Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
VDH's astute and insightful commentary lays out just what has happened to bring us (the U.S.) to a point of "no return." I'm no scholar but I've been studying and observing politics for many years ... and I do not see a way out. Some will say I am just negative. No, I am not negative; I am just positive we are on the brink of the precipice

https://amgreatness.com/2024/01/08/a-culture-in-collapse/

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I really like Mr. Hanson, he’s pretty spot-on with every news interview I’ve seen him give. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
His last sentence of that treatise is "In sum, American civilization has been turned upside down, and we have a rendezvous soon with the once unthinkable and unimaginable."

This indicates that we're on a collision course but doesn't necessarily spell doom.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rte
His last sentence of that treatise is "In sum, American civilization has been turned upside down, and we have a rendezvous soon with the once unthinkable and unimaginable."

This indicates that we're on a collision course but doesn't necessarily spell doom

I agree.

It means a lot of good people will be forced to do lots of bad things.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well considered article, thanks.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We became fat, dumb and happy and put our Congress on auto pilot and then one day we found out it's not going to work but it was too late to stop the train.

VDH is correct, we are on a collision course and if we are lucky we can pull ourselves back together and maybe survive until the political left devises a new way to destroy America all in the name of Marxism.

We have to lose some weight and smarten up and get the Congress back under our control. If we are lucky, the right people will die and the good Americans will be the victors.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks Obammy and those who voted for him.

Old guy, old guns.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kwg020
If we are lucky, the right people will die and the good Americans will be the victors.

kwg

A couple of hundred of the right ones would save countless thousands of lives.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by StGeorger

He is part of it. But he isn't who brought this to our door.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"...the whole world lies in the power of the Evil one."
1 John 5:19

The only hope is Jesus.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by StGeorger

He is part of it. But he isn't who brought this to our door.

You're right. It started more than one hundred years ago. The power plays actually began in the late 1880s, when the "powers" of industry, manufacturing, banking, transportation, etc., joined together to become the "rulers" of America. That power has been being cemented ever since. Many years ago, the great novelist, Mark Twain, wrote a novel about it: The Gilded Age. Very prescient.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
In my many years of experience, when everyone is preaching doom and gloom there is only one right move - buy stocks.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by walt501
In my many years of experience, when everyone is preaching doom and gloom there is only one right move - buy stocks.
Yep - then chipsNdips and a pepsi

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JeffO approves of this.... as does BuzzH, Eric308 and all of our other resident commies

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've read many of VDH's books. He's a brilliant guy and also very rooted in the common sense that comes from having been a farmer as well as an academic. I can't disagree with this essay.

We haven't gone over the cliff yet, but we're getting pretty close. Let's hope the American people have enough sense and will to make the changes needed to recover from the insanity and chaos.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
... and I do not see a way out. .... I am just positive we are on the brink of the precipice

We are on The Brink for sure, but watch what happens............

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This piece is very well reasoned and sweeping in its scope- the examples so accurate and powerful. It is not that many have not recently noted various aspects illuminated there by Hanson - some on this site have addressed and discussed such things quite well - but this article seems to far surpass past alarms. How may people known to you and I will be truly interested in reading and understanding it - and invest the time and effort needed to do so?

Upon digesting it, how could any freedom loving, thoughtful and sensible American not be further shaken to the point of action? What percentage of the people you (and I) know would not be so moved? Those answers are ultra important.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
This piece is very well reasoned and sweeping in its scope- the examples so accurate and powerful. It is not that many have not recently noted various aspects illuminated there by Hanson - some on this site have addressed and discussed such things quite well - but this article seems to far surpass past alarms. How may people known to you and I will be truly interested in reading and understanding it - and invest the time and effort needed to do so?

Upon digesting it, how could any freedom loving, thoughtful and sensible American not be further shaken to the point of action? What percentage of the people you (and I) know would not be so moved? Those answers are ultra important.

Brother this very site is full of normies that haven't a clue.... I try to fight with them...

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Very good article that hits home.

What is the solution?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by k22hornet
Very good article that hits home.

What is the solution?

Good question!
Thing is we let the left control the narrative and language.
They sit in their circle jerk of like minded liberal sheep repeating talking points and virtue signaling over them and never getting challenged..... so it's our job to challenge them, best to do it in public, on a forum or before a crowd!
Speak the truth, don't be afraid!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,830
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.