Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
[quote=antelope_sniper]Have you tried using Brave Browser?

It has a built in add blocker and anti-tracking features.[/quote

Youtube has found a way around Brave's adblockers. I had to switch back to Firefox to get rid of them.

I canceled Ad Blocker Plus just so I could watch You tube videos. I got real good at cancelling the ads as soon as they appeared. After a month or so I reinstalled Ad Blocker plus and the ads are gone again! I use the Chrome browser.

Ad Blocker, Ublock and YouTubes viewer are in a war right Youtube ads right now.

You tube makes some changes, the blocker make some update, and the spiral continues.

So far the results of YouTubes anti-ad blocking campaign's better ad blockers and more people using ad blockers and other privacy products such as VPN's and TOR.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"I reinstalled Ad Blocker plus and the ads are gone again!"

Well that didn't last long. As of a few days ago You Tube is worse than it ever was.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't ever see ads on YT, but I occasionally get the black screen telling me I have to disable my ad blockers. That lasts for maybe a day until the smart folks at Brave browser and uBlock Origin come up with yet another work-around. Then everything plays fine and ad-free for weeks.

Your choice of both browser and ad blocker has a major impact on this.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I don't ever see ads on YT, but I occasionally get the black screen telling me I have to disable my ad blockers. That lasts for maybe a day until the smart folks at Brave browser and uBlock Origin come up with yet another work-around. Then everything plays fine and ad-free for weeks.

Your choice of both browser and ad blocker has a major impact on this.

^^^ This ^^^

But I use Firefox. Think it's more Ublock Origin as that's what I use.

Last edited by Steve; 01/15/24.

Carpe' Scrotum
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I can't post from youtube, has Rick blocked me?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Firefox is very good, Steve. I used to use it as my primary browser until the Mozilla folks started getting a bit too "Big Corporate" in their thinking. Now I use Brave but also keep Firefox and unGoogled Chromium installed for the rare instance when Brave doesn't work with some website or other.

I don't use anything that tracks me and reports my data to third parties - at least as much as I am able. No Chrome, Edge, Google, or Bing. It's almost impossible to completely avoid Google, sadly. Google Earth, Youtube, and Gmail are all evil but useful.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by WMR
Expecting a free service without any advertising? Really? How exactly does one expect such a site to exist? JMO, but a few short ads seem like a small price to pay.

Entitled old curmudgeon syndrome...this place is full of em.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had to turn off the ad blocker recently too. Most of the ads aren't too bad and you can skip them after five seconds. The ones that really irk me are the obviously deceptive ones like the magic heater that plugs into an outlet and will heat your house for pennies or the magic device that plugs into your car and doubles your MPGs. I hope YouTube charges them double.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
WMR, when you watch TV, do you studiously and attentively watch each and every commercial, or do you use those four minutes out of every 10 minutes to go pee? Don't you owe it to those advertisers?

No? Then what makes the internet any different?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 2,043 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,064
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.