Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Hertz Rental is selling off 1/3 of their EV fleet after taking a $250MM hit on depreciation due to falling EV prices. The more Elon drops the List Price on new EV's, the bigger the bite out of Hertz EV resale profit loss.

Hertz Selling 20K EV's...

ETA: To be back filled with gasoline powered vehicles.

Last edited by Orion2000; 01/13/24.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think they will get burned as badly as they did when people were renting the GT-350H's just to swap the motors out for a standard one?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
What…

The Resale Value at there Either..

No to Mention the Electricity from the Magic Electric Outlet..

Why does the Left always Celebrate Mental Illness

Hahahaha Hahahaha

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
EV's getting bad press lately. Maybe now that the media is reporting this information it must be true. Something we knew all along.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I also wonder if Hertz is having trouble renting them. When I picked up a rental car one time last year, the rental car company had a Tesla assigned to me, and since I had some extra time that I usually don't have, I decided to try it out for the experience. Just like a gasoline-powered vehicle, it had to be "filled up" (batteries recharged) before returning. Took me over an hour to charge it before returning due to having to drive out of my way to get to a public charging station, waiting for a charging spot, and the charging (and that was at a fast charging station). Most trips I don't have time to spare an extra hour to charge the car vs. 5 minutes to fill up the gas tank.

If Hertz is as committed to electric vehicles as they had been implying, they would pay for the infrastructure at the airport to charge all the electric vehicles without additional cost to the customer AFTER the vehicle is returned.

Edit to add: That rental was a one-way rental from a small airport to a large airport a couple hours away. One-way rentals are usually a good indicator of a car the particular rental location is trying to get rid of, again pointing to EVs not being popular with the public and/or frontline car rental employees.

Last edited by Ramblin_Razorback; 01/13/24. Reason: Added last paragraph
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The cars they are selling have crapload of miles on them, so they’ve been rented and used.

When I looked into it a bit more the comments from the CEO included statements indicated very high repair costs. Which you would expect for a new brand with new models. There’s no aftermarket parts and very few body shops capable of performing the work. Tesla only repairs, ka-ching……..

You drill down a little more, and it appears the Teslas have been incurring an unusually high amount of “front end damage”. My thought is that these rentals were often the first EV’s driven by the renters, and Teslas take a little getting used to - especially the one pedal driving feature. So people were bumping into things more often, and they were very expensive bumps. Too often, and too expensive. I suspect Hertz is publicly telling Tesla to stick it where the sun don’t shine.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
My thought is that these rentals were often the first EV’s driven by the renters, and Teslas take a little getting used to - especially the one pedal driving feature. So people were bumping into things more often, and they were very expensive bumps. Too often, and too expensive.
Like a friggin' golf cart! OMG!

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
This whole EV thing is such a gov't scam... I hope all the manufacturers tell Joe Biteme to GFY and his EV mandates..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it was a stupid model

charging people $50 to charge the car if it was returned with a low battery

I was behind a young 20 something wanting one to drive from Cinci to North Carolina. I was just SMH at him

Last edited by KFWA; 01/13/24.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
But but but, Tom Brady told me on a Hertz commercial that I needed to rent an electric vehicle.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 53 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,567
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.