Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bought one to try, already have an rcbs one.
Anyone else try one?
Supposed to work on 17 to 338 lapua.

[Linked Image from images.coreware.com]

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Looks like it sucks. Good luck.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That was extremely painful to watch. Guess he never heard of Kroil and cutting oil.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to wonder if those who think it doesn't work aren't reading instructions. Or something.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The second video was far better than the first! Seems to me the new remover works great! I would suggest a three minute of less video on how not to stick a case! I've got the RCBS remover and got it because I stuck a case years ago, Get a couple stuck then learn to lube the case and the problem goes away! Easy way to learn to lube the case, get a couple stuck and throw away the die with the case and go buy new dies! You'll either learn to lube or give up reloading!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DonFischer
The second video was far better than the first! Seems to me the new remover works great! I would suggest a three minute of less video on how not to stick a case! I've got the RCBS remover and got it because I stuck a case years ago, Get a couple stuck then learn to lube the case and the problem goes away! Easy way to learn to lube the case, get a couple stuck and throw away the die with the case and go buy new dies! You'll either learn to lube or give up reloading!

Bingo. 👍👍

Swifty
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by DonFischer

Bingo. 👍👍
Seen way more cases stuck (other reloaders, I’ve been lucky so far) using spray lube. I use Imperial sizing lube and it’s the very best.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I tend to agree--but Forster recently introduced their High Pressure Case Sizing Lubricant, and sent me a sample. Tested it quite a bit and so far it has worked as well as Imperial.

The Franklin stuck case remover looks like a good deal too!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I tend to agree--but Forster recently introduced their High Pressure Case Sizing Lubricant, and sent me a sample. Tested it quite a bit and so far it has worked as well as Imperial.

The Franklin stuck case remover looks like a good deal too!

Bought some Creedmore Sports sizing wax in a 2 oz tin couple years back looks just like Imperial in the 2 oz tin. Works the same but has a screw on lid.

Swifty
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Swifty52
That was extremely painful to watch. Guess he never heard of Kroil and cutting oil.

After watching Brownell's video I have come to the conclusion that You Tube Johnny is a moron.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
That's not exactly uncommon among YouTubers....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
They are more common than not.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The couple of times I’ve had stuck cases to deal with I’ve drilled and tapped the case and used a bushing and washer set up to very easily pull the case out with the mechanical advantage afforded by a machine screw thread.

Mathew 22: 37-39

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
cra1948
That works for me; I usually use a Hornady tool now, But in all instances, I soak the case in Kroil for 1/2 hour before I do anything-except cuss

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I just drill and use a screw to jack the case out. I don't get many and usually it's because I didn't get enough lube on a case that was shot out of an AR.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Imperial sizing wax is the answer, a little on the exterior and a Q-tip wipe inside the neck and stuck cases will be a thing of the past. The drill & tap style remover works every time, lube the tap and use a tap wrench and the case will come right out.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Imperial sizing wax is the answer, a little on the exterior and a Q-tip wipe inside the neck and stuck cases will be a thing of the past. The drill & tap style remover works every time, lube the tap and use a tap wrench and the case will come right out.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
☝️☝️☝️

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
the little device might work awesome might work better than the thread tap and such I have no idea. about 37 to 8 years of reloading
and God knows how many cases I have lubed and sized. some years more some years less but it guarantee you as well over 100,000 maybe 200,000 have no real idea but I have never stuck a case..
that may be my jinx and I do it tomorrow or tonight. but damn if it's going in the up stroke that stiff quit pushing up pull it out and read lube stuff or something figure out the problem..

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Have been handloading 58 years now, and some years (especially in the past 25) have loaded at least 10,000 rifle rounds.

Have stuck 4, if my memory is correct, and the last one was deliberately while testing a supposedly magical tool that would take 'em right out. I deliberately stuck a case by lubing one with Imperial, then resizing unlubed case until one stuck. Might have taken 4-5 cases, and the magic tool would not pull it out, even though the press was a Redding Big Boss II--which has more leverage than any other press I've used.

Hadn't stuck a case in so many years I couldn't find my "unsticking" kit--which I'd probably acquired at least 2-3 houses ago. So went down to the local hardware store and spent something like $2.50 buying the stuff necessary to pull it out--basically a thread/tap deal. Still have that "kit" hanging inside a plastic bag above my primary press, but so far haven't needed it again.....

But will comment again that the Franklin tool looks like a quicker and easier way for those unfortunate to have it happen.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve had exactly one case stuck in 45 years of reloading. The head of the case broke off by the force exerted by the Redding UltraMag - pulled the head right off the case when I tried to “unstick it”. Had to send the die into Redding to have it removed. They polished it and sent it back with a note “don’t use Hornady One-Shot” lube anymore. How they knew that’s what I used is beyond me. Must be a recurring thing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, akpls, AKislander, Akhutr, 450yukon, 12 invisible), 1,544 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,535
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.