Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ziplock ain't going to cut....in the shower.

FJB & FJT

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by scottryan
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Fixin’ stuff that ain’t broke.

You said a mouthful there Dan.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to keep ammunition around that won't work in the vast majority firearms today.

Its a range novelty.

No, it serves a very specific purpose. It's loaded and kept under the bed. If someone(s) breaks into your home you'll have maximum opportunities to stop them. Not sure what's so hard to understand.

...But I guess to be rounding the corner on 60k posts here, a guy needs to comment on anything and everything...carry on.

Someone has buyer's remorse already lol

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
More is always better.

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Why would you use a mini shell for self defense?
The advantage of a purpose built pump gun in shorty shells is obvious. Capacity. That's a drawback for pump guns with tubular magazines, which is why so much emphasis is placed on fast reloading under fire. Increase capacity, and decrease the urgency for fast reload under fire training.

My 590A1L has a 9 round tube. That's if I'm dumb enough to grab the shotgun for home defense lol

What if it's for another family member who may be home alone that isn't so proficient at handgun self-defense?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Never understood the purpose of mini shells

To send people in ban states to jail because their previously legal firearms now hold too many rounds.

(that and for people who don't want to hurt their girly hands shooting their Shockwave) wink

IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
The advantage of a purpose built pump gun in shorty shells is obvious. Capacity. That's a drawback for pump guns with tubular magazines, which is why so much emphasis is placed on fast reloading under fire. Increase capacity, and decrease the urgency for fast reload under fire training.

My 590A1L has a 9 round tube. That's if I'm dumb enough to grab the shotgun for home defense lol

What if it's for another family member who may be home alone that isn't so proficient at handgun self-defense?

Someone set said family member up for failure. Also, if you have enough room to swing that shotgun, you have enough room to swing a 16" AR.

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by cas6969
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Never understood the purpose of mini shells

To send people in ban states to jail because their previously legal firearms now hold too many rounds.

(that and for people who don't want to hurt their girly hands shooting their Shockwave) wink

Ignorance of the law is no excuse....nor is plain ignorance. How many times do you expect to have a home gun inspection? And what if this firearm is put in place for a girl to utilize? Carry on.

Last edited by scottryan; 01/18/24.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Hmmm
9 mini shot shell with #4 = 63 projectiles

Regular 2 3/4 shell has 27 #4
So a 7 shot regular has 189 projectiles
Think ill stick with normal

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

Someone set said family member up for failure. Also, if you have enough room to swing that shotgun, you have enough room to swing a 16" AR.

But you dont have to precisely aim a shotgun just point general direction

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X

Weak sauce answer. Against multiple charging attackers I'd trust my daughters life behind a 12 gauge pump before an AR. Facts.

IC B3

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by IA_fog

Precisely. wink

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Fixin’ stuff that ain’t broke.

You said a mouthful there Dan.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to keep ammunition around that won't work in the vast majority firearms today.

Its a range novelty.

No, it serves a very specific purpose. It's loaded and kept under the bed. If someone(s) breaks into your home you'll have maximum opportunities to stop them. Not sure what's so hard to understand.

...But I guess to be rounding the corner on 60k posts here, a guy needs to comment on anything and everything...carry on.

Someone has buyer's remorse already lol

Precisely why I only shoot 22 shorts.

More opportunity.

I am MAGA.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

How much spread occurs with your selected load in 30 feet?

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

Weak sauce answer. Against multiple charging attackers I'd trust my daughters life behind a 12 gauge pump before an AR. Facts.

I can't tell if you are trolling or not. Either way, that was pretty funny.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Precisely. wink

With 20-30 rounds available neither do I wink

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Just think of all the rounds you could cycle through the action to scare off the bad guys!

And if that didn't work....just point it in the general direction and pop one off.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one of these for home defence, the reason I chose this is because it holds 25 rounds of minis and my wife can handle it, or 15 2 3/4 I would rather have the 10 extra rounds. I read somewhere that the minis are 75% the power of a 2 3/4 shell.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/shotguns/ksg/

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by granitestate1
I have one of these for home defence, the reason I chose this is because it holds 25 rounds of minis and my wife can handle it, or 15 2 3/4 I would rather have the 10 extra rounds. I read somewhere that the minis are 75% the power of a 2 3/4 shell.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/shotguns/ksg/

You're making perfect sense. It'll never fly here.

Last edited by scottryan; 01/18/24.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah...Keltec....

Glad you like it.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 22 invisible), 1,736 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,985
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.