Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've known a few conservative's that had some liberal ideas over the years. I don't like anyone with radical liberal ideas but I do listen to what they say now and then. Don't have to agree with them but now and then a liberal has a conservative idea weather they know it or not. have to say about the liberal mind set. Seems they are all willing to fight for what they believe in. Conservative Republican's don't fight much at all for what they claim to believe in!

Last edited by DonFischer; 01/10/24.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Being a guy that is a conservative, I’ve had a handful of liberal friends. I do home improvements for a living so I have to keep some of my thoughts to myself. Anyhow, I knew a women who I did work for on occasion and she was an extreme liberal and even had the bumper sticker to go with it. I knew her for about 45 years. She passed a few years ago. When I worked for her, I had the key to her house, always had food in the refer for me and was always invited to Thanksgiving dinner and others. I never wore my NRA hat around her as she hated them. We never talked politics. She never spent any money on herself, worked all her life in Banking. One of the best people I’ve ever had the privilege of knowing. Her name was Rose. Have a few friends that are Dems but I just dont relate to them well, but I understood Rose. That’s all, Alan

I knew an older lady named Rose that worked in banking in Nor Cal.

Proud NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Good acquaintances but never a friend. I have a liberal daughter and son-in-law and I find difficulty in communicating past a certain level.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Friendship is based on respect and trust. So when you have a hard time respecting someone's view point it's damned hard to trust them. They are not your friends and don't need to even be acquaintance s. You know who you are and when you experience the above you know who they aren't.

Well said.

I have found Liberals to be Users with few exceptions. I won't even do repair work for them anymore.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
In law’s that are 95% conservative and pull the blue handle every f ing time. 20:2 at gatherings, so you won’t hear a peep out of them….btw some of the nicest people you could run across, give you the shirt right off their backs.

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
How the fug do you make friends with someone who wants to give away your constitutional rights and your freedom? ( pulling the blue handle ) Come on I got to hear it
.mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 01/10/24.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
How the fug do you make friends with someone who wants to give away your constitutional rights and your freedom? ( pulling the blue handle ) Come on I got to hear it
.mb

Well they’re my mother and father in law….so..

I just run with that we have the votes tied down here in Missouri.

My wife did wear this around her parents several times. Hehe

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess I’m not as fortunate as some on here.

Only a few friends.

Many acquaintances..
many co-workers…
Relatives…

But only a few friends.

No coincidence, we were raised together, grew up together, have similar Beliefs.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have friends on both sides, most of them are able to have a conversation involving politics. we face the fact upfront, they are not likely to change my mind and I don't expect to change theirs.
I have found legitimate learned misconceptions and maybe I have some, example is during the AR ban debate here in WA a dem friend had no idea AR's had a hunting purpose. She has never shot a gun and thought they were only good for mass shootings.
Other times I am totally speechless at what I encounter.
One thing that amazes me is when they get fed up with their own kind and move here to get away from it, then try to change things here to match it.
Same story for illegals.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No friends, because I can choose. I do have some family members on my wife's side though.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I do, mostly because almost everyone is to the left of me politically.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sure.

From shared experiences, mostly.

99% of my relationships are not based on politics.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a number of liberal associates. I have no liberal friends.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not even associates. My friends these days are all shooters and/or hunters who also realize everything is going to Hell via the Democrats and RINOs. If by chance an active Liberal should happen my way, I’d just steer clear as I simply can’t keep my mouth shut when they start spouting their nonsense, and they simply can’t keep from spouting it.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
No, its unlikely I would ever become friends with one. I do have family that are libs. I always say you get to pick your friends but your stuck with family.

Over the years it was just learned that politics wasn't a subject we should talk about the few times we get together. They aren't changing my mind and Im not changing theirs.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm a loner type person - not friends with any liberals.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
No. I have liberal family members (cousins) but I haven't spoken to them in several years.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No I don't. It's not that I even have to make a choice in the matter as they make it on their own. I hate what liberalism stands for and is trying to do and everything about my life reflects that. I never go out of my way to say things just to insult them but at the same time will not hold back or hide my views. With that being said they seem to hate my guts and stay away, which is fine with me.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I won’t say I’ve had friends that were libs but I’ve had my share of customers I knew pretty well that were libs. Being in industrial sales I bought a lot of lunches and got to know people. I asked one lib customer about gun laws, gun control with high crime rates like Chicago what he thought. His response was it’s working in some places. I wanted to ask where but he was a good customer and didn’t want to take it to far.

Most of the younger people I worked with were lib climate change refugees want to be’s.

I’ve been lucky and really haven’t had to interact to much with libs.

I worked for a large industrial control system company, oil refining, chem plants etc. When I was getting my Six Sigma training in the early Obama days we had a lib black women Eng in our group. We had to come up with a Six Sigma project that actually turned a profit for the company. This lib black gal was trying to make it a political statement about blacks, Obama being elected etc. By luck see was moved from our group. She was a piece of work. I was team lead and came up with an idea on optimized gasoline and diesel blending. I asked her point black what Barack Obama had to do with blending solutions for oil Refiners in North America other than EPA restrictions. I can’t recall her answer but it wasn’t even close to being on point. It’s hard to carry on in intelligent conversation with a lib, they make no sense.

Thanks, Billy
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had a business partner who was a Lib. He became an angry ruthless tyrant. The employees hated him, the vendors hated him, and worst off, the customers hated him. Everything was a battle and a fight. He was always going the opposite direction that my brother and I were going. He was destroying us from within. We bought him out in 2014. Life is too short.

Never ever go into business with a liberal. For starters, they have no idea how and why capitalism works. It simply does not compute in their brains. Liberals will destroy everything that they touch and they're pissed off at the world.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 01/10/24.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,754 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,420
Posts18,528,297
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.