Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/king-arthur-baking-dei-competition/?amp
Seems like King Author only values “non-white” customers! Good luck with that.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks JimmyO smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Ya reckon Dylan Mulvaney found herself (himself) another job? You’d think King Arthur execs could read the news.
DEI seems on the way out with lots of companies. So why pick it up and run with it now?

DF

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They can't learn. They must have hired the unemployed bud lite ad. execs.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Have the come out with a special product that isn’t white flour?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Ya reckon Dylan Mulvaney found herself (himself) another job? You’d think King Arthur execs could read the news.
DEI seems on the way out with lots of companies. So why pick it up and run with it now?

DF
As a matter of fact, he has. He's still an 'influencer', whatever that is, and is raking it in from woke businesses.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It seems public scrutiny didnt play well for them, pulled this from one web site, but King Arthur scrubbed it, and even shut down the applications.

Baking Pitchfest is an accelerator program dedicated to championing innovative baking brands and providing equitable opportunities for POC entrepreneurs in the baking industry. The goal is to foster a vibrant community of passionate POC bakers and entrepreneurs who are brought together through this shared experience. The winning businesses will receive financial support, brand exposure, and mentorship to help accelerate their businesses. There are two distinct editions – one focused on bakeries and the other on baking products. This approach ensures that a wide range of creative minds in the baking world have an opportunity to shine. Finalists will come together in May to share their stories, pitch their ideas, and learn from esteemed members of the King Arthur Baking and Project Potluck teams.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Might be an alternative?

customercarekingarthurbaking.com

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I tried that stuff once.. It was, ah, 'meh'.... The general stuff I use for cakes etc., is usually the store-name brand or Gold Medal.. But for breads, I only use flour from either Breadtopia.com or Central Milling.

This flour: https://breadtopia.com/store/organic-tipo-00-strong-white-flour/ I use for pizza dough or certain breads... It's outstanding.. But their high-protein bread flour (https://breadtopia.com/store/organic-bread-flour/ is very good for most general breads.

I got a bag of dark rye from Central Milling and it makes excellent, nearly black, dark rye loaves..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Bob’s Red Mill flour if you can find it.
How long before even the term “white flour”, “white Christmas” and “Black Friday” are deemed politically incorrect?

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Bob’s Red Mill flour if you can find it.
How long before even the term “white flour”, “white Christmas” and “Black Friday” are deemed politically incorrect?

If Black Friday is a good thing it will be promoted.

I doubt anyone talks about Black Monday on Wall Street anymore.
If they do, they surely don't use that term.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
so much better than anything KA.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Add to that Wheat Montana , Dakota Maid , Big J milling, all Of The Central Milling Artisanal Flours ...

.... like tears in the rain
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Swifty52
It seems public scrutiny didnt play well for them, pulled this from one web site, but King Arthur scrubbed it, and even shut down the applications.

Too late. The fact that the King Arthur company would even conceive of such a scheme is enough to warrant a nationwide boycott of their brand.
#insulting!

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Too late. The fact that the King Arthur company would even conceive of such a scheme is enough to warrant a nationwide boycott of their brand.
#insulting!

I wanted to apply, but needed rules clarification. Sent this morning, wonder what their response will be. 🤣

Contest rules

I didnt see in the rules where you could only use flour of color(non-white). Also does this mean that all baked goods have to be non white?
Basically your company doing it this way means you are racist. Perpetuating racism in the name of combatting racism.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No more KA for me.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
If you guys want to make the best bread here is a hint. Buy Durum instead of hard wheat and grind it. Best bread ever. I had an aunt who made her famous bread that way.
Normally it’s used to make good pasta but the breads fantastic. Edk

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The idiocy of these bleating sheep is breathtaking, they choose to "foster inclusivity"(a meaningless term if there ever was one) by excluding the white race.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 01/15/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bake my own bread. Usually two loaves at a time. Freeze one, use the other. I have been using King Arthur bread flour for many years. Looks like it's time to explore other alternatives. I did send them an email. No response. Oh well.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Mannlicher; 01/14/24.

Sam......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Is there a .gov slushfund available for company's that go broke by going woke that isnt common knowledge , or is there a writing on the wall that we cant read yet?
It occurs over and over with a know quantity that CEO's have to have noticed , yet.....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I with these flour companies would label what kind of wheat their flour is made from. Soft white and hard red are not the same thing. Then they have so called 'all purpose' flour which has all the fiber and other good stuff taken out. It's what causes obesity and other grain related problems. After they remove all the good stuff, they add back a few vitamins and call it 'enriched' but it still lacks the fiber. It's garbage and its unhealthy.

Or, how about the 'wheat bread' that's so common in the stores. Bread is almost all wheat bread. They use all purpose flour and add a bit of color to make it look like whole wheat. It's not even close.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 160user, 222ND, 2003and2013, 163bc, 63 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,790
Posts18,477,303
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.