Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Morewood
Another vote for Russian. A sturdy young babushka.
Another vote for Russian. A sturdy young babushka.

I thought babushkas were the older ladies with 2 layers of wool sweaters, heavy skirts, and pantyhose! You can tell the pantyhose cause when they fart their ankles swell!

JoeMama Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by viking
Originally Posted by hanco
Tons of women here, why go to all that trouble. You are asking for trouble!!!
Originally Posted by hanco
Tons of women here, why go to all that trouble. You are asking for trouble!!!

lol. Most of them are trouble. Ex’s, Brat kids, baggage…. Cheating bitches…

The top two questions cut to the core of the problem.

If things go all Weimar Republic or Soviets-invade-Eastern Germany, then there are some characteristics you want to avoid at all costs.
-Lazy and unwilling to do what needs to be done, even if it is dirty or cold or breaks their fingernails
-Unable to see what is because they live in a world of "should-be"
-So addicted to social affirmation that they cannot leave their girl-friends
-Did I mention "entitled"?

If you want to be successful in a free-fall into 1880-to-1920 technology, surround yourself with skill-players who played the game at that level.

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
JoeMama Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by JoeMama
So, if you had to pick a country-of-origin for a mail-order-bride to be an asset to the family during civil disorder and a rapid retrograde to 1920 technology....which country would it be?

Thanks a million.

-Joe

If you're writing a story about a man's son showing up with something that could be an asset to the family after the collapse, you need to be asking about mules,....not wives.

Only if they are stump-broke.

"Frankly, Leftennant, most men just ride it into town...."

JoeMama Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Grumman
Why not a local Amish girl?

(Chuckling) The mother-ship is a group of militant Amish (Danube Swabians) that the pacifist Amish don't have much truck with.

Looking for a little bit of out-crossing vigor.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffA
Filipino women have big needy families that require lots of cash to be shipped 'back home'.

Most of them pretty good workers though, if ya can afford to support their families.

And they’ll probably divorce yer ass as soon as they get their citizenship. Had a buddy that happened to.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
As I understand it, there are thousands of Ukrainian women looking for new homes.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
Someone from the former Jugoslavia that lived through the break-up.

Need someone handy with a weapon, can run Ham-ops network, and make killer bread in austere circumstances.

Absolutely "killer" suggestion. Croatia?

Bosnian - Survivor of the siege of Sarajevo. Great city: readers will recognize from 84 winter Olympics and older ones will recognize its part in WWI kicking off. It's the Jerusalem of Europe - you'll have a Mosque, Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Church and a Synagogue in the same area. Don't know how deep you'll go on background story but the town is like 80% Bosniak (Bosnian-Muslim) and only 5% Croatian, Serbs are like 4% with the rest "other". So odds are she's Bosniak by ethnicity but likely very flexible on that and converted to be with the boy. The Bosniaks I knew and worked with - they're Muslim in name mostly, not so much as a hard core like we think of in the Middle East. Hell I knew a Bosniak female that was reading the Quran in the bathtub, fell asleep and drowned the book. Destroyed. Females aren't even supposed to touch it much less read it.

Bosniaks can be very "flexible" in belief (how they became Bosniaks to begin with and why the Serbs hate them so much) and that likely fits stories then.

Then again - ham-op networks are more Serbian in execution, less so Bosniak from my experience so that part might not jive. Call it "artistic license"

Me

JoeMama Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Read the original post. This is a post apocalyptic scenario fantasy short story. GFC

Still working on the lead-in. Things are about where they are now +12 months. At a macro level, the election is a hot-mess. The dollar lost world-reserve currency status and inflation is +100%. Cities are burning. Suburbs are burning. All of the usual suspects are being rounded up and being made object lessons of. But at the level of the story, very little of that is known. The group is very isolated, sort of like Gilligan's Island. But they are about to get a [bleep]-ton of people dropping in looking for a safe-haven.

JoeMama Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LBP
I want this one from Russia!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Shade in the summer, warmth in the winter. At least she doesn't have worms. If she was a Hereford, we would call her "a easy keeper"

JoeMama Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Someone from the former Jugoslavia that lived through the break-up.

Need someone handy with a weapon, can run Ham-ops network, and make killer bread in austere circumstances.

Absolutely "killer" suggestion. Croatia?

Bosnian - Survivor of the siege of Sarajevo. Great city: readers will recognize from 84 winter Olympics and older ones will recognize its part in WWI kicking off. It's the Jerusalem of Europe - you'll have a Mosque, Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Church and a Synagogue in the same area. Don't know how deep you'll go on background story but the town is like 80% Bosniak (Bosnian-Muslim) and only 5% Croatian, Serbs are like 4% with the rest "other". So odds are she's Bosniak by ethnicity but likely very flexible on that and converted to be with the boy. The Bosniaks I knew and worked with - they're Muslim in name mostly, not so much as a hard core like we think of in the Middle East. Hell I knew a Bosniak female that was reading the Quran in the bathtub, fell asleep and drowned the book. Destroyed. Females aren't even supposed to touch it much less read it.

Bosniaks can be very "flexible" in belief (how they became Bosniaks to begin with and why the Serbs hate them so much) and that likely fits stories then.

Then again - ham-op networks are more Serbian in execution, less so Bosniak from my experience so that part might not jive. Call it "artistic license"

Thanks Mr Blue Green (or is it Green Blue?)

Sounds like a winner.

I won't keep you guys up late tonight but will revisit in the morning.

Second-place was a girl who was home-schooled in Alaska by a Texas abuela who taught gunsmithing as a side-line.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Duck not Color

Me

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by LBP
I want this one from Russia!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Shade in the summer, warmth in the winter. At least she doesn't have worms. If she was a Hereford, we would call her "a easy keeper"

If she were a Hereford LOL her legs are larger than a Hereford so…

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Duck not Color

Green or blue wing?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Read the original post. This is a post apocalyptic scenario fantasy short story. GFC
GFC... Global financing crisis?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Why can we only have one? Why not one of each? Put me down for the whole "6 pack".

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Mexico. They know what getting married means.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Best case would be from the Isle of Lesbos. Maybe they would not reproduce.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Mexico. They know what getting married means.

Lolol

MAGA
M
MMM Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
A nice sturdy gal with skills, some nice assets, she can catch and cook crawfish. I would be all in.

Last edited by MMM; 01/11/24.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I say have some fun with it. Your reader will expect her to be Eastern European because of the stereotype. Make her some kind of prima donna but let her character evolve when she realizes she has to pull the trigger or die.

Then make her kill someone with an axe to protect the family. And not sloppily, so maybe there’s a question about her past. She knows how to swing an axe and when the time came she didn’t hesitate. No one had to tell her what to do.

Much more engaging than a trope.

And give me credit for the idea.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 77 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,164
Posts18,484,441
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.