-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 117 of 254 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 253 254
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire fun back in the day when there were lots of shooters.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
We had gusts to 38 MPH.

It was a rough one but we had a lot of fun.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Didn't stay to watch fights?.....

Fed cows, cleaned up some blown down trees, pulled the altenator from my pickup and had a couple beers with my brother who is flying back to Vegas right now.
Didn't make the shoot but at least I have a little better excuse than sleepy Sheridan.....laughin'

Nice shootin' Burns!
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
c
We had gusts to 38 MPH.

[Linked Image]

Nice shootin John!
Originally Posted by Sendero_man
I was there too...

Very good shooting John, nice to meet ya... see ya at the next one.

I'll get more pics and some video posted up when I have more time... soon.. I promise ! smile

Scott
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Nice shooting, John!
Originally Posted by Ghostwalker
Yes John, that looks like very good shooting...so tell us, what caliber and load?

Originally Posted by Cinch
Just got back from Glasgow! Had a great time, met some great people, saw some amazing shooting! Conditions were terrible, but awesome shots were made by all. I want to personally thank Pat and his family for their kindness, hospitality, and for putting this shoot together. It was great to meet fellow members and learn a bit about doping wind. Another thank you to John Burns for the tips and advice. I'm very much looking forward to doing this again next year!
Yes John, that looks like very good shooting...so tell us, what caliber and load?

I know John will answer too...

It was a 264 Win Mag shooting the 140 VLD's. Very solid platform !
Originally Posted by Waders
1790 yds with your iron-sighted .30-30? You'd have to wait for aircraft to clear before you could shoot or you'd hit one!

Nice shooting John!
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
I know you guys are sorry I couldn't make it, but I had just put a new ivory bead on my 30-30, and the glue wasn't dry yet. Sorry; maybe next time.
Nice shooting, John.
Originally Posted by BobinNH
jeff: John had the Zeiss RF bins,doped the wind(he and my rancher pal agreed on the vels and IIRC they called it at 10 mph....we were shooting John's 264WM and 140 Berger.

John made all the calculations and scope adjustments and all I did was shoot.Both my friend and I were able to hit once the wind was doped correctly.

I do not recall how many minutes off we held at that distance as I had never before shot that far,nor used that style of scope.But I was astonished just how far off you had to hold to hit.

My impression was that doping the conditions was far more difficult than squeezing the trigger (the easy part).I can understand why many LR shooters work in teams.

Just got back from Glasgow! Had a great time, met some great people, saw some amazing shooting! Conditions were terrible, but awesome shots were made by all. I want to personally thank Pat and his family for their kindness, hospitality, and for putting this shoot together. It was great to meet fellow members and learn a bit about doping wind. Another thank you to John Burns for the tips and advice. I'm very much looking forward to doing this again next year!

I know you guys are sorry I couldn't make it, but I had just put a new ivory bead on my 30-30, and the glue wasn't dry yet. Sorry; maybe next time.
Nice shooting, John.
jeff: John had the Zeiss RF bins,doped the wind(he and my rancher pal agreed on the vels and IIRC they called it at 10 mph....we were shooting John's 264WM and 140 Berger.

John made all the calculations and scope adjustments and all I did was shoot.Both my friend and I were able to hit once the wind was doped correctly.

I do not recall how many minutes off we held at that distance as I had never before shot that far,nor used that style of scope.But I was astonished just how far off you had to hold to hit.

My impression was that doping the conditions was far more difficult than squeezing the trigger (the easy part).I can understand why many LR shooters work in teams.
jeff that scope John markets has the hash marks on the horizontal wires,claculated to the particular load in a 10 mph wind.....we just kept shooting through those conditions and it worked pretty good.

Surprising how that bullet can fly down there,being blown so consistently over great distance, shot after shot,if conditions stay consistent..

Big "if", I know smile
Originally Posted by bxroads
What was the weight of Burn's rifle? Was it sub 10 lbs all up as are his rifles that he sells?
I would say it weighs a little lighter than a Sendero. Barrel is slightly smaller. A packable rifle for sure.
Originally Posted by Tom264
.I found new respect for the 264 Win Mag that day grin
He he he he. grin
Cool! Then I'll bet it was the lightest of the long range rigs shooting that day. Awesome hunting rig!

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks, Brother Burns.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
#thewizard

#224,000views

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The plural of antidotal/testimonial is not data

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Etoh
The plural of antidotal/testimonial is not data

It's proof you are a liar when you claimed I won't shoot in front of 24hr Campfire members. wink

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

We had gusts to 38 MPH.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Didn't stay to watch fights?.....

Fed cows, cleaned up some blown down trees, pulled the altenator from my pickup and had a couple beers with my brother who is flying back to Vegas right now.
Didn't make the shoot but at least I have a little better excuse than sleepy Sheridan.....laughin'

Nice shootin' Burns!
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
c
We had gusts to 38 MPH.

[Linked Image]

Nice shootin John!
I was there too...

Very good shooting John, nice to meet ya... see ya at the next one.

I'll get more pics and some video posted up when I have more time... soon.. I promise ! smile

Scott
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Nice shooting, John!

Originally Posted by Waders
1790 yds with your iron-sighted .30-30? You'd have to wait for aircraft to clear before you could shoot or you'd hit one!

Nice shooting John!
Nice shooting, John.

Nice shooting, John.

jeff that scope John markets has the hash marks on the horizontal wires,claculated to the particular load in a 10 mph wind.....we just kept shooting through those conditions and it worked pretty good.

Surprising how that bullet can fly down there,being blown so consistently over great distance, shot after shot,if conditions stay consistent..

Big "if", I know smile
What was the weight of Burn's rifle? Was it sub 10 lbs all up as are his rifles that he sells?
I would say it weighs a little lighter than a Sendero. Barrel is slightly smaller. A packable rifle for sure.
Originally Posted by Tom264
.I found new respect for the 264 Win Mag that day grin
He he he he. grin
Cool! Then I'll bet it was the lightest of the long range rigs shooting that day. Awesome hunting rig!
[/quote]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Just shootin don't mean [bleep], my grandma can do that, it just takes her longer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Etoh
Just shootin don't mean [bleep], my grandma can do that, it just takes her longer.

It's was not just shootin, my LiL Internet Rando without picture, was it?

It was hitting at LR in extreme conditions. A real test of Optic and rifle.

Regarding John's group, how many total rounds were fired at that distance and was it in the 40 mph wind? Such a group at 1790 yards with the stiff cross wind seems nearly impossible.

bxroads, I would say after 3 or 4 rounds to adjust his dope with a spotter John shot that group. And yes, that is a consecutive 3 shot group in the wind. With the help of the experienced people and the quality of our equipment, everyone including the beginners were making some great hits at distance in those terrible conditions.

I sure learned a lot on this trip. In those winds I would have never even went out to shoot normally. Between what I learned on this trip and the experience I gained, I now know that I can successfully make long range hits in those conditions. This trip was a great learning experience for all!

So this Burns guy and his rifles are for real? (grin)

Yes !

So this Burns guy and his rifles are for real? (grin)

bx John is for real and a great guy to boot....he was good enough to teach me a bit about hitting rocks at 1200 yards;not in Montana but in Wyoming last October....and that takes some doing. smile

I have seen John shoot,and have no doubt about his ability with a rifle grin

BX: I'd say so....I mean it was definately portable.....not like a mountain rifle for sure,but if you slung t up you would have no problem transporting it.It was by no means anything ridiculously heavy.I'd say 10 pounds?

Guessing but I would say the barrel seemed like a #4 (?).

But no mistaking it was made to hit stuff at long range, and it did. I think the action was a McMillan.Comfy to shoot as well.....I found new respect for the 264 Win Mag that day grin

Originally Posted by rost495
We had gusts to 38 MPH.

[Linked Image]

NICE shooting John!

Jeff

John Burns

I have all the sources.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
If you say so.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor
Originally Posted by Big Stick
My $2000 Reupold doesn’t track,repeat or hold zero under 22LR live fire. Hint.

To be continued. Hint………..

You should let some one with a good rifle or proper testing tools have a look see.

It'll be fun and what have you got to lose?

You should hold your breath till you pass out

Repeat if necessary

Ok, that’s funny.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see the children with little-men syndrome are still at it.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I see the children with little-men syndrome are still at it.

the human psyche is an amazing thing to behold.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
So old pics and a shoot from what? 13 years ago?
Maybe something from 2023 that shows the rifles and scopes, not to mention the shooter still have the same abilities.

I know I am a little shakier than when I shot in competitions in my 20’s and 30’s, but I also dropped weight over the years and am in better shape physically, so where are some modern pics?

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Partsman
I know I am a little shakier than when I shot in competitions in my 20’s and 30’s, but I also dropped weight over the years and am in better shape physically, so where are some modern pics?

You haven’t posted a single one

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
For whatever reasons,all the storms and mechanical woes missed me. Stranded travelers everywhere and I'm happy to not be in that boat. A fair sized pile of Mail,but I don't see any NightFarces,though I reckon they are likely in Sister's crummy. New Accuracy International AT-X on the couch and I'll either load for it tonight,or in the morning. Have multiple bullet steering devices to shake out and hopefully this weather holds,to allow same. Hint.

To be continued. Hint...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Or a picture of himself working out to a forum full of men.
That was a little bit creepy honestly.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Nope, have the trophies gathering dust in the garage and my lifetime of targets out in the workshop, never felt the need to show off or brag on my successes, so there ya go.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackwagon
Or a picture of himself working out to a forum full of men.

But I think it moved.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nope, have the trophies gathering dust in the garage and my lifetime of targets out in the workshop, never felt the need to show off or brag on my successes, so there ya go.

Post away. Love to see what you accomplished

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
wonder if those two called 6mmCreedmoor?

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

You are so invested in the trophies and picture of others and beg for more content while providing nothing.

I am calling BullShit, Internet Rando SLAVE.

Ask Justin for permission to live and be thankful Justin still allows you to visit 24hr Campfire.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 117 of 254 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 253 254

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 55 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,285
Posts18,525,686
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.