Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by sherm_61
What is really pathetic is people wanna blame Sleepy Joe, Putin or the Ukraine war etc but did anybody hold a gun to your head while you pulled out the credit card and hit the buy button?
Do you really think the Czechs would have bought Vista if the profit margins weren't high?

Do you think Vista would have sold out if staying is business were more profitable?
Sure do. Look at there history there not in anything for the long run. Make bank and move on to something else.
Does Remington and Savage ring a Bell. Vista is in the business of buying company's for low dollar and selling high dollar.
I think since 2021 they have returned 14 Billion to investors.
Do you really think Vista investors would have approved 8 million dollar bonus to there CEO if they wouldn't have record profits in 2022.

Last edited by sherm_61; 01/14/24.
GB1

B
BC3 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Please stop with the conspiracy theories! Has anyone remembered learning about supply and demand back in high school? Two major wars going on right now with massive expenditures of ammunition (how many pounds of powder are used for each artillery round?). And the rest of the world rebuilding stockpiles. Where do you all think the powder is coming from to manufacture new ammunition?
I dislike the high prices as much as anyone but let's please just acknowledge reality. At least you currently have the option to actually purchase components. Remember not too long ago when you couldn't find primers or power or brass or bullets anywhere at any price?
Cheers

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Conspiracy theories HILARIOUS! 2 major wars? Were are you at? Ahhh does Iraq and Afghanistan ring a bell? Was all this powder and primers B.S going on then?
How much ammo do we produce a year? 13 billion
How much small arms ammo goes to ukraine a year?413 million.
Did Vista have record profits in 2021 and 2022?
Did the largest egg supplier have 700% profit last year?
Do I need to go on.
As to not ever find anything did you look on gunbroker.
There were alot guys living on the computer buying everything they could and reselling on GB for double the price FACT

Last edited by sherm_61; 01/15/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Do you actually think that if people would have stuck together and not paid these gouging prices for just 3 months we would be in this position 3 years later because that is exactly what happened the last 2 times.
Problem is majority just open there wallet anymore and don't give 2 $hits.
Has inflation caused prices to go up sure it has but not 300- 500 percent.
Please point out anything I've posted is not true.

Last edited by sherm_61; 01/15/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BC3
Please stop with the conspiracy theories! Has anyone remembered learning about supply and demand back in high school? Two major wars going on right now with massive expenditures of ammunition (how many pounds of powder are used for each artillery round?). And the rest of the world rebuilding stockpiles. Where do you all think the powder is coming from to manufacture new ammunition?
I dislike the high prices as much as anyone but let's please just acknowledge reality. At least you currently have the option to actually purchase components. Remember not too long ago when you couldn't find primers or power or brass or bullets anywhere at any price?
Cheers
Oh I learned about supply and demand, Does the OPEC nations create supply and demand to control oil prices?
Do you think it doesn't happen by companys here in the U.S.?

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Conspiracy theories HILARIOUS! 2 major wars? Were are you at? Ahhh does Iraq and Afghanistan ring a bell? Was all this powder and primers B.S going on then?

It’s all a conspiracy…..

The whole world is arming up. And yes, the whole world is buying more munitions than we were expending in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Ukraine is expending relatively little ammo, they’re expending a LOT of propellant.
The use of artillery, rockets, and missiles in Ukraine has even motivated a reset in Pentagon strategy—and beyond.

But, conspiracies are a lot more fun……..

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

It’s all a conspiracy…..

The whole world is arming up. And yes, the whole world is buying more munitions than we were expending in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Ukraine is expending relatively little ammo, they’re expending a LOT of propellant.
The use of artillery, rockets, and missiles in Ukraine has even motivated a reset in Pentagon strategy—and beyond.

But, conspiracies are a lot more fun……..
The fun part is watching alot of you make these CEO'S
8,10 12 million dollar bonuses then bitch about the prices while you fork over the money.
What is even funnier is you think $hit like that doesn't take place in this country? Only because you wanna feel better about paying the prices. Once again answer the question did Vista make record profits in 2021 and 2022 or is that a conspiracy? How about the truth this time.
I almost forgot I guess we didn't use any rockets, missiles etc in Iraq and Afghanistan either.

Last edited by sherm_61; 01/16/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Do you actually know how much small arms ammo ammo we were using in 2004 a year at the start of Iraq war?
How much a year we send to Ukraine?
Or just believe everything your spoon feed?

Last edited by sherm_61; 01/16/24.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Powder prices are too rich for my blood. $55 per pound for 8 lbs of Shooters World. It makes no sense. I am done. I will not purchase a stockpile of powder. I am done, pure and simple. In the event that the prices fall, I may be back in, but for now, I refuse to see a sucker when I look in the mirror.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
About 2 weeks ago I picked up a 8 pound jug of IMR 7828 SSC for $389. I just bit my lip when I checked out as I needed the powder. Today I feel happy that I bought it for that price, go figure.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
For the amount of shooting I typically do in a year, I can afford it. But I’m probably not taking up any high volume games in the future, which sucks because I always wanted to.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (257 mag, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 2500HD, 21 invisible), 1,668 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.