Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
I was in the market for a waterproof lightweight hunting jacket. Figured I might as well grab the 3200 2-7x32 natchez had on sale for a great price and get the free jacket. Wanted some feedback on the jacket before I send in my rebate form since I have till the end of Jan. to send it in and I could still return the scope.

How does it compare to hunting jackets in the 150 or less category?

Last edited by chickenfried; 01/02/08.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If you are talking about a canvas duck jacket, one of the guys in hunting camp this year had one and really liked it.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I bought 3 of the scopes from Natchez, and consequently ordered 3 jackets. They claim it takes 6 to 8 weeks to process, so I doubt I'll see them before the end of January, but if I do, I'll let you know.

I just figuered for 10 bucks per jacket, I had nothing to lose, I've wasted a lot more money than that on more frivolous things.

Last edited by Wink_man; 01/02/08. Reason: typo, what else

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chickenfried
I was in the market for a waterproof lightweight hunting jacket. Figured I might as well grab the 3200 2-7x32 natchez had on sale for a great price and get the free jacket. Wanted some feedback on the jacket before I send in my rebate form since I have till the end of Jan. to send it in and I could still return the scope.

How does it compare to hunting jackets in the 150 or less category?

If its any thing like the backpack fiasco I had I would not worry about it, I sent my coupon in with a check for $10 for the backpack when they did it, they lost the info, said I didn't send it etc, finally I dug up a canceled check, then they where out of backpacks, then they offered my money back or 2 other things instead finally after nearly a year I got 2 free backpacks, after numerous calls and the runaround

W
W
I received my jacket just prior to Christmas. It took about 4-5 weeks from the time I mailed my form. It seems pretty nice, although I have not worn it in the rain yet. I don't own any premium rain gear, so I don't have much basis for comparison. I don't think its breathable.

It's not worth $129, but certainly worth $10 and the time/trouble to submit the form.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No opinion of jacket, but back when they were offering "free" hunting bags with a scope, I got one and figure it is the best "free" item I have ever recieved. Heavy duty and full of pockets. I carry my serious hunting gear (binocs, knifes, shells,etc.) every hunt.

stumpy

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Can't say as I've ever seen a jacket that is worth having to buy a Bushnell scope.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a Bushnell Spotter earlier this year and got the jacket. Pretty decent jacket - I'd say you'd have to spend around $70 to get something comparable at Cabelas etc. Certainly worth sending in the coupon and $10.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Strong words.

I bought 3 holosights that go on the 870's and 11-87's. The box says rainguard. Do you think they qualify?

It isn't energy that kills. It's holes!
Dogzapper

A fine is a tax for doing wrong, a tax is a fine for doing well
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looked in on this thread because I am curious what the rain jacket is like. I bought the 2-7x32 Bushnell Firefly on sale from Natchez and thought I might as well go for the jacket also. Just sent the jacket coupon and ten bucks in yesterday.

Haven't got the scope mounted yet but I am a little stunned at how heavy the crosshairs are. I knew it was heavy from pics online, but did not clue into how thick they are. There is a step down and then very fine crosshairs in the center. I suspect that I am gong to like the heavy reticle in poor light, but also know that I would not have bought it if I'd held it in my hand and looked through it first. We'll see how it looks and shoots.

A lesson I keep relearning is to buy optics and many kinds of gear from local dealers where I can hold it, look through it, etc. Exceptions are items I already know, like a Leupold 3-9x40, etc. Return shipping kills any bargain advantages on internet buys if I don't like the item. I'm uneasy about the ethics of trying an item in a local retailer with the intent to order it cheaper online if I like it.

I wanted a low cost scope for predator calling on a .243 carbine, and like the lower profile of the 2-7. Ironically I passed on Doug's Pentax Gameseeker deal much as I'd have liked to buy from him, due to the busy Christmas tree reticle. Now this massive reticle is kind of funny, though I prefer it to the busy multiple lines.

And FWIW, the little flashlight that comes with the Firefly scope was dead on arrival, though I had no interest in it anyway. Mixed bag.

IC B3

C
c j Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Can't say as I've ever seen a jacket that is worth having to buy a Bushnell scope.....

smirk to each his own, I guess. Maybe not everyone feels like (or can afford to) spending four-figures on a scope. And for less than $250, I think a person would be hard pressed to find a better scope than the 4200 Elite 3x9. But opinions vary, I guess.

[/soapbox]

As to the topic in question, though, I have receieved one of the 'free' jackets and I was pretty impressed with it. Seems to be a reasonably well-made, light, quiet jacket. Like someone else said, I might not pay $129 for it, but I could see a sporting store asking around a $100. Definitely worth the time and trouble and the $10, that's for sure. I like mine.

Same with that backpack they offered a while back. I had no trouble getting mine and it's a nice pack. In fact I had several people ask about where to get one after seeing mine.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I ordered one of the Bushnell 3200's just to look at & probable give to a relative. I too have a old dislike for Bushnell. Many years ago I returned a Bushnell binocular for repair because it leaked & received a written reply that I shouldn't use in the rain. I framed the letter & posted in my office. When I ran a booking business, also years ago, I always pointed to the letter or sent a copy to customers considering the purchase of a Bushnell product. I guess I cost them a lot of business through the years. All things change & the scope seems to a viable product for the money spent. Don't know if I will ever mount it on a rifle. By all reports the scope holds up well on non-mags. Most of my rifles are mags so I use Zeiss Conquest,Leupold & Swarovski.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You can use the jacket to cover the scope in front of your friends....grin...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I got one of the rain jackets....it worth the $10....nice camo & suede type material...no Gortex.....had to buy a $500 scope though.... smirk

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
just a note, that offer on the jacket expired on dec. 31 2007. maybe they will extend it or offer something else.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the feedback everyone, well everyone except Stump laugh. Maybe I'll put a "my other scope is a zeiss" sticker on the firearm the 3200 is on.

The purchase of the optics had to be by December 31. You have until Jan. 31 to send the rebate form in.

Last edited by chickenfried; 01/05/08.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I have a couple of the jackets, and they are well worth the $10. It took a month to get mine. I've also received other promotion stuff; the wheeled duffel bag is outstandingly nice. The stuff always came faster than expected.

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the feedback everyone, well everyone except VAnimrod laugh. Maybe I'll put a "my other scope is a zeiss" sticker on the firearm the 3200 is on.

The purchase of the optics had to be by December 31. You have until Jan. 31 to send the rebate form in.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by sgt217
You can use the jacket to cover the scope in front of your friends....grin...

A Trojan for your Bush?

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks for the feedback everyone, well everyone except VAnimrod laugh. Maybe I'll put a "my other scope is a zeiss" sticker on the firearm the 3200 is on.

If you find a place that makes such stickers, send me the link please, I'll need to order about a dozen, between me and the kids.

Have not received my jackets yet.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (270wsmnutt, 257Bob, 2500HD, 1badf350, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222ND, 69 invisible), 2,994 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,682
Posts18,534,375
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.