Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I don't think I have any 40 years tools.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The suspense is terrific 😂😇

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 78CJ
Just got in from a hike, time for dinner. After that I'll break out the 40 year old chipped up Stanley's and clamp'er in the vice! Pics soon....

A hike in this weather? You are tougher than me. And I do appreciate your humor.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
78CJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So, let me start out by saying I appreciate everyone trying to quell the negatives. There are certainly some posts on FS items that border on inappropriate. In this case I am not concerned. I had not considered this may be a crack. I only photoed that spot for the SN. If someone sees something wrong with anything I am selling I appreciate them speaking up. I am not interested in selling my reputation by trying to dupe someone for a couple hundred bucks.

I sell on here and Gunbroker. I did not take this to GB as anymore I try to avoid the hassle on items that are more common. Hard core collector stuff yes, as we all know the reality is that your going to reach a bigger audience and frankly there are some things that are only going to sell to flippers here at a serious loss.

Funny story, I have only had one "F" on GB. Was a buyer out of Oregon that bought an AK-47. He was all in a tizzy after he and his "Gunsmith" inspected the gun and identified a "chip" in the rifling. Needless to say I did not refund the gun even after he threatened to blog me out of existence! Bonus points if you can tell me what they were seeing......

Lastly, I have had several PM offers and I appreciate it. One thing I will say is that I am not a negotiator. I just don't do it. So if you want it for a price, name your best because I am either going to accept or decline. Nothing wrong with negotiation but it's just not my nature. Takes up too much time and digs into things like hiking in 12"-18" of snow in single digits!

Last edited by 78CJ; 01/16/24.
78CJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Oh, as to Capone's vault.......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is a scratch

IC B2

78CJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I did miss that the floorplate has a scratch

Looks like 1949

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Looks good to go. On the rifling oil spot. Enjoy your hiking. I myself walk our property in the snow but do not get near that much anymore. Always see some real neat stuff.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, let me start out by saying I appreciate everyone trying to quell the negatives. There are certainly some posts on FS items that border on inappropriate. In this case I am not concerned. I had not considered this may be a crack. I only photoed that spot for the SN. If someone sees something wrong with anything I am selling I appreciate them speaking up. I am not interested in selling my reputation by trying to dupe someone for a couple hundred bucks.

I hope you didn't take my posts as negative or accusing you of anything as that was never my intent. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked but I was asking questions about what appeared to be a crack. From the pictures you just posted I no longer have that concern and it looks like a very solid 75 year old rifle. Your pictures also answered the questions about accra glass and bedding compounds so THANK YOU SIR. Now we come to the topic of "enjoying" hikes in 18 inches of fresh powder in single digit temps.........:)

78CJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 160user

I hope you didn't take my posts as negative or accusing you of anything as that was never my intent. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked but I was asking questions about what appeared to be a crack. From the pictures you just posted I no longer have that concern and it looks like a very solid 75 year old rifle. Your pictures also answered the questions about accra glass and bedding compounds so THANK YOU SIR. Now we come to the topic of "enjoying" hikes in 18 inches of fresh powder in single digit temps.........:)

Not at all, that was my point. I hadn't considered that anomaly so it made for good conversation.

As for the hiking. We just try and keep moving, I am convinced that is part of the equation when it comes to longevity but you never know.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you spend enough time on here you won't need to hike any more. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle and running each other into the ground. smile

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
0-2 on finding Capone's gold. But at least no one punched you in the nose, right?

78CJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
0-2 on finding Capone's gold. But at least no one punched you in the nose, right?

Not recently anyway!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Only thing I can think of that would look like a chip in the rifling in AK barrel would be the gas port hole.....??

78CJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jmcdguns
Only thing I can think of that would look like a chip in the rifling in AK barrel would be the gas port hole.....??

Yup, I could not convince them that is what it was!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've seen "cracks" like that in gunstocks that I think weren't cracks at all, merely wind checks in the original stick that came out of the tree. Often not discovered until the wood is opened up when making the stock.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
GLWS. Free bump on a sweet rifle.

I would buy it right now myself if my family wasn’t expecting another baby in May!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Three pages and still nobody has said the magic words.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Three pages and still nobody has said the magic words.

Including you......

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I will take it. Per. PM's

Thanks, Fred

Last edited by LazyL0228; 01/18/24. Reason: .
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by LazyL0228
I will take it. Per. PM's

Thanks, Fred

Someone finally came to their senses.

Well bought.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,874
Posts18,518,082
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.