Print Thread
Hop To
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Seriously - what are y'all gonna do when Governor Fat-azz rescinds/cancels the FOID cards (as has been suggested/considered)?? IMHO it's about to get rather lively down there..

eek

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nobody from IL? Guess I don't blame ya... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
IMHO it's about to get rather lively down there.

No it won't.

The people who are inclined to shoot at other people already don't have FOIDs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure what you're talking about, Lee, when you say rescind the FOID?

The FOID has been under court scrutiny and may be ruled a violation of the constitution. I haven't heard anything else about it.
If the GovPrissQueer does something even stupider than the So-called assault weapons ban, most will probably just ignore it like they are the stupidity that became law on New Years

The MSM has remarked several times recently that about 1% of Illinois FOID card holders are honoring the ban. It is estimated that 50-65 percent of those own ARs or similar

Last edited by johnw; 01/12/24.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
No one knows what the bloated billionaire bully bahstid will try next. The FOID card is on thinning ice but still there.
Biggest issue is whether some court, somewhere, will rule this unconstitutional law as such.
Lots of disinformation out there.
I think those who didn't register their AWs were smart because his immenseness could have his minions in the General Assembly enact emergency legislation to confiscate those registered weapons. Those that dif would be SOL. Those that didn't would still be felons but they'd still have their guns.
Common fallacy: FOID holders, only a small percentage registered their AWs. Fact: only the designated PICA listed guns were to be registered. I'd guess, from my years in the bidness, that fewer than half actually have AWs.
Problem: All five arms of government in IL are under the progressive wing. That is, Governor, General Assembly (House and Senate), State Supreme Court, and the media.
Fact: 90+% of the land mass is populated by conservatives. State run by three counties
Sad.
Stan

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's been estimated repeatedly that way over 50% of foid holders own ARs or similar

Foid numbers in Illinois jumped hugely when ARs became popular and available in the 1990s. Which is kinda natural with the preponderance of AR manufacturers in the region

"Chances Will Be Taken"

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Papag
... Fact: 90+% of the land mass is populated by conservatives. State run by three counties
Sad.
Stan

Did work for an automotive plant in Central IL on-and-off for a number of years. Good folks. To a person complained about shipping their tax dollars off to support Chicago and getting nothing in return except inane laws and higher taxes... Unfortunately, reflects most of the U.S. ...

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
You may be right on the %age of FOID holders being over 50 with ARs, etc. Our shop catered mostly to handgunners, hunters and bullshooters. We sold a metric ton of ARs and AKs before about 2021 or so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Illinois passed concealed carry 10+ years ago, it was due to a mandate from the federal appellate courts. The state was told that they WOULD pass a concealed carry law, or that the state would become, de facto, constitutional carry.

Initially Illinois issued a concealed carry license that was separate from the FOID card. That is now in the past, and concealed carry is just an extra endorsement on the FOID card
I believe that, by the appelate court mandate, if they rescind all FOID cards, Illinois would revert to "constitutional carry"

I don't think Gov LardAss wants that...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good info, and I think you're spot on in your assessment. I think I heard something about coordinating it with drivers' licenses - suspending the license until one 'complies'..

The lawsuits better result in reversal..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
However, if your FOID expires, your CCW is immediately voided and you have like 72 hours to sell, transfer, or move your guns to a "legal" possessor.
I've seen the letters at the shop.
No one! Absolutely no one, can understand with clarity how this all works.
No exp date on any cards now.
You have to go to the ISP website and check in to see when your FOID/CCW expire.
I took the class, passed, to renew CCW, and waited, and waited. Finally went to the website. Approved after 30 days. A small note, "no new cards are being issued".
Be vewwwy, vewwy careful dealing with the ISP.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 78 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,718
Posts18,494,638
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.