Has anyone followed this? Any thoughts?

Czech Company to Purchase

Last edited by K22; 01/17/24.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes, I saw that a few months back. I followed it for a week or so and nothing else was said.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by K22
Has anyone followed this? Any thoughts?
Czech Company to Purchase
Well, at least those American companies (CCI, Federal, Speer, etc) are now owned by a hard core 'shooting/firearms/gunny' company which VISTA Outdoors isn't and never will be.

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
....but at the first hint of The Russian Bear sniffing at their doorstep where do you think CCI stuff will be funneled to?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Bingo.

About 2/3 - 3/4 of all the primers & rimfire ammo made in the nation included in this transaction.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Online Sleepy
Campfire Member
The factories typically don't move, just a change in ownership (and investment), which means US made ammo is still subject to export restrictions.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The sale of America and it's values continues

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yurrup has plenty of factories making ammo and components already, hence the Ginex primers and scads of ammo exported here. Fiocchi makes most of its ammo here now, no doubt to reduce costs. There’s a whole slew of new independent ammo companies here now too. AAC, owned by Palmetto State Armory is one. Their 5.7x28 is cheap and good, and has the same VMaxes as the other brands, all of which BTW are loaded by Fiocchi using FN brass. AAC makes its own brass, and has a proprietary coating that seems just as effective and possibly more durable than the other stuff.

I’d probably have to take off my shoes to count all the shotshell brands I see online, domestic and imported. Regrettably, none of them is Hull, the excellent British brand. Aside from CCI, most of my .22 ammo is imported; serious users know why.

It’s Winter and supplies are pretty good in general right now, and prices of RF, 9mm, .223 and 12ga ammo are about as good as they’re gonna get in the Biden economy. We have an election coming up that if anything will be more contentious than the last General. Might be a good idea to skip some of those double no-fun habanero pumpkin lattes and pick up some needful things before the doody contacts the whirling blades, unless you already have what you’ll need for the next five years or so…….

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep, I see ammo everywhere. Trouble is I don't buy 12ga., 9mm, .223, etc. because I either don't own a gun to shoot it (other than a single shot .223) or the fact that I haven't bought a loaded round of factory ammo of any flavor other than rimfire in a few decades. Walk into a LGS and you see stacks of cheap mass-market blasting ammo clogging the aisles - good for the mag dumpers and the folks who've never pulled a loading press handle in their lives, not so good for we folks who handcraft everything we shoot.

"Gotcha boss. We won't shut down the .223 presses just to run off a small batch of .32-20 brass for the yokels."

"Hey boss? Why's our loading docks crammed ceiling-high with 9mm ammo all the time?"

"Well boys, because that's what the hoi polloi demands. Capitalism writ large."

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't know beans about corporate strategical buyouts and selling, but I think once you get above a certain level, size and money wise...companies like CCI just become markers or poker chips in a much bigger game. I wouldn't look for any radical changes any time soon. CCI may see some more money for modernization and automation.
We have no idea who owns the companies that make the products we use daily. SAP, Siemens, Nestle, VW, Airbus just to name a few we recognize. You cannot buy a wholly US made piece of construction equipment. Cat? Nope , Wujiang and Mitsubishi. John Deere, nope...every major maker in the world, especially Germany, is partnered with JD on something or the other.
Manufacturing has been international for 40 years...not necessarily a bad thing for American consumers. Let's wait and see.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
A Czech company ownes Colt, probably a good thing.

CZ may make Colt great again. Bean counters haven’t historically helped it.

CZ is a gun company primarily, not just a financial conglomerate, an investment holding company per se. Bean counting is secondary to gun making, not the other way around.

IMO,

DF

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
100% agree DF. Colt's will be made the best they ever have been now.

Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Yep, I see ammo everywhere. Trouble is I don't buy 12ga., 9mm, .223, etc. because I either don't own a gun to shoot it (other than a single shot .223) or the fact that I haven't bought a loaded round of factory ammo of any flavor other than rimfire in a few decades. Walk into a LGS and you see stacks of cheap mass-market blasting ammo clogging the aisles - good for the mag dumpers and the folks who've never pulled a loading press handle in their lives, not so good for we folks who handcraft everything we shoot.

"Gotcha boss. We won't shut down the .223 presses just to run off a small batch of .32-20 brass for the yokels."

"Hey boss? Why's our loading docks crammed ceiling-high with 9mm ammo all the time?"

"Well boys, because that's what the hoi polloi demands. Capitalism writ large."

While I’m equipped and supplied to load my own, I buy 9mm because it’s not cost- or time-effective for me to do so. Same applies to .223 for use in my autoloader. I do load for hunting use and accuracy in my bolt gun.

That anyone would deny themselves the incredible pleasures of shotgunning, whether bird-shooting or clays, is beyond belief……

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
My shotgunning days are sadly behind me. I lived and breathed it to the tune of 10,000+ rounds/year, trap, skeet, clays, and hunting. Quit it all when my scoliosis in my back&neck went into overdrive making shotgun shooting a waste of good powder and lead for me. Sold all but a couple shotguns.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,541
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.