Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
JoeMama Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I say have some fun with it. Your reader will expect her to be Eastern European because of the stereotype. Make her some kind of prima donna but let her character evolve when she realizes she has to pull the trigger or die.

Then make her kill someone with an axe to protect the family. And not sloppily, so maybe there’s a question about her past. She knows how to swing an axe and when the time came she didn’t hesitate. No one had to tell her what to do.

Much more engaging than a trope.

And give me credit for the idea.

P

I have had characters that grabbed the keyboard and started writing the stories for me. It is fun for me when that happens.

The characters that do that have a coherent and plausible back-story. I need to pad this woman's resume to make her work. For instance, if she is in the 20-to-25 year-old range then she was not born yet during the Siege of Sarajevo, so I need at least have some idea of where her family went and what they did for 10 or 20 years before coming over here.

Sarajevo is very urban. Our post-SHTF woman must have rural skills.

She needs to not be afraid of physical work. She needs to be comfortable with getting sweaty, dirty and stinky. No, that isn't one of my "kinks". Thanks for asking. She could be an athlete but farm work isn't the same as pumping iron.

The devil's greatest lie (from The Screwtape Letters) is that there will always be another tomorrow. Women have a strong nesting instinct and are loath to believe their own eyes when they see their area-of-operation go from Code-Yellow to Code-Red. They anchor their families in-place until it is too late. Throw in the fact that the bug-out location doesn't have indoor plumbing and is physically isolated and you have strong resistance to the women processing data and deciding to move.

That means that the vast majority of the people who show up at the bug-out location will be single guys who can drop the apartment keys into the manager's mail-box and walk away.

To keep the story-line interesting I need to have a "family" show up at the bug-out-location early to keep the dynamics from going too high-testosterone.

That means I need a woman who is hyper-sensitive to what is going down. Maybe she was assaulted in her early-teens during civil unrest at the family's bounce location....say Syria and Arab Spring revolutions. Between the family history and living through Arab Spring she would be loading up the truck before her man put down his PBR and got out of his recliner.

Thanks a million to all who responded.

-Joe

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffA
Filipino women have big needy families that require lots of cash to be shipped 'back home'.

Most of them pretty good workers though, if ya can afford to support their families.

They are the friendliest folk you'll ever meet. Always happy but you're right about the "family back home" deal. My youngest brother married one. He's in his early 50s and she is probably in her mid to late 40s. Soon her son from the old country will be coming to Canada and will live with them. I'd take a hard pass on that!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Irving_D
I wonder how the process of a mail order bride works compared to marrying them in their country as far as visas are concerned

Marriage is their ticket to American citizenship.

Gotta watch cause that's all some are after..
Yup. My brother had a friend who met a Filipino girl onlline. He went over there and married her. He told my brother that it cost him something like $25k to get her a US visa. Then she got off the plane with her visa in 1 hand and divorce papers in the other. It cost him another $25k to get rid of her.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Irving_D
I wonder how the process of a mail order bride works compared to marrying them in their country as far as visas are concerned

Marriage is their ticket to American citizenship.

Gotta watch cause that's all some are after..
Yup. My brother had a friend who met a Filipino girl onlline. He went over there and married her. He told my brother that it cost him something like $25k to get her a US visa. Then she got off the plane with her visa in 1 hand and divorce papers in the other. It cost him another $25k to get rid of her.
My brother went through 4 Philippine nurses all gorgeous, and none of them could put up with him.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Apparently you haven't been to Delta...

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MMM
A nice sturdy gal with skills, some nice assets, she can catch and cook crawfish. I would be all in.

Real nice assets.

Why did she go out to the well for water when she has tap water in the house? And what did she stuff those crawfish with?

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by MMM
A nice sturdy gal with skills, some nice assets, she can catch and cook crawfish. I would be all in.

+1 amazing beautiful woman.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by MMM

Real nice assets.

Why did she go out to the well for water when she has tap water in the house?
I think that was her only drinking water supply.

And what did she stuff those crawfish with?
Looked like millet.
One of the favorite grains that East Euros/Russians eat.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
the russian may come via bensonhurst brooklyn, watch out.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by MMM

Wow! What a gal. I been out with over 40 gals in my life and maybe only one close to her motivation. She was portagee . Got tired of her quick. I would like to hear what Wabi and Hanco think of this Ukrainian gal? I met a Ukrainian gal about 24 years ago but she was engaged. She divorced about 5 years later. Nice gal. She worked at a bank, weekends at a waitress and taking a full load college class in business. I will never forget her.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oh fúck off.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
most philipinas that I knew were in health care (not off the boat). Now a days they are just as likely to be muzzy

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Originally Posted by MMM

Wow! What a gal. I been out with over 40 gals in my life and maybe only one close to her motivation. She was portagee . Got tired of her quick. I would like to hear what Wabi and Hanco think of this Ukrainian gal? I met a Ukrainian gal about 24 years ago but she was engaged. She divorced about 5 years later. Nice gal. She worked at a bank, weekends at a waitress and taking a full load college class in business. I will never forget her.

Rookie

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (375TN, 44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 21, 358wsm, 14 invisible), 1,557 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,951
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.