Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anyone make a magazine that works for these?
Or, can you get them to work? Can,'fully losd.

10 rounds, its fine

11- 15 you can notice wheels start coming off bus.

15 - 20 wheels come off rounds come loose, are crooked, jambs inside body
Never getting to 30

I see MCarbo makes a SS magazine. ($100) does it work ?

Is there a fix ?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I had one… for about a week… it fed fine, but couldn’t hit a sheet of plywood past 10 ft.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You had no issues loading 30 ? Function and accuracy are fine for a Pack pistol,(2.5" @ 25) but the magazines won't load up to capacity.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
No issues at all… it fed fine

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I bought a mag charger for the PMR 30, Works good.

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Ditto on not very accurate and would fail to eject regularly. Sold it!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
My experience with KT might be like a lot of semi's but particularly needed for the PMR30.

shoot it a lot to smooth it up

keep it lubed with light wt. oil

Find the ammo it seems happiest with. Thinking the manual even states what might be best.

Don't load the mag to full capacity. ~25 rounds seemed to be the happy spot for 2 I've helped with.

Number the mags. Sometimes you'll find that just one will be the problem child most of the time.

A firmer grip & tighter wrist helped my P17 a lot. The slide completes it's cycle better that way.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
No issues at all… it fed fine
Feeding and loading the mag. are two different things. Mine feeds fine.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunzo
My experience with KT might be like a lot of semi's but particularly needed for the PMR30.

Find the ammo it seems happiest with. Thinking the manual even states what might be best.

Don't load the mag to full capacity. ~25 rounds seemed to be the happy spot for 2 I've helped with.

Number the mags. Sometimes you'll find that just one will be the problem child most of the time.

A firmer grip & tighter wrist helped my P17 a lot. The slide completes it's cycle better that way.

I could live with 25. These mag.s start FnU after 10

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Seems to me, a full perimeter spring rather than the round coil down the middle would be better. More equal pressure on the follower.

CCI 40gr. FMJ

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RAM

After all the criteria I mentioned? 2 friends them & we can make them work. But only considering/adhering to a narrow range of parameter's.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM

After all the criteria I mentioned? 2 friends them & we can make them work. But only considering/adhering to a narrow range of parameter's.

I do not understand your response.
What criteria? I'm posting about MAGAZINE FAILURE.
Not function of the pistol.
Shooting more, lubricating more, how tight or loose I grip the pistol will have absolutely nothing to to with LOADING THE MAGAZINE to its advertised capacity., or even half that.
H
I will try a mag. Charger, thanx

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sorry, just trying to help. Wasn't quite understanding the OP, wheels & all. But better now. Apologies for cluttering the thread.

Have you contacted KT. ?

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sorry, just trying to help. Wasn't quite understanding the OP, wheels & all. But better now. Apologies for cluttering the thread.

Have you contacted KT. ?
Yeah, twice. Still waiting for them to return calls.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Conceptually, these guns are pretty cool. I would have bought one long ago, but have read too much about magazine and functionality problems. I hope KT gets back to you and takes care of the issue.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I polished the feed ramp on mine as soon as I bought it. As long as I shoot 40gr or heavier ammo I've not had an issue, 30 gr will not cycle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TNRock
I polished the feed ramp on mine as soon as I bought it. As long as I shoot 40gr or heavier ammo I've not had an issue, 30 gr will not cycle.
There have also been claims that failure to keep it clean enough can result in out-of-battery firings, a real attention getter I should think.

Every day’s an adventure.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I never warmed up to Kel-Tec. I am pretty sure I once read that they had a special team of mentally retarded workers that assembled their more exotic offerings. What could be wrong with that approach?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You may want to apply for that job, Clark.....I know you would fit right in.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

425 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 260madman, 1minute, 47 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,859
Posts18,478,555
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.