Wonder if big stick has one. All y’all probably bought one cause of him

How many 🗜️ you reckon you’ve sold?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
People around here get orgasmic over these fieldcrafts.

They were a well put together package - especially the short actions.

They were never playground approved, however.

Yeah , he is another Ruger RAR enabler

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Wonder if big stick has one. All y’all probably bought one cause of him

What’s your thoughts and experience with them?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was interested in one when they came out but never had a chance to hold one. I was sort of surprised to hear some call the stock clubby.
I figured it would be slender.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
The field craft brand was sold to the same company before the main Barrett sale. The first sale drove the second sale.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Very interested in this thread, still waiting one in a 7mm08 threaded, but no luck yet. I think it would be cool if the made some in the 338 federal, 280ai, just to change it up some:)

J
J
I called Barrett and the gentleman on the line acknowledged the Australian purchaser's original interest in the Fieldcraft and that it is coming back and will be produced in TN and available to the USA market. He said the start date for production is literally TBD ....... said it could be late this year ....... or late next year. Looking forward to it coming back. More calibers is always fun. But he said he *thinks* it'll just pick up where it left off, with the existing calibers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That’s always been a rifle that I’ve been interested in. I missed out on a NOS up for auction a year or so ago on GB. The biggest thing that I’d like to see done differently is a safety that locks the bolt in place and I’d trade a few ounces for a box magazine.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Any updates on when?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sometimes the internet goes crazy and hypes the heck out of something that is no big deal others join in and add to the hype. It’s kinda like when one of my dogs starts barking when they think someone is coming. The other dog starts barking too even though they didn’t hear anything, but it must be something because after all the other dog is barking. The Barrett Fieldcraft is an example of this on the campfire.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I never saw a Fieldcraft in person. I read that the barreled action was top shelf for sure but many liked the stocks on the Kimber Montanas better?

If someone asked you for a 5 star stock suggestion what would it be? I could see buying one more rifle for the rest of my days if it checked all the light weight easy to shoot well and crazy accurate boxes.

Maybe 2 of them if a slow twist .223 was an option. The first one would be 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't care what any of the Creedmoor is a poor reflection on a persons "manliness level" people say. I own one and have loaded for another. The ease of getting bragging sized groups is a big plus and I'm not planning to hunt anything larger than deer and maybe a black bear.

Montana stock is a POS next to that fieldcraft stock. Montana stock is cold moulded fiberglass made in Costa Rica, the Fieldcraft had an AG composite stock.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Slimblundt
Oregonmuley
JH2785

Thanks for posting interesting and useful links and information

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
This statement by the Rob Nioa is concerning.

"But in Australia, for more than 20 years, I’ve certainly worked at various state and federal government levels advocating for sensible gun laws for the industry." .

Here that would be what a gun control advocate would say.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by EIB0879
This statement by the Rob Nioa is concerning.

"But in Australia, for more than 20 years, I’ve certainly worked at various state and federal government levels advocating for sensible gun laws for the industry." .

Here that would be what a gun control advocate would say.

Rob Nioa is definitely not an advocate for gun control. He is in fact hated by them, and puts a good deal of his time and money into representing the interests of shooters, who are, after all, customers. A minute or so of research would have told you that.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very happy with my threaded 6 Creed and 22-250 wallowed out to 22 Creed, a 6.5 just to have would be nice.

The Evil Twins and the the ugly stepchild do fit better, Montana's with Lilja factory dupes.

Betting when they resurface they will be no less than 1,999.99

Dave

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RDW
Very happy with my threaded 6 Creed and 22-250 wallowed out to 22 Creed, a 6.5 just to have would be nice.

The Evil Twins and the the ugly stepchild do fit better, Montana's with Lilja factory dupes.

Interested in your 22/250 to 22 creed conversion. What was involved ?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by RDW

Sent to that gunsmith in CA, he sent it back a few days later after running a reamer through the bore.

Dave

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by RDW

Sent to that gunsmith in CA, he sent it back a few days later after running a reamer through the bore.
It had to be rebored or rechambered?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
You send it to Shaen. He rechambers to 22 creed. Easy peasy. Shaen is the best smith I’ve encountered.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I never saw a Fieldcraft in person. I read that the barreled action was top shelf for sure but many liked the stocks on the Kimber Montanas better?

If someone asked you for a 5 star stock suggestion what would it be? I could see buying one more rifle for the rest of my days if it checked all the light weight easy to shoot well and crazy accurate boxes.

Maybe 2 of them if a slow twist .223 was an option. The first one would be 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't care what any of the Creedmoor is a poor reflection on a persons "manliness level" people say. I own one and have loaded for another. The ease of getting bragging sized groups is a big plus and I'm not planning to hunt anything larger than deer and maybe a black bear.

Montana stock is a POS next to that fieldcraft stock. Montana stock is cold moulded fiberglass made in Costa Rica, the Fieldcraft had an AG composite stock.

Wow, in your opinion the Fieldcraft stock is better made than the Montana stock. But, there is nothing wrong with the Montana stock.

IMO, the contours of the Fieldcraft stock are in no way as comfortable as the Montana stock. IMO, there are angles and contours on the Fieldcraft stock that are sharp, square even, rather than rounded off for comfort on the gripping surfaces.

I can never understand why companies design an elite rifle with what feels like an ill carved 2x4.

The early Nosler rifles had an even worse formed stock. Very sharp edged in the grip area.

Bottom line, I cannot spend Fieldcraft money on a rifle that feels like that. Not when I have Montanas and Hunters that feel better much better in my hand. As I have not had problems with any of my Kimbers, they are my choice over the Fieldcraft. YMMV.

Last edited by AB2506; 01/18/24.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 160user, 1badf350, 16penny, 61 invisible), 2,173 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,026
Posts18,481,789
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.