Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Bugger
I’d sure like to see someone like Mule Deer do an exhaustive side by side between the Garmin and the new Labradar.

Me too.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It should be fairly easy for a couple of guys to get together with their units(!) and do a side by side. JB’s trying to retire…..

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
The new LR has an aiming port on top of the unit. That would lead me to believe the unit is much more picky about "aiming" the beam down range. The Garmin is not picky at all. LR probably got tired of Garmin kicking their asss.

Man, it is so nice, toss it on the bench or ground, generally pointed down range and shoot.. They nailed it.

This battery thing is kinda a non issue. How many of you have ever had to replace a battery in a cell phone or other similar item. It ain't going to be that difficult and chances are you may have to pay a fee and it'll be done. One thing to note, run the batteries down before charging. It exercises the battery. If you constantly charge it, they develop a memory.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This battery thing is kinda a non issue. How many of you have ever had to replace a battery in a cell phone or other similar item. It ain't going to be that difficult and chances are you may have to pay a fee and it'll be done. One thing to note, run the batteries down before charging. It exercises the battery. If you constantly charge it, they develop a memory.[/quote]

The battery is lithium-ion and it is my understanding it is best not run it down just keep it charged. Lithium-ion does not develop memory like older batteries.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Deans
This battery thing is kinda a non issue. How many of you have ever had to replace a battery in a cell phone or other similar item. It ain't going to be that difficult and chances are you may have to pay a fee and it'll be done. One thing to note, run the batteries down before charging. It exercises the battery. If you constantly charge it, they develop a memory.

The battery is lithium-ion and it is my understanding it is best not run it down just keep it charged. Lithium-ion does not develop memory like older batteries.[/quote]
Please run this issue to ground guys. Sounds like some disagreement here and the "correct" answer is pretty important for the user of the product to know, as the two procedures recommended here are pretty much opposite each other.

Thanks to all who engage in the discussion.
Rex

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Deans

The battery is lithium-ion and it is my understanding it is best not run it down just keep it charged. Lithium-ion does not develop memory like older batteries.[/quote]

We use alot of Lithium Ion's for our work and any battery will develop memory. Lead Acid will do it faster but Li-Ion will as well. Our practice is to use the batteries fully then recharge them in order to maintain their life. The great part about Li-Ions is their ability to provide power (voltage) from full to almost out whereas a lead acid will have about 70% of its usable capacity when new and never gets any better.

I still don't think charging/using them in either method will hurt them for a very long time. It doesn't seem to be a big power hog. Last trip on the range it was 15 degree and I was out shooting for 3 hours or so and from a full charge the units battery life barely came off full. I was pretty impressed by that.

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
well guys keep using these units and letting us know more if you can .Thank you ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Lithium batteries can go bad prematurely. It’s not uncommon. The cordless tool manufacturers probably have more experience with lithium batteries under tough conditions than any other industry out there. Once in a while a battery will go bad prematurely.

I’d still be using my iPhone 8 if it wasn’t for the battery becoming weak. I’d much rather not spent the $950 on a new phone—that money would’ve bought a lot of smokeless powder……

The Doppler radar chrono’s don’t seem to use a lot of power. I have a 10,500 mAh Iniu battery pack (that replaced a 10,000 mAh Anker battery after it died less than two years after I bought it) that runs my LR. I leave my LR on the entire time I’m at the range and record any shot send down range to the 100 or 200 yd targets. After 5 hours I still have 75% charge on the battery pack.

Not to mention I’m sure a chunk of the cost of a internal battery in these new units adds a lot more to the cost of the unit, when an external battery source would be less expensive and easy to replace.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The Garmin will run off a battery block plugged into the charging port. I’m as anal about stuff like this as anyone, but I can’t recall the last device that had a battery crap. I strongly suspect Garmin will service their unit if it comes to that.

Meanwhile, I’ll enjoy the convenience of the Garmin and worry about something else.

The new LR looks good. Didn’t take them long to shoot back…..

I've had batteries crap out in several phone, and my laptop going on its 3rd.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 01/23/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
P
P
OOOOOH CHYT......LabRadar said "HOLD ya horses" lol!

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Popap
OOOOOH CHYT......LabRadar said "HOLD ya horses" lol!

>i pulled back on the reins ! now what ???

i also have had batteries crap out on phones the last phone pissed me off so much i had grandson shoot that phone with his 257 Roberts at 100 yards !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
With the few drawbacks it has,, I think I'll stick with my old LabRadar or my old Chorny's.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine shipped today. Will report anything of note.
Rex

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like Caldwell has a new one out that gives the bullets down range BC. $499 is what I saw.

Last edited by Hudge; 01/26/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
^^^
Yep. Rolled out at Shot show, and will be available in a few months.

Last edited by Stammster; 01/26/24.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Hudge
Looks like Caldwell has a new one out that gives the bullets down range BC. $499 is what I saw.

The FX True Ballistics Chrono does the BC calculations also, but it is much more expensive. I have one, and it is a great chronograph. Super easy to use.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Torque
Originally Posted by Hudge

The FX True Ballistics Chrono does the BC calculations also, but it is much more expensive. I have one, and it is a great chronograph. Super easy to use.

I’ll stick with my Garmin, I can put that thing in my pocket.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For those who may not see Rick Bin's post with some answers straight from the horse's mouth.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...different-take-on-the-labradar-lx#UNREAD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any Garmins for sale for $300 yet? whistle

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1minute, 1badf350, 2500HD, 22250rem, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 50 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,293
Posts18,505,293
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.