Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
H5farm Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
For years, I have used a chromebook for most of my browsing. I watched thousands of you tube videos without ads. No this week, I cant watch a single video without three commercial ads. I downloaded ublock orgin and have adblocker plus/ premium. Nothing works. There is no way I am paying $13.99 a month for ad free.

Any of you guys got any tips?????

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The ads take off but end in 2-3-4 seconds, I'll turn youtube off if ads play.
Chrome book & AdB+.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Have you tried using Brave Browser?

It has a built in add blocker and anti-tracking features.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Yepper, everyone is getting greedy. Amazon Prime is starting run ads before their movies play, but they say they are not ads if it relates to content they're showing. Duh. . . okay. At the end of the month you'll have to pay $3.00+/- per month to opt out of ads that aren't their ads.

With regard to Youtube, I won't pay that "bend over" amount either. Hell, 75% of the crap on there is just that and the ads are even worse.

Go to the channels website and play the videos from there. Usually, you're given a choice on how you would like to view the vid.

If I talk over you, I apologize. I'm afraid I will lose my train-of-thought.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by H5farm
For years, I have used a chromebook for most of my browsing. I watched thousands of you tube videos without ads. No this week, I cant watch a single video without three commercial ads. I downloaded ublock orgin and have adblocker plus/ premium. Nothing works. There is no way I am paying $13.99 a month for ad free.

someone on here mentioned trying a "private browsing" page. I had the same issues as you, using firefox. just went and opened a private window and so far it's working and no notices I have three more, two more, one more video before I'm blocked.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I started using Brave for just this reason. I have not seen an add since I started using it.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Follow the money."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Expecting a free service without any advertising? Really? How exactly does one expect such a site to exist? JMO, but a few short ads seem like a small price to pay.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Youtube has found a way around Brave's adblockers. I had to switch back to Firefox to get rid of them.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WMR
Expecting a free service without any advertising? Really? How exactly does one expect such a site to exist? JMO, but a few short ads seem like a small price to pay.

good, you watch them then.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If you use a VPN with a server in a small country with a unique language, YouTube won't think you're worth the trouble to send an ad.

Be not weary in well doing.
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by WMR

Seems like 5-10 seconds of advertising before a video, more or less. I probably will keep using the site. How would you suggest the owners fund it?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR

Seems like 5-10 seconds of advertising before a video, more or less. I probably will keep using the site. How would you suggest the owners fund it?
funding it is their problem, not mine.

I make every attempt to avoid ads on the TV too. Although I'm a bit of a Luddite, years ago tis younger person informed me of this magic machine called a DVR.

Record the programs I'm interested in, and FF through every commercial. Added benefit of being able to go back to catch something I might have missed. And in HOCKEY games, I can go back 3-4 times and look at calls the Zebras missed and cuss them even more.

I figure with an ad blocker the advertiser has already paid them, whether I watch them or not. Just like I don't have to read the ads in the loca newspaper we get weekly.

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I loath that 5 seconds about Reggie and his razor bumps. He gat dat ProActive now

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by H5farm

If the beginning ad is over 5 seconds, I'll back out and re-enter....and once I get one that's 5 seconds, I wait till the end and then hit the 'skip ad' button - then the video will play.. But all these ads are thoroughly annoying to the max.. And I won't pay for 'ad free' videos either..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Life in the first world has it's tribulations.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by WMR

I started using ad blockers after finding viruses in ads.

To your point, It's no longer "a few short ads".
It's an abundance of long, irritating ads. In just a few months, Brave's blocked over 162,000 for me.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WMR

they aren't 'short' ads. On many videos, the 3 ads take more time than the video...EACH. Some of the ads are infomercials and very lengthy.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Just for fun, I went to YouTube just now and clicked on 5 different videos. Only one had any commercial at the start and I was able to skip to the video after 5 seconds. Tucker, The Duke, Raylan Givens and some outdoor cabin dude were available that quick. I'm not knowingly running any ad blocker, though I admit that my computer might have come pre set with one. The point remains, someone is paying to put that content there and I'm glad to have access to it. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen about 4382 clips of Tony Soprano and the crew dishing out punishment :-)

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
[quote=antelope_sniper]Have you tried using Brave Browser?

It has a built in add blocker and anti-tracking features.[/quote

Youtube has found a way around Brave's adblockers. I had to switch back to Firefox to get rid of them.

I canceled Ad Blocker Plus just so I could watch You tube videos. I got real good at cancelling the ads as soon as they appeared. After a month or so I reinstalled Ad Blocker plus and the ads are gone again! I use the Chrome browser.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,441 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,100
Posts18,483,097
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.