Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://www.thenewstribune.com/entertainment/restaurants/tnt-diner/article283973633.html

‘This loss is immeasurable.’ Co-founder of Tacoma’s Howdy Bagel killed in New Orleans BY KRISTINE SHERREDAND PETER TALBOT UPDATED JANUARY 08, 2024 5:35 PM A memorial in honor of Howdy Bagel co-founder Jake Carter grew at the restaurant entrance, 5421 South Tacoma Way in Tacoma on Sunday, Jan. 7, 2024. Carter was fatally shot in New Orleans on Jan. 5. KRISTINE SHERRED The News Tribune

The co-founder of Tacoma’s beloved Howdy Bagel, 32-year-old Jacob Carter, was killed Friday in a shooting in New Orleans, according to the city’s coroner’s office. He was traveling on vacation with his husband.

The New Orleans Police Department responded at about 1:30 a.m. to calls of an unresponsive male near the intersection of Bourbon Street and Kerlerec Street in the Marigny neighborhood. Few details were immediately available about the incident. According to police, the suspected shooter approached Carter, shot him and fled. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office confirmed Monday that Carter was the victim. Police did not immediately respond to phone calls from The News Tribune, but it appears that no arrests have been made.

In a phone call with The News Tribune Monday morning, Carter’s husband and business partner Daniel Blagovich said they were attacked. “He died in my arms,” he said. Howdy Bagel, which grew from a farmers market sensation in 2021 to a wildly popular brick-and-mortar restaurant at 5421 South Tacoma Way last summer, first announced the death on its Instagram page. Jake Carter, right, created Howdy Bagel with his husband Daniel Blagovich, left. Carter was fatally shot while they were traveling in New Orleans Jan. 5. Cheyenne Boone cboonethenewstribune.com “If you knew Jake, you know he was someone who exuded kindness, warmth, and genuine care to everyone he met,” it read. “Jake was one of the brightest spots in the lives of everyone he loved. This loss is immeasurable for our community.”

The storefront has closed temporarily to allow Blagovich time to navigate the situation, the post continued, asking for donations to support the shop’s staff. “Daniel and Jacob have been continually blown away and grateful for the ways that this community has rallied together to support Howdy Bagel. We know that in this difficult season, you will all continue to show up with love and support,” it said. The GoFundMe, organized by Stevi Hamill and Scout McLaughlin, requested $50,000 but within 24 hours had amassed nearly $150,000.

Carter, who was born and raised in Texas, created Howdy Bagel with Blagovich, from West Seattle, after they were both laid off from their jobs during the pandemic. As a proudly queer company that also baked delightful bagels and sandwiches with housemade ingredients, it took off, with fans waiting in line for hours at the Proctor Farmers Market and pop-ups throughout Tacoma and occasionally Seattle.

Read more at: https://www.thenewstribune.com/ente...iner/article283973633.html#storylink=cpy

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Another fudge packer achieves room temperature- - - - -when does the party start?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
They sure wouldn't hold that against him on Bourbon one end of it is all queer. NO is a dangerous city. I watched local news every morning at work in the gulf. Most nights there were murders and shootings. Some nights multiple shootings. I suspect they hide some of their statistics because they re!y heavily on tourism.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A homocide in New Orleans! I don’t believe it!

Only one of about 200-250?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Loose morals abound.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder if Cheyenne Boone regrets the phrase “Daniel and Jacob have been continually blown away..." in her blog.

I'd bet there's a lot more to the story than simply being a random act. Two gays prowling the French Quarter after midnight raises eyebrows.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Sexual deviants can be violent. If one chooses to jump in the middle of that looney bin, you take your chances.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by MadMooner
A homocide in New Orleans! I don’t believe it!

Only one of about 200-250?
Breaking news.

Water is wet.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Sexual deviants can be violent. If one chooses to jump in the middle of that looney bin, you take your chances.
Hit job by the "partner".

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'll bet that wasn't a random shooting ..........

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From The Article - " ... In a phone call with The News Tribune Monday morning, Carter’s husband and business partner Daniel Blagovich said they were attacked. ..."

If Carter's "husband" had been a truly "loving husband," he'd have been carrying a pistol to protect his "wife." After all, it is New Orleans and Bourbon Street. Always been known as a dangerous place to wander around in at night.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Something about dogs and fleas.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Sad situation for sure, should have been more aware of his surroundings . Bet his husband had him "wacked off" .Sorry could not help myself. Who the hell is giving them all that money on the "go fund me "? And why? I just don't understand society anymore.... Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Deceased guy on the right.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gayer than AIDS.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It’s been dangerous forever

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nothing but bad happens in NO after dark. Used to go there all the time to Pat O’Brien’s and the Gold Mine and Cat’s Meow. That was in the early ‘90s when my wife and I were dating. Even got married at One Canal Place. Now, no way. I doubt it was anything other than a robbery gone bad. They kill indiscriminately. They don’t need a reason.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by POKERFACE6
Sad situation for sure, should have been more aware of his surroundings . Bet his husband had him "wacked off" .Sorry could not help myself. Who the hell is giving them all that money on the "go fund me "? And why? I just don't understand society anymore.... Joe
Money from stupid white women, a thriving business. Win, uh...lose. You think the "survivor" cares?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I would not be out there at night. No damn way

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He's not gay anymore.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 35 invisible), 11,936 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,237
Posts18,544,231
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.