-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I recently picked up an old Leupold 16X AO Target Scope w/ Fine Crosshair and need a little help with it. How do you adjust the turret to zero after zeroing the scope? Not sure if middle piece is a cap with a screw under it or if there is a pull up type reset or set screw someplace. There is a line etched on the scope housing where marks on the turret line up but I'm struggling to get the 0 on the turret lined up with the index mark on the housing. Thanks.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hard to believe nobody on here has not owned one of these.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't believe those are resetable.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I don't believe those are resetable.

That was my first thought too. I’ve owned a few but that was years ago and I don’t recall being able to set to zero after sight in.

Good luck

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are hilariously fixed and most shimmed mounts,to align turrets to some sort of "zero" arrangement (me too). Hint.

While being fickle,they weren't very reliable either and I shot A/O elements loose on a couple. T-16's crushed them. Hint.

Reupold 12's,10's and 8's of the ilk. Suffered like fates. I'm not a 20x or24x guy,so didn't. Hint.

If nobody will repeat it,I did very nice things in 1983 with a 700 VS 6 Rem(S/A) and one of these Reupold 16 X's. Ultra's and MK 4's save SOME face,but not very fhuqking much. I've likely got pics somewhere. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
They are hilariously fixed and most shimmed mounts,to align turrets to some sort of "zero" arrangement (me too). Hint.

While being fickle,they weren't very reliable either and I shot A/O elements loose on a couple. T-16's crushed them. Hint.

Reupold 12's,10's and 8's of the ilk. Suffered like fates. I'm not a 20x or24x guy,so didn't. Hint.

If nobody will repeat it,I did very nice things in 1983 with a 700 VS 6 Rem(S/A) and one of these Reupold 16 X's. Ultra's and MK 4's save SOME face,but not very fhuqking much. I've likely got pics somewhere. Hint...............
I hope when you get to the end god has a Leupold hat on. LOL.

Love Ksmïthïnhïzzër/fląvöřÐ.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rest fhuqking HILARIOUSLY assured by fhuqking default,that your False Idol,ain't wearing a ball cap,you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk. Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Sticks comment aside, I also believe the Creator of all that exists would not be wearing a Leupold hat either..............

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Sticks comment aside, I also believe the Creator of all that exists would not be wearing a Leupold hat either..............

Tshirt?

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Rest fhuqking HILARIOUSLY assured by fhuqking default,that your False Idol,ain't wearing a ball cap,you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk. Hint..................

God bless you stick! For a guy with it all you sure seem angry.

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Jimmypop

God bless you stick! For a guy with it all you sure seem angry.

You sure nailed it .

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Get out the paint-pen and make your own "zero witness".

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There is an old .222Rem Varmint in the classifieds that this scope would be perfect on.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Precision Shooting gave the scope a good review, the only complaint being the lack of reference marks.

My only complaint, and it is a very minor one, is that there is no reference line to show the starting point for adjustments. There are no nice little scribe lines to show each revolution of the adjustment knobs. In the scorebook of the high power rifleman or the loading log of the woodchuck shooter there are places for the readings made to change elevation and windage. Memory will have to serve with the Leupold 16X unless the individual desires to make his own set of reference marks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Precision Shooting review, August 1976.....a bit before tacticool became cool.

I was a wide open 10 year old wearing out a BB gun, about to recieve my first 22 at Christmas, and had no clue whatsoever what a "Leupold" even was.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I bought one in 1977, along with a Ruger 77V .220 Swift. Quite the hot set up at the time. Now I look at it and think, "Old school varmint rifle." It's accounted for a lot of crows and woodchucks way, way out there.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sandlapper
Precision Shooting gave the scope a good review, the only complaint being the lack of reference marks.

My only complaint, and it is a very minor one, is that there is no reference line to show the starting point for adjustments. There are no nice little scribe lines to show each revolution of the adjustment knobs. In the scorebook of the high power rifleman or the loading log of the woodchuck shooter there are places for the readings made to change elevation and windage. Memory will have to serve with the Leupold 16X unless the individual desires to make his own set of reference marks.

This is great. Thanks for sharing.

I must have a little newer version because it has a white scribe mark at 6 o'clock on the turret base.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,821
Posts18,477,860
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.