Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nzlhaed
No - never going back- Biden nomics- inflation- Hope your income can keep up- I live in California and it’s what’s coming! 4.50 gas

Gas here, both in WV and neighboring VA is down below $3, as low as $2.65 at the nearest Sheetz. I don’t use much, maybe a tank every two weeks in my old Ranger, so not a huge deal either way.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Down to $2.84 locally--and has been dropping steadily since the summer tourist season, from a high of $4.33.

Last edited by Mule Deer; 01/13/24.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Paid $4/gallon this morning, Sunoco 93 (both of my cars demand high octane gas, but on the plus side they get over 30mpg so I don't really mind paying an extra buck/gallon - it balances out). Noticed regular was $3/gallon.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Deisel price is dropping noticably here in Az. Must be an election coming up.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
With the direction this world is going ? You really expect
prices to drop ?
LMAO
Kenneth

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The Demand for LR primers exceed the supply. I can't find what I want anywhere locally. That is not a recipe for lower prices.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
They only charge what people will pay.
The choice is yours.
Because we have been through this several times over the last 30 years, most should be able to read the tea leaves by now.

I will never need primers as I stocked at $29 a brick only 4 or 5 years ago. Also some stores are more routinely less expensive than others. They deserve the patronage.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Brownels has Remington 9.5 LR in stock. 89 a brick with 10 percent off if spend $200 or more. Not bad.

Last edited by Buckbandit; 01/15/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As MD wrote - military usage is an issue (maybe main issue)
Also, I knew a guy that bought lots of reloading components when the president between the Bush’s was in office. When my friend died, his son-in-law, who inherited his stuff and is an avid shooter and travels long distances to matches around the country stated he has enough components that he and his kids will never have to buy primers/powder/bullets/lead.

As AussieGunWriter wrote - this is an event that re-occurs - when prices drop - buy.

Funny how when a Democrat is in office prices on primers and powder go up??? I doubt that I’m the only one who has noticed this.

Last edited by Bugger; 01/15/24.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bugger
As MD wrote - military usage is an issue (maybe main issue)
Also, I knew a guy that bought lots of reloading components when the president between the Bush’s was in office. When my friend died, his son-in-law, who inherited his stuff and is an avid shooter and travels long distances to matches around the country stated he has enough components that he and his kids will never have to buy primers/powder/bullets/lead.

As AussieGunWriter wrote - this is an event that re-occurs - when prices drop - buy.

Funny how when a Democrat is in office prices on primers and powder go up??? I doubt that I’m the only one who has noticed this.
MAGA make ammo greatly available.👍

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
They only charge what people will pay.
The choice is yours.
Because we have been through this several times over the last 30 years, most should be able to read the tea leaves by now.

I will never need primers as I stocked at $29 a brick only 4 or 5 years ago. Also some stores are more routinely less expensive than others. They deserve the patronage.
100% TRUTH ive got more than I will need and then some.
that were bought long ago.
Anybody who has reloaded for atleast 4 or 5 years should have learned a lesson by history, repeats it self evertime Has now 3 times in my 38 years reloading and it will again BOOK IT!

Last edited by sherm_61; 01/16/24.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I paid $80 for a brick of Federal 210’s the other day at my local. I didn’t even hesitate to pick them up. The guy that was putting them on the shelf said he found them in an unmarked box in the warehouse. He was pretty shocked to find them that’s for sure. I didn’t give a darn. I have seen those on the shelf 2 times in the last 4 years. I am not. Holding out hoping to save $25 on 1000 rifle cartridges seems like a total waste of time

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No offense, but fantasizing about prices dropping is just that . A fantasy

I bought a brand new house that I am still living in 23 years ago for 20% of what it would cost today. I am darn lucky that I bought when I did.

When was the last time you priced a new truck?

Gas, tires, groceries???

Someone in here said you had better look for ways to make a few extra bucks because it isn’t coming down. Ever

Our government is spending endless resources on fighting every battle in the world, and inviting everyone to immigrate from other countries with benefits and competing with you and your children for what work hasn’t been relocated to another country already.

The stuff ain’t coming down unfortunately. Better come up with another plan

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I bought 500 CCI 400s the other day for $ 5.25 per 100 at Vandenberg SFB. That's 1/2 price compared to LGS and online stores. If they can sell them that cheap something is going on at the LGSs.

Liars should have good memories.
H. Babcock
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Yaddio
I bought 500 CCI 400s the other day for $ 5.25 per 100 at Vandenberg SFB. That's 1/2 price compared to LGS and online stores. If they can sell them that cheap something is going on at the LGSs.

I’ve never been in any AAFES that sales reloading equipment. Nice find!

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I’ve never been in any AAFES that sales reloading equipment. Nice find![/quote]

The base Rod and Gun Club sells powder, primers, etc.

H. Babcock
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Yaddio
I’ve never been in any AAFES that sales reloading equipment. Nice find!

The base Rod and Gun Club sells powder, primers, etc.[/quote]

The Base Rod and Gun Club on Camp Lejeune is where I scored my first RL26 and 23!

Semper Fi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Around here good luck finding a brick... they just sell them it seems in packs of 100, for between $9 to $11.

Miss being able to buy things on base. Even if I still had access to it, the closest military base is either 400 miles north in Washington, or 400 miles south into California.

Fiocchi is selling primers in a package of 1500 primers instead of a 1000.
Their individual packs contain 150 primers instead the regular 100.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Seafire, too bad you live so far away from a base. When Trump was in office he gave Commissary and Exchange privileges to all Veterans.

Originally Posted by Seafire
Around here good luck finding a brick... they just sell them it seems in packs of 100, for between $9 to $11.

Miss being able to buy things on base. Even if I still had access to it, the closest military base is either 400 miles north in Washington, or 400 miles south into California.

Fiocchi is selling primers in a package of 1500 primers instead of a 1000.
Their individual packs contain 150 primers instead the regular 100.

H. Babcock
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by MRKbass2
No offense, but fantasizing about prices dropping is just that . A fantasy

I bought a brand new house that I am still living in 23 years ago for 20% of what it would cost today. I am darn lucky that I bought when I did.

When was the last time you priced a new truck?

Gas, tires, groceries???

Someone in here said you had better look for ways to make a few extra bucks because it isn’t coming down. Ever

Our government is spending endless resources on fighting every battle in the world, and inviting everyone to immigrate from other countries with benefits and competing with you and your children for what work hasn’t been relocated to another country already.

The stuff ain’t coming down unfortunately. Better come up with another plan
💯

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 51 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,578
Posts18,473,324
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.