Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Pentax 8x43 DCF SP bought here on the fire and would buy another pair if I could find one at a good price.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Meopta 15x for glassing

Vortex diamonbacks 10x40 for field hunting.

Wifey got me a pair of maven b3 6x30 for Christmas. I’ve had them out twice and they are delightful. I might stop using the 10x vortex altogether.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Meopta 15x for glassing

Wifey got me a pair of maven b3 6x30 for Christmas. I’ve had them out twice and they are delightful. I might stop using the 10x vortex altogether.

I'm wanting a quality 6 or 6.5 bino.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
The ability to see through thick cover with these glasses needs to be seen to believed. I still hunted a creek bottom loaded with mesquite and catclaw a few days ago using these binos, and I saw more deer than I ever have before doing that hunt. I was spotting deer a hundred yards away with brush in between. Very impressive.

They also give up little in terms of identifying animal characteristics at distance when compared to a typical 8 or 10x bino. And their low light performance is exceptional in my opinion. Very nice glasses. I’m smitten with them.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The ability to see through thick cover with these glasses needs to be seen to believed. I still hunted a creek bottom loaded with mesquite and catclaw a few days ago using these binos, and I saw more deer than I ever have before doing that hunt. I was spotting deer a hundred yards away with brush in between. Very impressive.

They also give up little in terms of identifying animal characteristics at distance when compared to a typical 8 or 10x bino. And their low light performance is exceptional in my opinion. Very nice glasses. I’m smitten with them.

This referring to the Mavens?

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Yes.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes.

That's good to know. I have 7x42 Swaro's and love them, but the 6x's would be nice to put in my pocket when I am on the move...

Would you mind spilling the beans where you got them?

Last edited by beretzs; 01/03/24.

Semper Fi
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Meopta 15x for glassing

I'd like to try these Kowa 6.5s Kowa 6.5s but I can't see them being much better than the Kowa/Leupold 6x porros. I love the 6x's because they are easy to hold steady even one-handed. I don't use a pouch just the one-piece ocular cover which I can pop off one-handed. At least half of the time I'm checking out sign 50yds away. The rest of the time I'm picking apart brush looking for deer. If you're covering a lot of ground in steep, rough country, being able to see if that's a rub over there or deer tracks saves a lot of wasted energy. And, the less of a hassle it is to use the things, the more often you'll use them and not miss that opportunity at the big buck! I've also, read somewhere that the wider spacing of the objective lenses on porro prisms gives you more of a 3D effect. I know these 6x30 porros are really good showing up deer in brush. They're also, light enough that you don't get a crick in your neck every hunting season even with just a strap. Commercial over! laugh I just really like these for what I do which is not "glassing" the wide open spaces. Of course, I still want a pair of the Mavens or Kowa roof prisms because the glass is probably better and they may be a better tool for the job.

Thanks for the heads up on the mavens.

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by beretzs
Yes.

That's good to know. I have 7x42 Swaro's and love them, but the 6x's would be nice to put in my pocket when I am on the move...

Of course not, devil!

https://mavenbuilt.com/

They took a few weeks to get shipped. They have a custom builder on their website. I chose colors and some engraving. Artsy frills, but I like the personalized look.

Originally Posted by 1eyedmule
Meopta 15x for glassing

I'd like to try these Kowa 6.5s Kowa 6.5s but I can't see them being much better than the Kowa/Leupold 6x porros. I love the 6x's because they are easy to hold steady even one-handed. I don't use a pouch just the one-piece ocular cover which I can pop off one-handed. At least half of the time I'm checking out sign 50yds away. The rest of the time I'm picking apart brush looking for deer. If you're covering a lot of ground in steep, rough country, being able to see if that's a rub over there or deer tracks saves a lot of wasted energy. And, the less of a hassle it is to use the things, the more often you'll use them and not miss that opportunity at the big buck! I've also, read somewhere that the wider spacing of the objective lenses on porro prisms gives you more of a 3D effect. I know these 6x30 porros are really good showing up deer in brush. They're also, light enough that you don't get a crick in your neck every hunting season even with just a strap. Commercial over! laugh I just really like these for what I do which is not "glassing" the wide open spaces. Of course, I still want a pair of the Mavens or Kowa roof prisms because the glass is probably better and they may be a better tool for the job.

These binos are tiny compared to my others. Very easy to carry and use with one hand. Very steady and they slip easily into a coat pocket. I kept the lens covers on that came factory. No complaints.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Yes.

Of course not, devil!

https://mavenbuilt.com/

They took a few weeks to get shipped. They have a custom builder on their website. I chose colors and some engraving. Artsy frills, but I like the personalized look.

Originally Posted by 1eyedmule
Meopta 15x for glassing

These binos are tiny compared to my others. Very easy to carry and use with one hand. Very steady and they slip easily into a coat pocket. I kept the lens covers on that came factory. No complaints.

Thank you! They offer a decent Veterans deal as well. Might have to sneak a pair into the hunting gear. I have come to like them small bins quite alot.

Semper Fi
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Swaro EL 8.5 x42. Every hunt since 2004/5 when I bought them.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by Windfall
I can appreciate that lots of the guys on here use very good binoculars, but I do wonder how many of you use them in our typical northern public land, second growth, limited visibility deer stand hunting? Agriculture fields, trophy hunting, antler restrictions, no rifle scope, then sure the binoculars. The deer I hunt in the national forest I see because they are moving and I am stationary, so the advantage is with me. If the deer is stationary and I am moving like glassing, then the advantage is with the deer. If I need to confirm a buck from a doe, my rifle scope does that and I am already ready to shoot. There is a good deal of movement that will spook a deer to transition from using binoculars to mounting a rifle, so to borrow that line from the song "30 Point Buck", "There he was, gone." No one in the northern hunting camps that I've been in has used them.

If you're happy with your tactics, keep doing that. Even in the big woods, I like binos so that I can focus behind brush and see what's on the other side.

This, I hunt timber in Alabama and Ohio. My binos are up much of the time. I see deer way before I can with my eyes. Timber in both places can be thick and dark. I see the deer coming way before it sees me in most cases. This allows me the time to mount up the rifle without being detected. I hunt a climber in Alabama but Im sitting against a tree on the ground in Ohio if I’m hunting timber there.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Holy cow I didn't realize so MANY had so MONEY for Binoculars.

I thought I was a snob! Half guys I am with drive me nuts using ancient Bushnells with broken eyepieces and don't know it...
I will often recommend 7x35 Nikon porros to most of those guys not wanting to spend $$$. They are typically blown away.

I use a Zen Ray 8x32 most of the time and 6x30 Yosemites the rest of the time. I don't need to stretch my view much.

May buy something different in a year or three.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
15 year old Bushnell Discoverers.

8x.

Still pretty good to my eyes although I carry them to the woods less and less every year.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nikon Monarch 7 8x30

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
6x30 Yosemite, but the itch is growing to get something more powerful.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Same as I have used since the day I got them, the only pair I own. Swarovski 12x42 NL Pure.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
8x42 Leica Ultravids on my chest, 15x56 Meopta HD's on the tripod.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Meopta Meopro 12x50.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Older pair of Bushnell Legend 8x42

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,522
Posts18,491,050
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.