Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by sidewinder72
I go in many places where they do not want you to carry. My wife always says "you are not carrying are you"? They have signs up. I always say who is going to know except you and I. I refuse to be told I can not carry, so some arsehole can shoot up the place knowing all are unarmed.

I hope your wife appreciates that you are along to protect her, in case there is an active shooter.

NRA Patron

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Funny thing about mass shooters, they never target a police station...

Well ........ Several years ago -- and I can not recall the exact date or city -- a man armed with a handgun of some sort, went into an FBI office and started shooting. All the agents therein were seated at their desks and every agent had taken off his handgun and locked it in a drawer in his desk. (After all, who needs to wear a heavy handgun while working in a safe FBI office? wink )

Everyone was diving for cover and trying to find the proper key on his key ring for his desk drawer. Finally, one of the agents managed to retrieve his pistol and either shot the perp or took him into custody. I do not remember the particulars on this story and perhaps someone here can fill in some info or correct me. As I mentioned, it was quite a few years ago.

I remember that procedures for agents who worked in FBI offices were changed. wink

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RUM7
All these mass shooters use an AR15 because the media has told them how deadly it is.
I would hate to see an educated one take a 12 gauge with a mag extension and 00 buck into a crowded space.

Gun free zones signs are there to make the sheep feel safe. I see no need to pay attention.
Now are we talking full size shotgun shells or minis? Ive heard you can fire til tomorrow with a tube full of minis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spent too much time in hospitals lately, from here to Pittsburgh, they have a sign no
metal detector. I'm armed.

Have a friend who is an x-ray tech, she finds guns all the time.
Security secures them if it's an impaired patient or one to be admitted/transferred.
She let's the patient secure them if it's just pics and go, along with a, "You aren't supposed to have that in here, we can both get in trouble".

Awhile back she had a 70some year old woman carrying a handgun in a holster.
"honey i'm 7x years old, i ain't leaving my house without it"!

For 22 years I've been waiting for the obvious terrorist mass shooting.

Simultaneous mass shootings on a high school sporting event,
football would be perfect. One or two on movie theaters or malls at the same time.
Paducah, Decauter(pick one), some county of under 50k...middle America,
cities many either never heard of or know nothing about.

Forget NY, DC, LA!

Not that many people live there, overall.
Scare middle America, Nowheresville RFD.
If it can happen in Dothan, or Dillon, or Berlin, it can happen
anywhere, anytime.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Funny thing about mass shooters, they never target a police station...

and the mass thieves never rob a bookstore!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
This morning my wife needed to stop by the local hospital to have some blood drawn. As we went in, I saw some new signs that weren't there before: No guns, no fixed blade knives, no anything that can be used as a weapon. As she checked in, they brought their new policy to our attention.

Hey, you potential mass shooters. Here's a great place to practice your hobby. There's no danger until the cops get there. You can get off lots of shots before anyone seriously opposes you. Think of the great publicity you'll get.

That said, as I looked around at the large number of people there, I had to wonder how many were armed. I'm betting it wasn't as gun free as they intend.

Even the security in our local hospitals are unarmed old fat guys

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I feel that any public place that hangs these signs, should be responsible for the safety that they are removing from the public...by hiring a number of paid armed guards per customer/visitor.

I also feel that every school in America should have two local Sheriff's posted during the school day. The Sheriff's should be regular deputies that just do like a week rotation - like a watch bill - at the local school, so as not to generate complacency. Anyone who says that this is unaffordable should just look at the number of larda$$ administrators already employed...their salaries could be redirected for Sheriff reimbursement.

YMMV

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Funck gun free zones

I never ever subscribe to that commie schit.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
How would any of you feel if someone shot up a hospital because they learned about them being gun free zones from this thread?

Kinda reminds me of, "I sure hope noone notices our guard is down at this location at this time" crap.

Why do you feel a need to broadcast it?

Medics bury their mistakes..
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
RC that is the piss poorest post you ever made.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Hospital local to me has a metal detector to get into the er.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"gun free" is just another way of saying "free fire".

Once upon a time I worked in a "gun free" (district policy) zone (public school) when a certain person exhibited certain behaviors.

I susoect the Principal (a former Miss Alaska) also took a precationary measure.... but we never discussed it. She was a career beast, but still... NO-BODY F'KED WITH THE KIDS.

I kept a bat beside my desk for show.... pay no attention to what's in the drawer smile

Last edited by las; 01/20/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
This morning my wife needed to stop by the local hospital to have some blood drawn. As we went in, I saw some new signs that weren't there before: No guns, no fixed blade knives, no anything that can be used as a weapon. As she checked in, they brought their new policy to our attention.

Hey, you potential mass shooters. Here's a great place to practice your hobby. There's no danger until the cops get there. You can get off lots of shots before anyone seriously opposes you. Think of the great publicity you'll get.

That said, as I looked around at the large number of people there, I had to wonder how many were armed. I'm betting it wasn't as gun free as they intend.

Were you packing?

It’s ok, we will preserve your anonymity.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I couldn't see it.... smile

Last edited by las; 01/20/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wonder how many scalpels are in that hospital.... Someone can do a lot of damage with one of those....especially when they stitch you up and leave the surgical sponge inside!

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I’m pretty sure hospitals in Florida have always been illegal for concealed carry, even with a permit .

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Rooterpig
I’m pretty sure hospitals in Florida have always been illegal for concealed carry, even with a permit .

Illegal or hospital policy? Asking for a friend named Eli Dicken...

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gun free zone doesn’t seem to be working out very well for the post office.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Walmart says, do not open carry

Yeah, my local Walmart has a sign allowing concealed carry but not open carry. However, if someone is open carrying they apparently don't hassle the person. t least I haven't seen anything. However, there always seems to be a couple of Sheriff's deputies on duty especially on weekends when half of Nogales Mexico it there shopping. i hate like hell having to there on a weekend but sometimes I just have to do it. Friday's has all the welfare types as well and they spill over in the weekend.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Amos63, 16 invisible), 1,563 guests, and 874 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,941
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.