Hop To
Page 179 of 315 1 2 177 178 179 180 181 314 315
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Greyghost
russia puts another one up... after losing a Beriev A-50 and its Command & Control aircraft a week or so ago. They are going to try again.

Link

Phil

Go away for good Phil. Asking for a friend

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
russia puts another one up... after losing a Beriev A-50 and its Command & Control aircraft a week or so ago. They are going to try again.

Link

Phil

Maybe you and your Genius Crew should address problems closer to home, like these.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hey Rick….don’t ya think it’s time to pull this sumbeech??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://spectator.org/putins-march-to-the-red-sea/

Putin’s March to the Red Sea
Russian imperialism continues its push on the African front.
by MARTIN AROSTEGUI
January 19, 2024, 1:25 AM

Vladimir Putin’s ambitions to revive the Soviet empire go beyond his war in Ukraine, involving lower-intensity geostrategic moves in various parts of the world producing disturbing results in Africa, where a growing chain of anti-Western military dictatorships controlled by the Kremlin could soon reach the Red Sea.

Russia has signed security agreements with more than 20 African countries, 13 of which were signed in the past five years, according to the Morocco-based think tank Policy Center for the New South. Moscow is Africa’s single largest arms supplier, accounting for 40 percent of African arms purchases between 2018–2022, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, far outstripping the 16 percent U.S. share and dwarfing that of France, the former colonial power whose 8 percent participation may shrink even further.

Newly installed military dictatorships in Niger, Mali, and Burkina Faso, as well as the Central African Republic (CAR), have expelled the French foreign legionnaires that traditionally policed the region to replace them with the Russian “Spetsnaz” of the Wagner private military company and other PMCs created by Moscow. “Russian mercenaries have established complex networks of political, economic and military influence” in Sahel and North Africa, reports an extensive policy research paper by the Warsaw-based Casimir Pulaski Foundation.

Russia has been consolidating its operations in Africa since the assassination of Wagner CEO Yevgeny Prigozhin, who spearheaded Moscow’s penetration of the continent by backing coups and rebellions along a strip of chronically unstable countries stretching from the western Sahara to the Red Sea.

Prigozhin provided a screen of “plausible deniability” for the Kremlin by personally negotiating deals for major mineral and energy concessions in exchange for arms, military training, and advisers to back regimes shunned by Western powers for their savagely repressive practices. “The West has been losing the race for geopolitical influence in Africa to … Russia … because of, among other things, its insistence on implementing … its own ideological models regarding human rights, political rules, etc., which are alien to local culture and tradition,” says the Pulaski think tank.

Since assassinating Prigozhin last August (see The American Spectator’s coverage), Russia’s intelligence services have rushed to assert control over Wagner’s widespread assets. High-level delegations led by the military intelligence (GRU) chief, Gen. Andrei Averyanov, and Deputy Defense Minister Yunus-Bek Yevkurov have repeatedly traveled to the capitals of the Sahel, the Central African Republic (CAR), and Libya, where Wagner has established extensive military bases containing Pantsir mobile air defense systems, Mi-8 heavy lift and Mi-35 combat helicopters, and Sukhoi and MiG fighter aircraft. While providing critical support for Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar’s Libyan National Army (LAN) in its struggle with the Turkish-supported central government in Tripoli, they also operate “autonomously,” according to the Pulaski Foundation, providing “forward bases” for Moscow to pursue ventures throughout Africa.

Talks between Russian defense officials, Haftar, and the camouflage-clad, sunglass-sporting army officers now ruling the Sahel countries have involved substituting their contracts with Wagner for more direct agreements with the Russian defense ministry, which is offering to further coordinate arms deliveries and upgrade military training for their armies. Russia’s defense ministry is incorporating the thousands of Wagner mercenaries spread throughout the continent into a new PMC called “Africa Corps,” according to recruitment ads posted by Russian military bloggers on Telegram.

Such plans were underway prior to Prigozhin’s death. During a July meeting in St. Petersburg between Putin and 17 African heads of state, the president of Central African Republic, Faustin-Archange Touadéra, expressed concern about the future of his Wagner bodyguards following Prigozhin’s June 24 rebellion. Putin introduced him to GRU general Andrei Averyanov, as the new authority “responsible” for the group in Africa.

The CAR president had considered switching his security to the Washington-based firm Bancroft Global Development, which says that it has communicated with him. But he was visited at his palace in Bangui by Averyanov in September. Subsequently, a Russian ex-intelligence operative who closely advised Touadéra at the time of his crackdown on opponents in 2021, and has recently started his own PCM, came to see him last month.

Despite being the poorest country in Africa, CAR has valuable gold mines which were given as concessions to Wagner to mitigate Russia’s international sanctions and finance the Kremlin’s expanding operations in Africa. The mines straddle the border with Sudan, where Wagner teams are supporting Sudanese rebel gendarmes of the Rapid Support Forces led by general Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo who took over government buildings in the capital, Khartoum, last year as the Russians pressured president Abdel Fattah al-Burhan to give them a Red Sea naval base in Port Sudan.

Wagner recruited Dagalo when he was already indicted by the International Criminal Court for “crimes against humanity” over the alleged genocide of rival tribes in his home region of Darfur. Hundreds of Russian mercenaries are similarly assisting Col. Assimi Goita in Mali who took power in a 2021 coup and has been accused of conducting systematic slaughters in villages suspected of harboring Islamic insurgents. Russian flags and posters lauding Putin instantly blossomed at rallies supporting Niger’s military junta when general Abdourahamane Tchiani overthrew president Mohamed Bazoum last July, imprisoning him and his family in conditions that UN observers have described as “inhumane.”

Responses to Russian encroachments have been weak. The Economic Community of West African States led by oil rich Nigeria threatened to intervene militarily to reestablish democratic rule in Niger following the July coup. But ECOWAS was faced down by Sahel’s three military juntas which declared an alliance against any invasion at a summit in Mali. France withdrew its 1,500 troops from Niger and shut down its besieged embassy last month. (READ MORE from Martin Arostegui: Russia and Iran’s Deadly Terrorist Diplomacy)

CIA director Nicolas Burns made a surprise visit to Libya a year ago to try to convince Marshal Haftar to shut down Wagner’s bases. The U.S. spy chief may have acted on intelligence of rising tensions between Wagner and LAN commanders increasingly irritated by the impunity of the Russian mercenaries, according to the Pulaski Foundation. But the U.S. has not agreed to give Haftar sophisticated weapons to replace his Russian gear and he fears that Wagner could shut down his oil fields. “Given Wagner’s military resources in the country, Russian mercenaries could overthrow the authorities in the eastern part of Libya without too much trouble,” says the Pulaski report.

The U.S. and its allies may ultimately be forced to draw the line in Sudan where the government remains besieged by Dagalo, who has close ties with the Iranian-backed Houthis trying to close the Red Sea to western shipping. There are signs that Ukrainian special forces, possibly contracted through NATO governments, are already operating covertly against Wagner teams supporting Dagalo. A video recently broadcast on CNN shows Ukrainian markings on drones used to attack a Russian convoy entering the Sudanese city of Omdurman.

Africa has always been the scene of proxy wars. The Soviet Union used Cuban troops to install pro-Moscow regimes in Angola, Mozambique, and Ethiopia during the Cold War. A former head of the French intelligence service (DGSE) once told me of how special forces of its Direct Action Service were ordered into the presidential palace in Bangui to fight off a pro-Soviet coup attempt in the 1980s. French President Macron declined to do it in Niger, but such high risk operations may soon be necessary to counter strategic Russian advances in the increasingly unstable region.

Putler believes all of Africa should be Russian people....well, at least 2nd class slaves, i mean citizens. that's why the Russians are fighting for Ukraine, they want to be 2nd class slaves...i mean citizens.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There it is. The craziest summary yet.

One report says that Putin is down to six airplanes--5 MIG 17s and a Sopwith Camel powered by a motor from Harbor Freight--and with that AirPower, he's going to crush straight through the Middle East and conquer the continent of Africa.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Bristoe
There it is. The craziest summary yet.

One report says that Putin is down to six airplanes--5 MIG 17s and a Sopwith Camel powered by a motor from Harbor Freight--and with that AirPower, he's going to crush straight through the Middle East and conquer the continent of Africa.

Well Bristoe that is crazy, you and I are the same age, have never seen so many gullible uke supporters.

Sad thing not one sees the basic truth, this never should have been anything that Canada and the US should be involved in, and the truth is that there is no winner in this money laundering scheme, except politicians and the munition companies.🤡

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You are correct about Russian Land miles. American Bradleys 2,s have held up better than anything else. Most times Russian mines can only blow off the tracks. They all die on either side in Russian FV,s. We need to send them more mine clearing equip, and more M1 tanks and F16 fighters. American Bradleys have actuall been able to take out Russian T90 Tanks. Best thing we have given them is the Javelin anti tank missiles. Russia has lost thousand of tanks to them and they have no answer to them. Ukraine Navy has mostly driven the Russian Navy from the fight. Russian Air Force is a dismal failure and there Helicopter's are not much better. Ukraine got Russian Early warning 4 engine air craft 2 days ago along with a 4 engine command and control aircraft. I,d say the Ukrain is doeing pretty well with our help. Just weight until they get 200 Leopard 1 tanks from Euporean countries. Many are already there. Now if we could get them more 155mm Howitzer Ammo.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by GunTruck50
You are correct about Russian Land miles. American Bradleys 2,s have held up better than anything else. Most times Russian mines can only blow off the tracks. They all die on either side in Russian FV,s. We need to send them more mine clearing equip, and more M1 tanks and F16 fighters. American Bradleys have actuall been able to take out Russian T90 Tanks. Best thing we have given them is the Javelin anti tank missiles. Russia has lost thousand of tanks to them and they have no answer to them. Ukraine Navy has mostly driven the Russian Navy from the fight. Russian Air Force is a dismal failure and their Helicopter's are not much better. Ukraine got Russian Early warning 4 engine air craft 2 days ago along with a 4 engine command and control aircraft. I,d say the Ukrain is doeing pretty well with our help. Just weight until they get 200 Leopard 1 tanks from Euporean countries. Many are already there. Now if we could get them more 155mm Howitzer Ammo.

Interesting.

Where are you getting your information?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
This is the same country that drove Nazi Germany back to Berlin?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
It was the weather that drove the Germans to a halt and ended the campaign.

Phil

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Biden crazies are attempting to restock a portion of the strategic oil reserve at $80 a barrel as we speak.

If they continue to piss off the Middle Eastern oil producing states they won't be able to buy it for 120.

Meanwhile, BRICS has access to all the oil it can use via Russia and the Middle Eastern States which have joined BRICS,...including Saudi Arabia.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Reading something where they are saying that recent finds in Guyana may equal “27 billion barrels”.

Oil is not running out, I no longer believe it is fossil fuel. It is some sort of abiotic process that is constantly replenishing and making new.
Isn't it going to be a shame when all the countries with real wealth and don't have parasite citizens just push us aside. BRICS darn well might attract countries like Guyana with real money. We are bankrupt and our time is up. We did it to ourselves.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It was the weather that drove the Germans to a halt and ended the campaign.

Phil
Why didn't the weather halt the Russians?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Because by that time the battle was just outside Moscow... they were already there.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Because by that time the battle was just outside Moscow... they were already there.
Phil
I sure am glad I missed out on that camping trip. I've camped in sub zero weather but not for 5 months straight. I bet suicide was common among the German soldiers.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by GunTruck50
You are correct about Russian Land miles. American Bradleys 2,s have held up better than anything else. Most times Russian mines can only blow off the tracks. They all die on either side in Russian FV,s. We need to send them more mine clearing equip, and more M1 tanks and F16 fighters. American Bradleys have actuall been able to take out Russian T90 Tanks. Best thing we have given them is the Javelin anti tank missiles. Russia has lost thousand of tanks to them and they have no answer to them. Ukraine Navy has mostly driven the Russian Navy from the fight. Russian Air Force is a dismal failure and their Helicopter's are not much better. Ukraine got Russian Early warning 4 engine air craft 2 days ago along with a 4 engine command and control aircraft. I,d say the Ukrain is doeing pretty well with our help. Just weight until they get 200 Leopard 1 tanks from Euporean countries. Many are already there. Now if we could get them more 155mm Howitzer Ammo.

Interesting.

Where are you getting your information?
From JeffO

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Opinions vary considerably on Russian losses compared to Ukraine's. We're expected to believe that Ukraine, using hand me down equipment and munitions, is winning a war against a major military power second only to the USA and that's arguable. Russian losses in a recent battle were about 3K compared to Ukraine's 20K. Ukraine has lost upwards of 500K in the conflict to date but you idiots actually believe they're winning. Have I got a deal for you.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by rainshot
Opinions vary considerably on Russian losses compared to Ukraine's. We're expected to believe that Ukraine, using hand me down equipment and munitions, is winning a war against a major military power second only to the USA and that's arguable. Russian losses in a recent battle were about 3K compared to Ukraine's 20K. Ukraine has lost upwards of 500K in the conflict to date but you idiots actually believe they're winning. Have I got a deal for you.
no one belives they are winning

we just believe russia's 3 day special military [bleep] is still ongoing, and russia isn't winning either - they might eventually by grinding their own population into dust.

H&R Discussion Discord: https://discord.gg/4MqJrMvZZK
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Just wait until they (Ukraine) get HIMARS …. they’ll really make the Russians sorry then.

Just wait until they get F16s … they’ll really make the Russians sorry then.

Just wait until they get more Javelins … they’ll really make the Russians sorry then.

Just wait until they get more Artillery … they’ll really make the Russians sorry then.

Just wait until they get Abrams tanks … they’ll really make the Russians sorry then.

Just wait until they get 200 Leopard tanks … they’ll really make the Russians sorry then.

Just wait until they get better weather … they’ll really make the Russians sorry then.

Just wait until they get more US TAX DOLLARS … they’ll really make the Russians sorry then.

I really don’t care if they kill each other, it’s what Russians do, I simply can’t believe that we’re funding it to the detriment of OUR citizens….all the while Putin laughs at us. If there’s anything that a POS Russian like Putin knows it’s how to manipulate others.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If there’s anything that a POS Russian like Putin knows it’s how to manipulate others.

Putin isn't who is manipulating you.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If there’s anything that a POS Russian like Putin knows it’s how to manipulate others.

Putin isn't who is manipulating you.

No I’m fully aware of that but he’s quite successful at manipulating those that are manipulating us (or trying to).

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 179 of 315 1 2 177 178 179 180 181 314 315

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 54 invisible), 1,876 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,279
Posts18,525,570
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.