Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Originally Posted by funshooter
Arizona did a good thing for the property owners in Arizona.
If you own a certain sized Property the Water Rights are yours.

So I own the Water Right for my own personal use in Arizona.

Other States may have different laws.

Not so good when the Saudis came here to AZ and bought up a bunch of farm land and got a bunch of leased land from the government to grow Alphalpha Hay in the middle of our desert because they were smart enough to outlaw growing it in their own desert because it takes so much water. They've basically sucked all the groundwater out of the ground for their hay and dried up all the neighboring farms water wells for miles and miles..

They've really got some dumb people running this state.

Ya I heard about this and they threatened the new property purchasers with not letting them have their water rights because of what the middle easterners are doing.

We had some concerns up our way because of the new laws being tested but we are on a totally different Aquifer under our Community.

Anyone wanting to try and plant crops in the dry desert needs to have their brain tested.
But when Gooberment kick back come into play anything go's for the highest bidder.

They have tons of water problems in Arizona from North to South. It costs thousands to drill wells near the Flagstaff, Williams, Seligman area where a lot of little Homesteads are sold...The wells are pretty deep there and hard to get a good one....Could be pumping tons of money into a dry hole...

I think the Feds have also recently given Cali a bigger chunk of the water from the Colorado river too hosing AZ and Nevada..The Valley has grown so much in the past few years they are always concerned about water usage, but they let Saudis come here and suck up all the groundwater south of Phoenix for their hay? NUTS!!!

I researched and bought a couple of plots of land by Vernon, near Showlow. The best aquifer in the state is over that way and not very deep to drill a well, maybe 300 feet down in most places. Hopefully they don't screw up the rules really bad...Would like to build a cabin over that way someday..

It cost me 16K to drill a well hit 15 gal. a minute at around 325 ft.
I got greedy because y neighbors around me had from 40 to 100 gal. a minute and had the driller drill down to 425 ft to see if I could get more and I still only have 15 gal. a minute.

My property is between Kingman and Seligman in the hill around 5400 to 5600 ft elevation and I have been told by many that we have good water and lots of it under our community

I have been hauling water into my place for years and it get old very fast.
My next trip up there I will drop the pump in the well everything else has been installed and waiting for the pump.
The Drop Pipe was the delay.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Not so good when the Saudis came here to AZ and bought up a bunch of farm land and got a bunch of leased land from the government to grow Alphalpha Hay in the middle of our desert because they were smart enough to outlaw growing it in their own desert because it takes so much water. They've basically sucked all the groundwater out of the ground for their hay and dried up all the neighboring farms water wells for miles and miles..

Ya I heard about this and they threatened the new property purchasers with not letting them have their water rights because of what the middle easterners are doing.

We had some concerns up our way because of the new laws being tested but we are on a totally different Aquifer under our Community.

Anyone wanting to try and plant crops in the dry desert needs to have their brain tested.
But when Gooberment kick back come into play anything go's for the highest bidder.

They have tons of water problems in Arizona from North to South. It costs thousands to drill wells near the Flagstaff, Williams, Seligman area where a lot of little Homesteads are sold...The wells are pretty deep there and hard to get a good one....Could be pumping tons of money into a dry hole...

I think the Feds have also recently given Cali a bigger chunk of the water from the Colorado river too hosing AZ and Nevada..The Valley has grown so much in the past few years they are always concerned about water usage, but they let Saudis come here and suck up all the groundwater south of Phoenix for their hay? NUTS!!!

I researched and bought a couple of plots of land by Vernon, near Showlow. The best aquifer in the state is over that way and not very deep to drill a well, maybe 300 feet down in most places. Hopefully they don't screw up the rules really bad...Would like to build a cabin over that way someday..

I got greedy because y neighbors around me had from 40 to 100 gal. a minute and had the driller drill down to 425 ft to see if I could get more and I still only have 15 gal. a minute.

My property is between Kingman and Seligman in the hill around 5400 to 5600 ft elevation and I have been told by many that we have good water and lots of it under our community

My next trip up there I will drop the pump in the well everything else has been installed and waiting for the pump.

I'm glad it's working out for you. I know some people that drilled closer to Williams area and spent over 70k trying a couple of different spots. Got water for a few months, then it dried up on them...:(...They are back to hauling water and hate it too, and heartbroken over losing all that money.

There's a lot of community wells where I bought in Vernon and people that will haul water for you. I've been lucky though, I have a neighbor nearby the land I bought in Vernon that has a well and would agree to let us go into a contract to share water for a set price like 40 dollars a month, and of course help pay for maintenance on the well...Plus they just ran electric poles nearby the land about a month ago for another house down the road..The road is regularly maintained by the county now which is a big deal in that area due to washes. Got the land dirt cheap many years ago, and seems like everything is falling in place...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 01/15/24.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F

I'm glad it's working out for you. I know some people that drilled closer to Williams area and spent over 70k trying a couple of different spots. Got water for a few months, then it dried up on them...:(...They are back to hauling water and hate it too, and heartbroken over losing all that money.

There's a lot of community wells where I bought in Vernon and people that will haul water for you. I've been lucky though, I have a neighbor nearby the land I bought in Vernon that has a well and would agree to let us go into a contract to share water for a set price like 40 dollars a month, and of course help pay for maintenance on the well...Plus they just ran electric poles nearby the land about a month ago for another house down the road..The road is regularly maintained by the county now which is a big deal in that area due to washes. Got the land dirt cheap many years ago, and seems like everything is falling in place...

We have a Community called Fort Rock right next to ours and they have poor water for the most part.
They had one guy drill down to 1000 ft and got 1 gal. a minute.

I am glad I lucked out and purchased the property I did. 9 miles on a dirt road North of hwy 40. Not very many looky loows make it that far back.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
"... They still can't suck the oil out from under your land if they don't have the mineral rights, or your land is not part of the pool of mineral right owners that comprise the drilling unit. ..."

Exactly. That's what I meant by ... How they determine "what" is being produced from "whom" and which "zone", I have no idea?!

I can only surmise that seismograph (sp?) gives producers a clear enough idea of where formations are and what (?) belongs to who (?).

The very reason ol' John Doe doesn't need to deal with drilling/production companies FTF. You need a professional who knows "what's what"!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
They can inject chemicals into the formation to see if the oil you are producing is your or not.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

R
rufous Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
We made an offer on the property yesterday and it was accepted today. It turns out a retired landman lives across the road from the property and he backed up what Petro told me. Odds of the mineral rights owner wanting to put in a gas well on our property is slim to none. Guess we will be having a home built for us.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
"... They still can't suck the oil out from under your land if they don't have the mineral rights, or your land is not part of the pool of mineral right owners that comprise the drilling unit. ..."

Exactly. That's what I meant by ... How they determine "what" is being produced from "whom" and which "zone", I have no idea?!

I can only surmise that seismograph (sp?) gives producers a clear enough idea of where formations are and what (?) belongs to who (?).

The very reason ol' John Doe doesn't need to deal with drilling/production companies FTF. You need a professional who knows "what's what"!

The reason I asked for who owns the mineral rights on the property's I have purchased is because there was a housing track in Utah when I was in High School where they found oil.
The oil company's wanted the oil but did not want to buy up all of the houses over the oil.

I found out about the situation because I was going to purchase (1) of the lots and build my first home in that area

The oil company's diagonally drilled under those home to get the oil out from under them and it created some issues with the homes.
This was back in the 70s or 80s
I never purchased that lot that I wanted and never built the home.

Big money talks and the little guy most always gets screwed.

Last edited by funshooter; 01/26/24.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
In many cases gas wells are set on a 640 acre spacing and if more wells are allowed in a spacing many times they will be drilled from an existing location using directional methods which saves the drilling company money by not having the additional costs of more surface damage to landowners. We have one location that has had four wells drilled from it all producing oil.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rufous
There are natural gas wells in the vicinity but I am not sure how close the nearest one is. I wonder if there is a map of current wells? Our realtor said that if there is a current well nearby then a gas company would not likely drill another one but we are not sure on those details.

Access and availability to this information varies wildly from state to state. In IL I could answer you question in seconds. I work for my states Abandoned Mine Lands department. So I'm familiar with how to find some of this. Knowing what to search for helps. I found this in a couple of minutes. It might be of some help

https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgis.arkansas.gov%2Farcgis%2Frest%2Fservices%2FFEATURESERVICES%2FUtilities%2FFeatureServer%2F5&source=sd

https://gis.arkansas.gov/product/arkansas-oil-and-gas-wells/

Last edited by minengr; 01/27/24.
R
rufous Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks Minengr, I will check it out.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I did a Google search for Arizona Mineral Rights this morning.
I less that 5 minutes I had a free Land Report that stated just about everything about my property.

I asked my escrow company when I purchased the property to find out who owned the mineral rights and the held up my purchase until I left the mineral rights question alone because they could not find the information for me.

5 minutes is all it took me to get my free land report and there was more than just the mineral right holder in that report.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Get the best Oil and Gas lawyer you can find, we did years ago and his family has been ranchers for ever out here, he understands and takes care of us, completely trust him, he has made us money.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (12344mag, 219DW, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,143
Posts18,502,764
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.