My flooring people steered me in that direction because of the amount of heavy stuff that will be on it...safes, benches, shelves, etc.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
good job there mr Moore.

Well dang,,

why didn't I think of that

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
EMoore Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by rost495
Man, you guys are ruining my envisioned final product....I do appreciate all the opinions tho!
Its a place to load ammo. Therefore our room is concrete floor. And nothing more. With a throw rug so to speak in one area. I don't let just anyone in. Its hidden by a concealed door. Its not for show. Its for me working and thats enough for me. I'd rather spend the money on more loading stuff or another gun than to try to be fancy. Basement I might be tempted to have a dehumidifier in too, but these days basements are way better than they used to be. And are usually conditioned space too.

Mine will be a place to load ammo, as well as the place that I have my safes, display my mounts, and entertain my very few friends (who are all gun nuts as well). I have a lifetime supply of reloading stuff, and more guns than I use, so I'll do the same as you....and spend my money as I see fit.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm working on the finishing details of my reloading room at my new (to me) house. It is in the basement, on a concrete slab. At my old place, I was also working in the basement, and just had a bare concrete floor, cinder block walls, and an open ceiling. The new improved version has drywall and will soon have a drop ceiling, so I'd like it to feel a little more "finished" than what I'm used to. I have been thinking about a low pile carpet, just for warmth and noise control, but am a little worried about workbench stability and the possibility of messing it up when rolling my safes in over it. My second choice for now, is some kind of vinyl planks. Does anybody have any input that might help me make a decision on this? I have also considered glue-down carpet tiles....

DAM i wish i had not put carpet down where is that FFEFing spring ,nut, screw., like most have said paint the floor

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 1234, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 3,184 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,710
Posts18,534,854
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.