Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Evolving convertible pickups?

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/12/gm-releases-fix-for-2024-chevy-silverado-roof-panel-split/

GM Releases Fix For 2024 Chevy Silverado Roof Panel Split

General Motors has released a Customer Satisfaction Program for certain units of the 2024 Chevy Silverado 1500 and the Silverado HD over an issue with a split roof panel on the passenger side.

Select 2024 Silverado 1500 and Silverado HD trucks may have a condition where the roof panel on the passenger’s side may split, thus requiring immediate attention. Certified GM technicians are to inspect the passenger-side roof panel and MIG weld the split panel as necessary.

It’s worth noting that The General has implemented a stop delivery order for affected Silverado 1500 and Silverado HD units. Not until the service procedure has been performed will the vehicle be released from stop delivery and be delivered to the customer.

https://motortrends.net/news/gm-recall-silverado-sierra-rooftop-defects-detected/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Like the Pearl Bodean's Dodge Truck?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Was it Ford or Chevy that used to climb the big pile of rocks with the other truck strapped to the bed sideways?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
They should have a program to pay for the thousands of bad lifters in the ls motors. Mine cost me 5000 dollars with less than 70000 miles. Edk

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
$5000 for some lifters?

That’s where ya need a crack mechanic for $300 and a carton of Kools.

Did that truck have a shît ton of idle hours on it? Starving oil on the top of the valve train?

I’ll never bid on a hemi cop car, they let sit for 10 hours a day at a bridge project blasting the ac with the woo woo lights goin. Starving the top side at idle.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by ERK
They should have a program to pay for the thousands of bad lifters in the ls motors. Mine cost me 5000 dollars with less than 70000 miles. Edk

And they just put the same junk lifters right back in for them to fail again

The LT motors have them too

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
$5000 for some lifters?

Did that truck have a shît ton of idle hours on it? Starving oil on the top of the valve train?

I’ll never bid on a hemi cop car, they let sit for 10 hours a day at a bridge project blasting the ac with the woo woo lights goin. Starving the top side at idle.

Its the fuel management crap and these lifters were designed for it, 4 cylinders to 8 cylinders, when they switch to 8 there isn't enough oil sometimes and things go south quick.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by ERK

Thats why they make delete kits. Delete kit and a flash itll never happen again. Stay away from dealers.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
No idle hours hardly at all. I have a heated garage so warmup is unnecessary. The thing is that the heads have to come off to change the lifters in the newer engines. I got rid of it and have a Ford now. Just because. 5 coyote motor. Fingers crossed. Edk

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
$5000 for some lifters?

Changing lifters in those is a pain, gotta pull the heads, but still a DIY.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What year did the gm v8s start having the lifter and valve problems. I've heard of several people having issues the last few years. The girls that redesigned them to help meet the ESG goals must have made an mistake somewhere.

Or deliberately build obsolescence into the last of the V8s before they try to force everyone to EVs. I know GM has been really pushing their turbo 4 in the half tons. They say it almost gets 1 mpg better fuel economy than the 5.3. Ford stopped putting iron cylinder liners in the 5.0 in about 2018 and went to plasma deposit over aluminum. Ram is stopping the hemis soon too. Government control of the auto industry will soon have us all driving electri Lana's.

Bb

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by ERK

Thats why they make delete kits. Delete kit and a flash itll never happen again. Stay away from dealers.

It's not really a "delete" kit. I have it. It's called Pulsar LT. It is actually a signal bypass to stay in V8 mode all of the time. You disconnect the harness and put this jumper in. You set it up with the cruise control paddle. I only have 30,000 on my 2021 5.3, but it never runs in anything but 8 cylinders. I can simply unplug it from the harness under the hood, and it goes back to factory settings. There is no downloading a program and uploading a program. Problem is, the lifters are still in it. Someone will come out with a replacement lifter setup, but until then, this is what i have.

For those that don't know, the GM lifters can activate 80 times per second. That's a lot of cycles on a part that already moves the most. I don't think you could come up with something more stupid than activating/deactivating lifters to save on fuel.

Wish I had bought a 3/4 ton with the 6.6. It runs on all 8 all of the time with normal lifters. I don't necessarily need a 3/4 ton, but the peace of mind would have been worth the lack of gas mileage.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My 2017 Silverado has had a Range AFM bypass module plugged in since it was new. Works like a charm. Unplug it from the OBD port and it goes back to AFM (but I never unplug it).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BLG
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by ERK

It's not really a "delete" kit. I have it. It's called Pulsar LT. It is actually a signal bypass to stay in V8 mode all of the time. You disconnect the harness and put this jumper in. You set it up with the cruise control paddle. I only have 30,000 on my 2021 5.3, but it never runs in anything but 8 cylinders. I can simply unplug it from the harness under the hood, and it goes back to factory settings. There is no downloading a program and uploading a program. Problem is, the lifters are still in it. Someone will come out with a replacement lifter setup, but until then, this is what i have.

For those that don't know, the GM lifters can activate 80 times per second. That's a lot of cycles on a part that already moves the most. I don't think you could come up with something more stupid than activating/deactivating lifters to save on fuel.

Wish I had bought a 3/4 ton with the 6.6. It runs on all 8 all of the time with normal lifters. I don't necessarily need a 3/4 ton, but the peace of mind would have been worth the lack of gas mileage.

Clyde

No, you misundertood. I have a Range Technologies on mine.

When I said delete kit, I mean DELETE kit...

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-18932-ls-53-dod-delete-kit-w-camshaft-for-07-13-gm-models.aspx

If yur gonna "fix" em by putting the same damn parts in its not a fix.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by auk1124
My 2017 Silverado has had a Range AFM bypass module plugged in since it was new. Works like a charm. Unplug it from the OBD port and it goes back to AFM (but I never unplug it).

Same on my '11. Only time I unplug it is to pass emissions. Which when I unplug it all sensors have to be reset. Was a bitch til I figured out how to set all but one without drivin the damn thing 300 miles and 5 cycles. Now 30 miles, let it sit overnight, cold start let it idle 5 minutes and all but one set. Im allowed one off to pass. Once they slap the sticker on the RT goes back on for another year.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ERK

You can thank the EPA for mandating MDS systems for increased fuel mileage and reduced emissions.

A smart man has it turned off.

Originally Posted by ERK
No idle hours hardly at all. I have a heated garage so warmup is unnecessary. The thing is that the heads have to come off to change the lifters in the newer engines. I got rid of it and have a Ford now. Just because. 5 coyote motor. Fingers crossed. Edk

Got some bad news for you.......The Coyote engine has MDS as well.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jake's 48 Jeep is simpler.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

361 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 31 invisible), 2,040 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,064
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.