-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FYI Apple now makes a TV you strap to your head so you can walk around in the world with it hanging off your face. You will never miss anything important (on TV) again.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The same Apple that intentionally slowed down older iPhones and shortened battery life to force people to buy new phones

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have 2 tv's , one 20 yr's old and one 10 years old. Firesticks on both started acting up and wouldn't load up. Had to replace the 2 firesticks and everything is normal again. They know how to get money out of us. Seems like any movie I want to watch is one that has to be rented or purchased.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I’m outraged!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Brother Hawkeye’s life sucks. His electronic devices are aging and home delivery tracking is spotty.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Swifty52
The bad news, however, is that Roku does not support iTunes movies because iTunes movies are DMR-protected and cannot be played on non-Apple devices. There is no way to play iTunes movies and TV shows directly on Roku, which is disappointing if you're an iTunes Movies fan and have purchased or rented a ton of content on iTunes.
Like me.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SupFoo
You didn't say how old the hardware actually is...?
About fifteen years old, but functions flawlessly.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stickfight
FYI Apple now makes a TV you strap to your head so you can walk around in the world with it hanging off your face. You will never miss anything important (on TV) again.
I don't have a TV contract. My use of the big screen is for DVDs, movies and TV purchased or rented off iTunes, and Prime media.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It's just a dirty business practice.
\

Welcome to the Apple way.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have a TV contract. My use of the big screen is for DVDs, movies and TV purchased or rented off iTunes, and Prime media.

This is less a TV than it is goggles, but it runs the Apple TV app which does about everything the actual Apple TV hardware device does.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
It's just a dirty business practice.
\

Welcome to the Apple way.......

As mentioned above, this is not a decision by Apple it is Amazon deciding to no longer support the codecs the older Apple TVs can run.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Apple works for the shareholders, as they should.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I feel for you bud cause i have been fighting the same battle. 2 iPods that still work just dandy, hook is that i cant talk to them for a music refresh unless its iTunes. Same with my phone. Everything Apple seems to be proprietary as they dont play well with others as you are finding out.
As far as TV like JP I have a huge dvd collection and only use Roku for prime or a couple others. I wont buy movies off of prime or any other site as you only own them while a member, buy the dvd used or bargain bin if i really gotta see it for some reason I rent.

Swifty
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I know nothing about Apple TVs..... but I would think your TV would still support Itunes as your firestick would be a seperate input. You'd be able to access internet with the TV AND firestick would you not (one at a time)?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Apple works for the shareholders, as they should.

You tell em’!!!🙄

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I saw this on mine too yesterday. I hate giving it up because I still use the radio app. I went into the menu and killed Prime from the home screen. I’ll use it until it doesn’t work and put it in the microwave.

I will continue to use apple tv because its much easier switching on and off other streaming services through apple -vs- individual accounts.

I binge watch on a service for the month and turn it off until the next set of shows drop.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 01/21/24.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Get a sound bar and use ur phone

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is some serious complaining here that needs to be cross posted to the “Let’s get it all off our chests” thread.
I hope TRH hasn’t lost his access to those Active Self Defense videos.
I rely on those to keep my pistolaro skills honed to a razor sharp edge.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by SupFoo
You didn't say how old the hardware actually is...?
About fifteen years old, but functions flawlessly.
Apparently not. You have mentioned two services which it can no longer decipher.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Roku
Does that support iTunes?
Hell if I know

Your answer was just a “Roku and itunes” query away

The bad news, however, is that Roku does not support iTunes movies because iTunes movies are DMR-protected and cannot be played on non-Apple devices. There is no way to play iTunes movies and TV shows directly on Roku, which is disappointing if you're an iTunes Movies fan and have purchased or rented a ton of content on iTunes.

I guess you didnt google Roku Apple TV app? Just watched Old Henry(for like the 20th time) last night on my Roku TV using the Apple TV app which streamed it from .....wait for it....my iTunes library.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

488 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,878 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,615
Posts18,473,942
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.