-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You need to go buy a butt load of lottery tickets!
You're one lucky dude!

Zapata, TX is a dangerous place these days.
That doesn't mean there aren't still good people there, it's just the way it is.
Though I have in the past, I won't go just wandering around Zapata for kicks and giggles!
Lot'sa folks "snow bird" down there.
We topped out at 12°F here today. In Zapata, it was up over 80°F!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks for sharing that!!! Lesson of a lifetime for that little girl and kudos to her father for teaching like a good father should.

Need more stories like that.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Still some honest folks out there 👍

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Glad you got lucky Birdie, I got lucky once too.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Stopped in San Ignacio TX to look for birds and take photos, an hour later I’m on the river at Salineno and I get a text “Sir please call us we found your wallet in San Ignacio along the highway”.

I had set it down on the back bumper sorting out stuff, drove off leaving it there. I backtrack to 30 miles to Zapata, wait for the guy at McDonalds.

A working pickup pulls up, forty-something Hispanic driving, a maybe five year old girl grinning a wide toothy grin in the passenger seat. He lowers the window she hands me the wallet.

“You know how we got your number?” he said with a laugh. We were in Ace Hardware and my wife had them look it up from your hunting license”.

Wouldn’t take the $50 cash I had in the wallet. “No problem, esta bueno” he said, and drove off. Just like that, two minutes tops.

Ya, I know I’m a retard, ya I know this follows hard upon the keys episode. Could be I’m getting Presidential.

I’m only posting this to let folks know how I have found the people to be over the years here in South Texas.

There are good people everywhere, but the horrible ones get all the press and cause 10 times more grief than their numbers would suggest.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn't it refreshing when someone eschews handouts and rewards because they are a legal and productive member of the economy?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I found a wallet a few years ago in Baltimore turned it over to the police. I asked them.if they were trustworthy or not, wallet had at least 3k cash in it with all of the ID cards ,insurance, charge cards, work ID. I hope they did the right thing and contacted the owner.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Went into a lowes in our area and when walking up to go in there laid a wallet with a wad of cash in it, it wouldn't even stay shut, took it in and gave it to costumer service and the lady said wow that's a load of cash, I don't know if it ever made it way back to the person

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've returned a few.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Great story!! Glad it all worked out

IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Hahahaha Hahahaha

We’ve all Lost Our Wallets at the Border..

Holy S hit you can’t make this S hit Up .

Hahahaha Hahahaha

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
in general, most of your border meskins are good folks, even more fed up with the illegals than we are. wanna get some of them folks mad, ask them about paying a slimeball immigration attorney 10k bucks to read them their court notices and waiting years to become legal, only to have this current crop of wets come over and get all this handed to them. those border folks are pretty prideful, and most hard working folks.
doesnt suprise me you got it back

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That certainly went well beyond expectations of most things we hear about

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
NEVER, my experience is that most people are just like them.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Had a damn flip cell in the late 90's from employer I kept trying to "lose" to get a new one but it would keep turning up like a bad penny.

Don't you know what the ocean is for? I mean, back then?

wink

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"The Warden" has lost a few things - the most memorable being a bank coin purse she keeps credit cards, DL, and some cash in.
It fell out of her pocket when we stopped on the side of the road for a "nature call".
The next day, our nephew, who worked for NMDOT, was driving down I-25, and his partner said "STOP, I see something.
Partner got out, picked it up, and said "I guess we need to find Joy Shubert." Nephew said "That's my auntie!"
One call, and we got it back that evening.

She's had multiple things find their way back home, and can't remember anything that didn't!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad to hear you got it back, Mike. And that there are still a few honest folks around.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gutthooked
I found a wallet a few years ago in Baltimore turned it over to the police. I asked them.if they were trustworthy or not, wallet had at least 3k cash in it with all of the ID cards ,insurance, charge cards, work ID. I hope they did the right thing and contacted the owner.
Very low odds that one ever found it’s way back to it’s owner.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stopped in San Ignacio TX to look for birds and take photos, an hour later I’m on the river at Salineno and I get a text “Sir please call us we found your wallet in San Ignacio along the highway”.

I had set it down on the back bumper sorting out stuff, drove off leaving it there. I backtrack to 30 miles to Zapata, wait for the guy at McDonalds.

A working pickup pulls up, forty-something Hispanic driving, a maybe five year old girl grinning a wide toothy grin in the passenger seat. He lowers the window she hands me the wallet.

“You know how we got your number?” he said with a laugh. We were in Ace Hardware and my wife had them look it up from your hunting license”.

Wouldn’t take the $50 cash I had in the wallet. “No problem, esta bueno” he said, and drove off. Just like that, two minutes tops.

Ya, I know I’m a retard, ya I know this follows hard upon the keys episode. Could be I’m getting Presidential.

I’m only posting this to let folks know how I have found the people to be over the years here in South Texas.

Different outcome, but sure makes one think of this (AWESOME) song:

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reivertom

There are good people everywhere, but the horrible ones get all the press and cause 10 times more grief than their numbers would suggest.

I read this post then had to check the title to see if it was a bicycle post.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,700
Posts18,494,248
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.