Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I typically set the cruise on 73 in a 70 zone. You have speed governed trucks and a few people who will not go over the posted speed limit. Then you have those drivers who will run 77 or so thinking they won't be ticketed at that speed. This group seems to be the majority. Then you have those that haul ass and those that go really slow, those typically being large towing vehicles. That speed works great for me, because I won't get a ticket and don't have to do anything when I see enforcement. I often find myself in a nice bubble with nobody around me.

When I go to pass, I look behind and make sure that nobody is going to have to jam on the brakes. I'll keep my speed at 73 if nobody is coming up behind me. I'll run it up to 76 or 77 if someone will arrive at my back bumper before I complete my pass. Someone who thinks I am supposed to dive out of their way into a tight gap between vehicles or speed up to a speed that will get me a ticket, so that they can do 95, will be disappointed.

If i come up in the left lane behind someone who is actively passing, I remain a safe distance behind. If I come up behind someone running a rolling road block, I stay back and give a few flashes of the lights. If that doesn't work, I start crowding them.

I hear you, Paul. That's me.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I run I81 daily. See all levels of dumbfugkery.
I usually set cruise at 79mph and try to keep ahead of the idiots.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No matter what the speed limit is getting in that left lane and not staying with the faster traffic is not safe. I-70 across Missouri is a good example. Most of the time that left lane is going 80 mph. It doesn't seem unsafe to me as long as the traffic doesn't get bunched up but when it does it's almost always someone with their cruise set and lollygagging along. I wish we had more guys in our state like this guy in the video.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
The left lane campers can be irritating but the real boneheads are the APD guys who like to do what is called pacing, during rush hour. They'll get in the left lane and match the speed of the guy in the right lane and back up traffic from Eagle River to the flats. Apparently they think its funny. I followed them a couple times to make sure it was a cop because of the unmarked car and sure enough they drove straight to APD. I miss Alaska but I don't miss that drive to Anchorage.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Plenty of Karens patrolling the left lane.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I run I81 daily. See all levels of dumbfugkery.
I usually set cruise at 79mph and try to keep ahead of the idiots.
You pass me yesterday ?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
MN drivers are the worst. Camped out in the left lane.

It's called the "Minnesota Wedge" where an idiot in the fast lane matches speed with someone in the slow lane, just like Cecil above bragged about doing. He's from Iowa, so it must have spread south........

Exactly!!! New Mexico drivers play that game a lot on Interstate 25 between Las Vegas and Santa Fe. They don’t do that on I25 between Santa Fe and Albuquerque because they will get their heads blown off by the guy they’re Fuggin with!

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Either give your concerned children your car keys, or stay out of the left lane on the interstate. The end!

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
If I am on the interstate, I am going to a far away place, and I want to get there quickly. Otherwise, I’ll take a highway or backroad for sightseeing tours. I sure wish other folks would have the good decency to do the same.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
My point is that neither side is entitled. If you’re not passing then stay in the right lanes. Still doesn’t give clowns the right to speed and create unsafe driving conditions which both conditions can and do create.

IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I got some ptsd schit going on bad wreck a few yrs ago rattled me I’m the slow mofo in the right lane

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If some meathead BEHIND ME thinks I'm gonna do 90 because he thinks I'm "in his way", he can GFH.
another4 woman driver.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Slower traffic keep right, it's pretty self-explanatory. If someone is behind you get the he'll over. I try to be respectful and not ride up on someone's bumper. But if I have to pass someone on the right I always flip them the finger.

Life is good live it while you can.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I got some ptsd schit going on bad wreck a few yrs ago rattled me I’m the slow mofo in the right lane
And I admire you for that, sir!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This left lane discussion says “there is no speed limit”, or maybe if your going 85 in the left lane in a 70MPH zone, and some one wants to pass you in the left lane and they are going 90, you get the ticket for going too slow while camping in the left lane. I will not camp in the left lane when everyone on the road in the right lane goes at least the speed limit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Left lane is for passing unless you are an [bleep], so I imagine there's several campers here on the campfire.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Left lane is for passing unless you are an [bleep], so I imagine there's several campers here on the campfire.

There’s other reasons to be in the left lane if you are not passing

The highways here in NM are in such disrepair from Semi traffic that the right lanes are often full of Giant cracks, potholes, ruts with stretches of rough fuqked up asphalt

I often cruise in the left lane because the road is in better shape, always aware of faster drivers approaching

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
The best time ever to drive was during the covid lockdown. All the knuckleheads who were worried about the speed limit were cowering in their houses, so the people who know how to drive had the freeway to ourselves. Folks going 100+, no accidents, no rush hour, just good, wide open travel.

It seems people who think the govt can tell them how fast to drive to be safe also think the govt can tell them to stay home to be safe.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

There’s other reasons to be in the left lane if you are not passing

The highways here in NM are in such disrepair from Semi traffic that the right lanes are often full of Giant cracks, potholes, ruts with stretches of rough fuqked up asphalt

I often cruise in the left lane because the road is in better shape, always aware of faster drivers approaching
That the secret, you are aware of other drivers. Most left lane campers either aren't aware, or are intentionally being dicks.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Get the f₩ck out of the way.

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,821
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.