Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
ttt
Happy New Year Folks smile

Listen with your ears.Or they will make you stupid.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
On condition alone I think you should have a price increase for 2008.Seem's most of these boy's would rather stuff their safe's with 3 or 4 pieces of chitt than one nice one

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[bleep] for shooting,

Condition is for RESALE! wink

Happy New Year JED!

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Actually, the current 'market' has spoken. Seems that Jed is mostly trolling for that 'special' person that could be associated with what P.T. Barnum once said.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm surprised he didn't hook one that swim's around here.Beautiful gun though

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by carbon12
Actually, the current 'market' has spoken. Seems that Jed is mostly trolling for that 'special' person that could be associated with what P.T. Barnum once said.

Any chance you could pick it up from Jed and sell it to me for what it's really worth? smile smile smile

Note the smiling faces smile .. BP...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
smile noted.

"Why lie when the truth is so much more fun ..."

Would if I could but I liquidated my life's fortune to get in on a Nigerian gem deal. Perhaps when the deal comes through (in the next week I am told) I can.

Last edited by carbon12; 01/01/08. Reason: extra fun
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by carbon12

The person who buys this rifle certainly won't be a fool. I'm not aware of one in the same condition available anywhere for any less. My interest is in earlier vintage rifles, otherwise I'd be after this one. Savages are still sleepers and have certainly not reached the apex of their value. A rifle in mint shape like this one with hang tags is a prize. But, this ain't no Vegas gun show wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by olgrouser
[bleep] for shooting,

Condition is for RESALE! wink

Burt ,
that just about sums it up ......." Condition is for investment " .

I've been sitting back and watching this post unfold . I had to pipe in .

I don't travel to many gun shows - Saratoga , NY or mid-state N.H , Vermont , or Maine being the furthest I will roam looking for 99's in this stage of my life . I am blessed to be able to do that right now with 4 children under the age of 10 ... and seldom - very seldom , do I find any 99's in the condition Jed's rifles are in . I mean come on , your choice of caliber !? shocked

At these shows , the majority of specimens I see are in 60% condition with non-factory " embellishments " and come with price tags way above what they should be ( $745 for a $225 rifle ). Do the math , that's 3 times what it's worth . If I'm going to pay more than market tells me I should , it will be mint with all paperwork ... There is no regrets about that - in my mind anyways . I've seen all of Jed's Savages' - there isn't one that isn't 99% mint ...... Wait , there is a couple of shooters that are in 95% .

Also , I have an A.P.B. out on 1895/1899/99's with 14 gunshops in 3 neighboring states . These shops know if it's a Savage and it has a lever - they call , I come , I take it or leave it ..... I don't see but 1 or 2 a year in the condition Jed's are in .

If I had the money , I would be - at least - giving Jed an offer . ... however , the payment plan option is stirring up the " little red guy " on my left shoulder grin

Know what Jed ? ... PM sent .

Last edited by gd'40EG-300; 01/01/08.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Actually, the current 'market' has spoken

The current gaggle of Dub's that are running prices on the on-line auction sites,are representative of what real-world prices,for rifles w/condition are worth?
Surely you jest smile
That internet auction crap (most of it) ain't worth the packaging it's shipped in...and the Dub's get in a bidding war for JUNK.Not xactly what I call accurate market prices.
I know the F is a bargain at the price I would accept.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Not seeing an "I'll take it" from the Savage 99 cognosenti of this board for Jed's offer speaks louder than protestations by recent boosters.

"If I had the funds....", "If I was in the market...." are empty recommendations at best. Sadly for Jed, those would-be-buyers claiming "if...." are precisely what market forces are comprised of. But of course, most of you know that.

In the area of Savage 99 collectibles, there are few that are Jed's equal. Having said that, a word to the those on the learning curve which I include myself. Ask this question when contemplating a collectible purchase; What would JP do? Note, the key word is 'do', not what he sez.

Last edited by carbon12; 01/01/08. Reason: sentence fragment
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey ain't that a popular wrist bracelet, "WWJD" ???

I'll need to remember that when negotiating, " what would Jed do ? wink wink wink

Do the matching serial numbered pair still exist?

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Three things I learned from JP.

1) A prudent investment buy is only when there is at least a probable 20% equitity immediately realized.

2) Ya, it is a no brainer that any Savage 99 you buy today will be worth more in the future. How long in the future that will be is the cost of your 'education'.

3) JP's "condition, condition, condition..." tune never wavers, as it should. The 'bargain' pitch wavers depending on whether buying or selling. As it should.

In any case,

Can't blame a guy for fishing for the big, fat and dumb ones in need of an 'education'. It is part of the fun.

Last edited by carbon12; 01/02/08.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Any pre-mil 99 in new condition is a bargain,at whatever price one needs to pay to aquire said rifle.
One thing you haven't picked-up...
It's ok to pay a little too much for a rifle w/condition...you will always recover.
Ask the fella's here that bought 358 F's in mint condition from me for 1500 a few years ago,if they regreting JP's advice wink
Hang in!Keep your nose to the grind.
You write eloquently smile

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
fishing for the big, fat and dumb ones in need of an 'education'

Time will tell who the 'fat and dumb' are smile

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jed_1899
Any pre-mil 99 in new condition is a bargain,at whatever price one needs to pay to aquire said rifle.
One thing you haven't picked-up...
It's ok to pay a little too much for a rifle w/condition...you will always recover.
Ask the fella's here that bought 358 F's in mint condition from me for 1500 a few years ago,if they regreting JP's advice wink
Hang in!Keep your nose to the grind.
You write eloquently smile

Thank you for the compliment.

Goong Hay Fat Choy

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Jed, Don't be giving too many free lessons!!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
There be some hard-learner's in this bunch wink
In my best Dangerfield...I get no respect!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Na Jed, your price is right on, you have hang tags, that I can garuntee are the originals. I'm assuming you got my last PM. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Violator22
Na Jed, your price is right on, you have hang tags, that I can garuntee are the originals. I'm assuming you got my last PM. Les

V22,

Don't see your "I'll take it".

As you probably know; money talks. Everybody else... walks.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1minute, 222Sako, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 12,609 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,369
Posts18,547,149
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.