-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Belichick may have the most Super Bowl wins wit my 6 under his belt, but GOAT 🤪😂😬

Some damn good coaches on this list with ONLY 2 SB wins. Including, Lombardi, Seifert Parcells, Landry, Shula, ect
Chuck Noll is next with 4 SB wins.
And Bill Wash & Joe Gibbs had 3 each.

COACH SUPER BOWL WINS
Bill Belichick 6 Patriots
Chuck Noll 4 Steelers
Bill Walsh 3 49ers
Joe Gibbs 3 Redskins
Andy Reid 2 Chiefs
Vince Lombardi 2 Packers
Tom Flores. 2 Raiders
Jimmy Johnson 2 Cowboys
George Seifert 2 49ers
Mike Shanahan 2 Broncos
Tom Coughlin 2 Giants
Bill Parcells 2 Giants
Tom Landry 2 Cowboys
Don Shula 2 Dolphins

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/11/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
He’s the GOAT , brother Chil.

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Belichick may have the most Super Bowl wins wit my 6 under his belt, but GOAT 🤪😂😬

Some damn good coaches on this list with ONLY 2 SB wins. Including, Lombardi, Seifert Parcells, Landry, Shula, ect
Chuck Noll is next with 4 SB wins.
And Bill Wash & Joe Gibbs had 3 each.

COACH SUPER BOWL WINS
Bill Belichick 6 Patriots
Chuck Noll 4 Steelers
Bill Walsh 3 49ers
Joe Gibbs 3 Redskins
Andy Reid 2 Chiefs
Vince Lombardi 2 Packers
Tom Flores. 2 Raiders
Jimmy Johnson 2 Cowboys
George Seifert 2 49ers
Mike Shanahan 2 Broncos
Tom Coughlin 2 Giants
Bill Parcells 2 Giants
Tom Landry 2 Cowboys
Don Shula 2 Dolphins

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys are forgetting Rod Marinelli

1st coach to go 0-16 in a season.

Now THAT takes talent

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My bet is he will do well no matter where he lands.

living the good life every day
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm not a Brady hater. As a matter of fact I've come to accept him as the greatest ever. Having said that there is an argument to be made, and a strong argument at that, that Belichick made Brady the QB he became. Either way, I think each made one another better.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
A lot of football is played on the line. Kurt Warner used the quick release he learned in Arena football well.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Did you play in the leather helmet days wabi?

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What is a shame?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
The best ever but the question remains....what would he have been without Brady? Regardless he is still a great coach.

Bill's record as a head coach is under 0.500 at Cleveland and New England with the quarterbacks who were not name Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr. He only had 3 winning seasons without TB12 as his QB, 1994 in Cleveland with Vinnie Testaverde, 2008 with Matt Cassel, and 2021 with Mac Jones.

Brady won a Super Bowl after leaving New England and it will be interesting if Bill can win another one now that he has left New England. Rumors has it that he may be headed to Washington.

Remember tho - Brady was riding pine and only got into the game because of injury. Once there he stayed but seems to me like Bill had a bit to do with developing Brady into the passer/QB he was, even if that means Brady became the straw that stirs the drink later in life. Dude couldn't beat out Bledsoe at the time - needed a neck injury to go in and "finish a game".

Just like Green Bay and the Bears - people say Green Bay lucked into QB's, yeah well if Aaron Rodgers goes to Chicago, he's probably out of the league in 4 years. It takes a certain cultural set of circumstances to create opportunities for greatness. Bill did that for Brady as a young player, same as Mike for Favre, Mike for Aaron, Mike for Love etc.

I'm not saying Brady ain't great - he is, I'm saying he's not great in a vacuum. Bill had an awful lot to do with development and building around him to let him be great.

Me

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Can’t believe he is gone.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Can’t believe he is gone.

This^^^
He was so young and just getting his life turned around.
Sad that.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAM
Adam Vinatieri should have been an option to vote for.

My Dad was married to Adam Vinatieri's aunt.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
The best ever but the question remains....what would he have been without Brady? Regardless he is still a great coach.

Bill's record as a head coach is under 0.500 at Cleveland and New England with the quarterbacks who were not name Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr. He only had 3 winning seasons without TB12 as his QB, 1994 in Cleveland with Vinnie Testaverde, 2008 with Matt Cassel, and 2021 with Mac Jones.

Brady won a Super Bowl after leaving New England and it will be interesting if Bill can win another one now that he has left New England. Rumors has it that he may be headed to Washington.

Remember tho - Brady was riding pine and only got into the game because of injury. Once there he stayed but seems to me like Bill had a bit to do with developing Brady into the passer/QB he was, even if that means Brady became the straw that stirs the drink later in life. Dude couldn't beat out Bledsoe at the time - needed a neck injury to go in and "finish a game".

Just like Green Bay and the Bears - people say Green Bay lucked into QB's, yeah well if Aaron Rodgers goes to Chicago, he's probably out of the league in 4 years. It takes a certain cultural set of circumstances to create opportunities for greatness. Bill did that for Brady as a young player, same as Mike for Favre, Mike for Aaron, Mike for Love etc.

I'm not saying Brady ain't great - he is, I'm saying he's not great in a vacuum. Bill had an awful lot to do with development and building around him to let him be great.

Drew Bledsoe had a career record of 98W-95, pretty mediocre numbers for a number 1 draft pick. Starting as the 199th pick in the 2000 NFL draft, Tom Brady beat the odds for such a low draft choice by winning more games and more Super Bowels than any other quarterback in NFL history and is only 1 of 2 quarterbacks to win Super Bowls with 2 different team, the other being Peyton Manning, who was also a number 1 pick, who won 2, 1 with Indianapolis and 1 with Denver. The numbers and the results speak for themselves. When a game is on the line winners will find a way to win, TB12 is the GOAT and Drew Bledsoe is another Wally Pipp.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bills big thing is deep sea fishing and he ain't worried about being able to buy groceries or to pay his power bill!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Brady made Belichick successful and famous. Gene Chizik wasn't worth a crap without Cam Newton either.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Brady made Belichick successful and famous. Gene Chizik wasn't worth a crap without Cam Newton either.

Bill had a SB win before Brady, granted as DC of the Giants but that was a hell of a Giants D. Plus the Jets head coach for 10 minutes, prior to recent years, the last coach to do anything with the Browns in the playoffs.

Bill had chops before Brady, was successful before Brady, famous before Brady.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Bill had a SB win before Brady, granted as DC of the Giants but that was a hell of a Giants D. Plus the Jets head coach for 10 minutes, prior to recent years, the last coach to do anything with the Browns in the playoffs.

Bill had chops before Brady, was successful before Brady, famous before Brady.

Belichick's record as a head coach in Cleveland was 36W-44L with 1 winning season, 1994, when they were 11W-5L with Vinnie Testaverde. Without TB12 as his starting quarterback he had 2 winning seasons in New England, 2008 when Matt Cassel replaced an injured Tom Brady, and in 2021 after Brady had left New England. Belichick had exponentially more success as a head coach with Brady than he had with all of the other quarterback combined. Brady went on to win a Super Bowl with Tampa, showing that he could win a Super Bowl without Belichick. Belichick might win a Super Bowl without Brady, but he hasn't yet.

I'm sure that there are a lot of NFL assistant coaches with Super Bowl wins, but those are group wins that nobody keeps track of. People who coach sports teams are ranked/graded on their records as the person in charge, not as assistants with much less control over the entire team and the associated outcomes, just like ships captains and business CEOs who are also held accountable for the ogranization's outcomes.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"It’s the other way around Brady’s a piece of sh-t crybaby pansy and if it WASNT for the cheater belikec he would never have been anything pother than an average quarterback."

You gotta get off that Illinois legal reefer, it is just too strong for you. You are saying some crazy s***.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i wish the Vikings would get him for a head coach

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Mad_Max
I'm not a Brady hater. As a matter of fact I've come to accept him as the greatest ever. Having said that there is an argument to be made, and a strong argument at that, that Belichick made Brady the QB he became. Either way, I think each made one another better.

He is not the greatest ever. Maybe in the last 10-15 years but not ever. The NFL has changed the rules so may times to protect BRady and make the league all about touchdowns. Can’t touch the quarterback cant touch the receiver etc etc.
Let’s put Brady’s best team against the Steelers of 78 and see who lasts. Mel Blount pounding a receiver Jack lambert slamming the quarterback, yeah lets see who wins that one

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (1minute, 2five7, 2ndwind, 264mag, 17CalFan, 300_savage, 23 invisible), 2,015 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,858
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.