Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Pretty negative in terms of state power to defend itself. Does an invasion have to be in concert with gunfire?

Section 10: Powers Denied to the States

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The federal government is supposed to be defending the border not facilitating an invasion.

https://americarenewing.com/issues/policy-brief-how-states-can-secure-the-border/

Known as the guarantee clause, Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution states, “The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them from Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.”

In light of the recent and very wrong decree by SCOTUS if I were Abbot I would kick the Border Patrol out and activate the militia to defend the border. That would make the hornets nest a bit nasty.

Dog I rescued in January

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rickt300
The federal government is supposed to be defending the border not facilitating an invasion.

https://americarenewing.com/issues/policy-brief-how-states-can-secure-the-border/

Known as the guarantee clause, Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution states, “The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them from Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.”

In light of the recent and very wrong decree by SCOTUS if I were Abbot I would kick the Border Patrol out and activate the militia to defend the border. That would make the hornets nest a bit nasty.
It sure would. If that ever happens I would hope other states would stand with them.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim1611

It sure would. If that ever happens I would hope other states would stand with them.

Why not just hold back taxes due?

With TX oil $$$ that would say something...and hurt.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Not giving the feds tax dollars would be about the same as denying drugs to an addict! Yes it would hurt.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Not giving the feds tax dollars would be about the same as denying drugs to an addict! Yes it would hurt.

Well...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well what. You want me to start the trend?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Ok, Jim.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

This last line says it all and gives Gov. Abbot carte blanche to do what ever he needs to do. Joe Biden has totally ignored the Supreme Court and the Constitution for the last 3 years of his reign. It's time the governors picked up the fight.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

Funny post they would just print more money.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

But that isn't how it works...

Instantly, banks worldwide would know...

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

They sure do and immediately line up for their digital representation.

Dog I rescued in January

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

What does that mean?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It would be nice for States to start doing what has been proposed in Utah. This isn't really related to the feds' refusal to execute the law, but it IS a step in the right direction when the States start telling the feds to FO.

Bill to negate federal acts in Utah

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
But you are leaving out all the sub clauses that completely describe the purpose and meaning, and of which has been totally pointed to by the Supreme Court. Another words, you are leaving out all the fine print...

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greyghost
But you are leaving out all the sub clauses that completely describe the purpose and meaning, and of which has been totally pointed to by the Supreme Court. Another words, you are leaving out all the fine print...

Phil

What fine print? You mean all the stuff written in invisible ink that you fuckwad libs try to tell us is in there?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Ok, Jim.
I doubt my little dab would cause much stir but if it would I'd be glad to start. You fellows would be reading another Randy Weaver story most likely.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Be careful with the word militia

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rost495

Be careful with the word militia

Why? Texas has a state militia.

https://texasstatemilitia.org/

https://tsmdfw.org/

Last edited by rickt300; 01/24/24.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

What does that mean?

Geez when the government dumps currency who do you think gets it? And do you really think every dollar is printed?

Dog I rescued in January

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 63 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,295
Posts18,487,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.