Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Did someone say elk? Pic from yesterday..
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free upload site no registration

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I cain't get over it. A man who can't control his bowels is in control of the nuclear football,...the crazies who advise him are instigating,...at last count, no fewer than three wars,...a Presidential election was stolen that put the crazies in control of this mess,..and knothead is saying:

"Just relax,..evahthang is aw-ite".

The only thing that keeps me from being totally out of hand about the whole thing is,...I'm supposed to be dead already. It's been borrowed time forever for me.

If I was 35 years old and living in this schitt I'd be bouncing off the walls.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Maybe some of you strategic thinkers can explain to me why the US is responsible for keeping the oil routes from the Persian Gulf to India and China open?
1) We have a way of life that in part depends on world trade.
2) We should not be the only country keeping the shipping lanes open. Any action against high seas piracy should be via a coalition of nations.
3) We have been fighting high seas piracy since 1801....."to the shores of Tripoli"
#3 is a particularly compelling reason, ie...because the song says so? I am not interested in defending other countries sea lanes.
#2 do we need to defend the shipping lanes that supply our economic and actual enemies..BRICS alliance...with oil, and iron ore the lifeblood of all economic power? Since the oil and iron are going there, let China and India defend their trade routes.
#1 What exactly are the commodities that we need to maintain our standard of living that travel the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden...pottery, rugs?
The US could be an energy sufficient at the stroke of a pen. Nobody needs to get shot.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If I had a dollar every time the campfire was sure we're on the doorstep of WW3 over the past 20 years here - I'd be retired, living on a boat in the French Polynesian islands.

So everything the Biden crazies are doing is keeping America nice and safe?,.....there's nothing to be concerned about just because the U.S. government is in a proxy war with one nuclear power and is threatening another?

When the sink has a leak, I don't build an ark. There's "concern" and then there's legitimate "WWIII" - nuance.

You grew up comfortable. You can't conceive of anything but comfortable.

"Comfortable" isn't reality today. Schitt is going on that could come apart while you're asleep tonight.

It doesn't come around like this very often. It happened twice in the first half of the 20th century with bad results,...rattled loose again in the early 50s and mid 60s,...didn't calm down again until the early 70s,. it's March 8th, 1917 in America today. The last country that suffered a March 8th, 1917 is yet to recover from it.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
But, is it good for the Jews?

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We invested, with absolutely nothing to show, untold wealth, lives and have way too many veterans suffering from the Middle East fiasco with Bush and now we are looking at going back. There is an old saying "sweep your own door step off before doing someone else's". We have a southern border that is out of control. Why not liberate Central America from the cartels and Chinese and make a new southern border out of the Panama Canal.

Last edited by Jim1611; 01/11/24.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Maybe some of you strategic thinkers can explain to me why the US is responsible for keeping the oil routes from the Persian Gulf to India and China open?
2) We should not be the only country keeping the shipping lanes open. Any action against high seas piracy should be via a coalition of nations.
3) We have been fighting high seas piracy since 1801....."to the shores of Tripoli"

There’s never enough wars and young dead American men for blood thirsty confused dumb geriatric boomers. And this moronic post proves it

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I didn't attend West Point, but I have read Sun Tzu several times and keep a copy on my desk. I don't recall Mr. Tzu ever suggesting it is wise to alert your enemy of your presence and intention before entering battle.

I mean, God forbid we injured one of the terrorists.

FFS

You didn’t get the updated copy. Version 2.0 has that and “give up your most strategic airbase prior to leaving a country”(Afghanistan) in there.

I’m down with it. Quicker they decide to head back to the Middle East the quicker I start getting more flight time and tax free pay.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If I had a dollar every time the campfire was sure we're on the doorstep of WW3 over the past 20 years here - I'd be retired, living on a boat in the French Polynesian islands.

So everything the Biden crazies are doing is keeping America nice and safe?,.....there's nothing to be concerned about just because the U.S. government is in a proxy war with one nuclear power and is threatening another?

When the sink has a leak, I don't build an ark. There's "concern" and then there's legitimate "WWIII" - nuance.

"Comfortable" isn't reality today. Schitt is going on that could come apart while you're asleep tonight.

It doesn't come around like this very often. It happened twice in the first half of the 20th century with bad results,...rattled loose again in the early 50s and mid 60s,...didn't calm down again until the early 70s,. it's March 8th, 1917 in America today. The last country that suffered a March 8th, 1917 is yet to recover from it.

So what the F am I supposed to do about it?

Grew up under the constant threat of the Soviets - till the wall came down. Every thing the US has been involved in my whole life - some stooge claimed it was "the start of a larger conflict, leading to WWIII".

Comfort? Good - let it come down, we could use a good cleanse. If I'm part of that - DGAF, shiit happens, this is all temporary anyway. If not - DGAF, I'll figure it out. I'm well aware of how uncomfortable things CAN be, not my fault they aren't. But I put the US more like May 1991 Balkans than Russia March 1917.

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This fits the remainder of the bulls hit these people have done!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I wonder how much U.S. trade transits the Suez Canal? The Europeans and the Egyptians would likely be more significantly impacted, Egypt's budget depends on the millions of dollars that they charge each day for ships to transit the Suez Canal. Egypt should do two things, let the women and children leave Gaza and send their military to deal with Yemen.

We COULD be energy independent if the Biden Administration wanted us to be. Global warming is a Global issue and regardless of how much Americans sacrifice in the name of global warming, it will be more than offset by China and India. If we don't row together, we're not going to get to where we want to be.

I just saw a news blurb that Iran has seized a U.S. owned, but not flagged, oil tanker. Does that constitute an act of war?

Are we still giving $6B in unfrozen assets back to Iran? If so, why?

Many questions, few answers.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Im sorry teal, youre wrong on this. Ask yourself why so many other nations are telling their citizens to prepare for war. We are on the door step and in my opinion, it can not be avoided at this point

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter

Spot on. Too many americans foolishly believe that nothing bad will ever happen to us. They are oblivious to what is happening in the current world because they are too lazy to find the info. If it isnt on fox news, it isnt happening

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ribka

There’s never enough wars and young dead American men for blood thirsty confused dumb geriatric boomers. And this moronic post proves it

That won't ever change. No use complaining about when you were born or you could be glad like me stay home and live among the bricks. I was always ready to go but maintained a job to stay out of it.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Spot on. Too many americans foolishly believe that nothing bad will ever happen to us. They are oblivious to what is happening in the current world because they are too lazy to find the info. If it isnt on fox news, it isnt happening

Funny, I just moments ago had nearly this exact conversation with a friend! Odd..

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Obama gave the “green light” on the attack……provided that his comrades had sufficient warning to clear the site of terrorists and equipment! 🤬

This way both sides win, no terrorists are harmed and those of us that wish to attack these animals are appeased! A Win-Win 🤯 memtb

Last edited by memtb; 01/11/24.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
i dont get it , Iran orders the attacks . why attack yemen . bomb tehran !

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by persiandog

That didn’t get Obama’s approval! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 01/11/24.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by persiandog
Who says iran ordered it? Our wonderful overlords?

Last edited by gunchamp; 01/11/24.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Just like that sob to put our military at additional risk by pre announcing the attack fugging dimwitted demmies..

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 160user, 1lessdog, 1234, 46 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,104
Posts18,502,164
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.