Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
This is scope designed for low power high fov quick shooting. The ffp is going to suck at 2.5x. And a 10x isn’t really enough power for over 300 where you even need reticle ticks. Verdict = fail

Please explain in detail how a feature you don't like but many others want is a fail?

If you had even briefly looked at the MK 4 HD product line you would have seen there is a 2.5-10 with SFP reticle.

I prefer 2ndFP but others don't. To be fair I don't have any interest in any of the announced MK 4HD offerings but Leupold is damn sure going to sell a shit load to shooters who like FFP at those prices.
you of all people know ffp is a fail for that scope. Will people buy it. Yeah. But most people don’t shoot much or only at a gun range. You know this.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is scope designed for low power high fov quick shooting. The ffp is going to suck at 2.5x. And a 10x isn’t really enough power for over 300 where you even need reticle ticks. Verdict = fail

Please explain in detail how a feature you don't like but many others want is a fail?

If you had even briefly looked at the MK 4 HD product line you would have seen there is a 2.5-10 with SFP reticle.

I prefer 2ndFP but others don't. To be fair I don't have any interest in any of the announced MK 4HD offerings but Leupold is damn sure going to sell a shit load to shooters who like FFP at those prices.
you of all people know ffp is a fail for that scope. Will people buy it. Yeah. But most people don’t shoot much or only at a gun range. You know this.

I am amazed you know so many people LOL

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Dre
Why would someone want to drop a G on a leupold scope that they absolutely hate and trash every opportunity they get?
Asking for a friend

Why would someone vote for a gun grabbing democrat just because it made you “feel” good?
Asking for a friend….

Anyone voted for Obama shouldn’t be putting their opinion out there since their reasoning is obviously flawed.

Damn , I love how keep following me. But I told you I’m not interested.
Tell us more how you like your gag reflex checked by stumpy.
You two are a perfect match. Broke back jack mountain big stick

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Looking at the reticle, it looks like it will show up better than some on low power with FFP. I've killed [bleep] really close on low power with FFP. Not rocket science.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dre
Originally Posted by Dre
Why would someone want to drop a G on a leupold scope that they absolutely hate and trash every opportunity they get?
Asking for a friend

Why would someone vote for a gun grabbing democrat just because it made you “feel” good?
Asking for a friend….

Anyone voted for Obama shouldn’t be putting their opinion out there since their reasoning is obviously flawed.

Damn , I love how keep following me. But I told you I’m not interested.
Tell us more how you like your gag reflex checked by stumpy.
You two are a perfect match. Broke back jack mountain big stick

How’d that vote work out for you?

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Calvin

Looking at the reticle, it looks like it will show up better than some on low power with FFP. I've killed [bleep] really close on low power with FFP. Not rocket science.

No it isn't. But alot more folks do way more typing than hunting/shooting.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Killed a few deer last season with a SS3-9x on 5x and never wanted for anything else, but I do prefer illuminated on a FFP reticle when in low power in thick woods.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A few years ago I glassed this buck and a doe move down a narrow peninsula onto some timber on the end of it. I jumped off on the raft and paddled in while by buddy waited into the boat. I snuck a few hundred yards down the beach and got into position. The doe spotted me and went flying back to the mainland on that narrow strip of land. The buck was right behind. I took the shot with my ss 3-9 on 3 power. Did just fine on the running shot. Dang that was fun.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Killed a few deer last season with a SS3-9x on 5x and never wanted for anything else, but I do prefer illuminated on a FFP reticle when in low power in thick woods.

Timber is my thing, have done ok without illuminated but it’s nice to hit the illumination and get that nice Christmas tree triangle at low power. Usually I just kill the buck and forget to hit the illumination.

15 yds if I remember correctly , no illumination, heavy timber 4x ffp.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have killed shit really close with iron sights on a revolver, that does not mean a proper 2ndFP scope won't work better.

1stFP is a compromise at low power. Sure it can work but it's still a compromise.

Leupold is smart enough to offer both reticle placements in the 2.5-10 and the 2ndFP is a better choice but the FFP is hardly a fail.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

A few years ago I glassed this buck and a doe move down a narrow peninsula onto some timber on the end of it. I jumped off on the raft and paddled in while by buddy waited into the boat. I snuck a few hundred yards down the beach and got into position. The doe spotted me and went flying back to the mainland on that narrow strip of land. The buck was right behind. I took the shot with my ss 3-9 on 3 power. Did just fine on the running shot. Dang that was fun.

Good Sitka. They are on my shortlist.

Love Ksmïthïnhïzzër/fląvöřÐ.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I have killed shit really close with iron sights on a revolver, that does not mean a proper 2ndFP scope won't work better.

1stFP is a compromise at low power. Sure it can work but it's still a compromise.

Leupold is smart enough to offer both reticle placements in the 2.5-10 and the 2ndFP is a better choice but the FFP is hardly a fail.

1st is good for young eyes. Not me.

2nd is best for old eyes. Me/

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I hunted most of this year with a 2nd FP as I stole my daughter's rifle for most of my deer hunting. Didn't slow me down any.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I hunted most of this year with a 2nd FP as I stole my daughter's rifle for most of my deer hunting. Didn't slow me down any.

Exactly.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So, you went from boat to raft, and paddled to shore?

Did you have to bring the deer back on the raft, or was there a place for the boat to pull up?

It's epic either way, but paddling back with a deer on your raft would be awesome.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Timber is my thing, have done ok without illuminated but it’s nice to hit the illumination and get that nice Christmas tree triangle at low power. Usually I just kill the buck and forget to hit the illumination.

Same here but usually because I left it on the previous time and killed the battery like a dumbazz.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by goalie

So, you went from boat to raft, and paddled to shore?

Did you have to bring the deer back on the raft, or was there a place for the boat to pull up?

It's epic either way, but paddling back with a deer on your raft would be awesome.

Pulled it to the boat with the rope ?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Probably the smartest move they made offering both FFP and SFP in the same models, with matching turrets. Trijicons shortfall in my opinion. No idea why they would offer the lower powered/smaller obj. 2-10x36 with FFP only and the 2.5-15x42 in SFP only.
My older mark 4 2.5-8 tracks well but cursed with a Mil reticle and MOA adjustments which is completely retarded.

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/12/24.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Beautiful..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Taken at about the same time (last century)

Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (2500HD, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 204guy, 06hunter59, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,816
Posts18,516,573
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.