OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Anyone have this? $50/ month.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
A lady I go to church with has it with no issues. When it is available where I live I’ll say goodbye to Frontier.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I went through a private provider that uses T Mobile. We have a T mobile hot spot at our lake House. I could have went directly to T Mobile but it wouldn’t have been a near unlimited plan. Sure wouldn’t have had the same service. We have an issue this guy comes to the house and fix’s the issue, replaces equipment and does things like your supposed to. He is an older guy, code slinger from early days of computers. I told him once, you know you do this different than most technology providers. He said I’ve forgot more about technology than most people know and there only one way to dot hints and it called the right way. We used this guy for 5 years and he has not raised our price one dollar. At first he was using ATT but they cancelled his contract and he switched over to T Mobile.

Thanks, Billy
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We tried T-Mobile for a cel phone provider. Horrible experience - easily the worst we've ever had. Never again...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JGray
We tried T-Mobile for a cel phone provider. Horrible experience - easily the worst we've ever had. Never again...

Yes. Their network sucks.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JGray

Same here… then I learned I could use a iPhone for a hotspot…. Verizon unlimited… $50 a month covers both my phone and internet useage…
ETA…same price for the past 8-9 years

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 01/10/24.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Depends on where you intend to use any Cel service, I tried T-Mobile , good folks to deal with in our area, but our "in the woods" physical location was not good for their signal/service for actual use. We use Verizon, we do not like using them, but it is a have or do not have, situation for us. Our options are very limited with rolling hills, trees and nearest small town 30 miles away. Cel signals and thus service is all line of sight. Cel signals do not like hills or green tall things between you and the tower. The Verizon radio service worked in the field, in Argentina, cel service, nada.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've had TMobile for at least 6 years and it works for me just fine. The network coverage has steadily improved over the years and I rarely have dropped calls. I family member got their 5G internet service in a metro area and it is working well for her.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 240NMC
I've had TMobile for at least 6 years and it works for me just fine. The network coverage has steadily improved over the years and I rarely have dropped calls. I family member got their 5G internet service in a metro area and it is working well for her.

Switched to TMobile from Verizon. Service is great, prices much better than Verizon. No issues.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Same here switched from verizon to Tmobil about 3 years ago the service and coverage is on par with verizon for me ....We have Tmobile internet at work and it works great and fast!!!Better than spectrum for sure

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My sister has T Mobile internet, and is happy with it. Good network, good customer service.

I have been using T Mobile phone service and am very happy with it. Left ATT, and am glad I did.

Be not weary in well doing.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
T-Mobile Home Internet for $50 per month is a great deal if you have the coverage. We have been using it for a couple years and it's the best service we have had, since we cannot get cable or fiber. There is no equipment fee, no installation fee, unlimited usage and the unit gives wifi through the house. On a couple occasions, there have been some signal drops from time to time, but they worked it out. When I signed up, the deal was 50 for the service with autopay, via credit card. 6 months ago, they stopped allowing a CC to be used for autopay, they wanted a debit card or your bank account number to auto withdraw. I said no f**king way, so I now pay each month 55 bucks with my credit card online. I don't use debit cards and no way I would give up my bank account number.

I also had a bad time years ago with T-Mobile phone service, and almost didn't try this internet, but it has been good.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Our main issue with T-Mobile was coverage - worked fine close to home, but 30-50 miles away and still close to smaller towns where ATT and Verizon worked fine, we had no service. Then our local T-Mobile support store was absolutely aweful - lying SOB's. We happily paid $2k to drop them within 2 months after not being able to get put of their contract.

On the other hand, Hutterite colonies around Choteau swear by T-Mobile and won't use anything else. Apparently better coverage up there than other providers, including Verizon. We're with Spectrum now for cel and internet. Equivalent to Verizon as far as we can tell, and a lot less $.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We use T-Mobile home internet. The device is about the size of a brick of 22s. Wife works from home and is in video conferences all day long. Kids stream tv and movies. Zero issues. $50/month.

We tried using it at 2 nightly rental condos we have in Branson. T-Mobile said it wouldn’t work there, but our testing showed it did so ordered another unit. T-Mobile was right, it wouldn’t work well enough for reliable usage. But we have taken the one from home on trips or to softball tournaments for the kids and it has worked well most places. It isn’t supposed to be “portable”. But it can be.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have been using it for about 3 months. It is better than cable internet I had previously and costs 50 a month.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What kind of speeds are you all getting?

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Switched to TMobile from Verizon. Service is great, prices much better than Verizon. No issues.

I thought T-Mobil & Verizon were the same outfit nowadays ? Seems like someone here on the Campfire posted that last year ? Maybe I’m mistaken. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Had T-Mobile for several years now. Works fine for me.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I did the free trial and just cancelled my cable yesterday. It was so nice to kick that cable bill to the curb!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I thought T-Mobil & Verizon were the same outfit nowadays ? Seems like someone here on the Campfire posted that last year ? Maybe I’m mistaken. 😬
T-Mobile joined with Sprint.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,492 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,194
Posts18,485,002
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.