-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Several here are under the impression I am going out of business or retiring. NO ! But I am doing a serious clean up. Several months ago, somehow I got off balance in my shop, foot slipped a little, had chamber cutting fluid on my shoes. In managing to catch myself, I skinned my shin on some metal. And I mean good. Started just above my ankle, stopped just below my knee. Left a pile of meat just below my knee. Bleed like hell.....hurt like hell too. I hobbled around for two weeks weeks before it got better. I decided right then and there its time to get rid of some stuff and make some room.
Some years ago a writer wrote that some gunsmiths use worn out reamers. Maybe they do, cant speak for everyone. Some of my customers would require their rifle to be built with a new reamer. No need in trying to explain, their minds were made. And who am I to tell some one else how to spend their money ! So, they want a new reamer, you got it. So...wind up with a pile of once used reamers and gauges. If I can sell all this I have listed, I'll have enough room to be able to find (maybe) what I am looking for. I will still have a couple hundred left, but it will be some better. And thats the story.
Charlie

The data and opinions contained in these posts are the results of experiences with my equipment. NO CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN FROM ANY DATA PRESENTED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THESE RESULTSj
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Glad to hear that you’re not retiring

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
It is interesting how some people come to a place of business and tell the professionals how to do the job

I think you are wise ok if that’s what you want

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by boatboy
It is interesting how some people come to a place of business and tell the professionals how to do the job

Hank

It's because of what Sisk said, some gunsmiths use worn out reamers.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What does a wore out reamer do that’s not desirable?

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Angus1895

Show up?

LOL
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I figured you were retiring or at least working your way toward it. Wasn't going to ask though cause it really ain't none of my business. Reckoned you would make an announcement if you were and wanted us to know.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Some times you have to get rid of stuff just to make room to be able to accomplish other stuff! Hope you get healed up.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sometimes I like the idea of a reamer that's been resharpened a couple times. Makes for a nice tight chamber, no?

Charlie, if you stumble onto a .32-40 reamer.....

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I am glad to hear you are alright. I have always enjoyed getting boxes of "treasures" from you.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Charlie,
I'm glad to know you're mending well. Stay in touch and I hope you make a gazzillion .gov dollars off your inventions.

Medics bury their mistakes..
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
One of Charlie's greatest inventions is the STAR (Sisk Tactical Adjustable Rifle) stock. Have had a rifle he built on one since the STAR appeared, with more than barrel.

The primary barrel, however, is a heavy Lilja 1-8 chambered in David Tubbs' 6XC, which is the most deadly long-range prairie dog rifle I've ever owned....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus1895

Most of us are still trying to wear one out.....

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (160user, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,741
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.